Anyone have a good opinion on why we didn't... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone have a good opinion on why we didn't...

Phin Phanatic

Starter
Reaction score
Draft a defensive back?

Not that I know a lot, but I'd believe that was one of our MAJOR holes going into the draft. Yeah we had the 4th/5th passing yrds against last year, however, I'd contribute a lot of that to our amazing pass rush. Our dbacks are serviceable at best. While Yeremiah Bell is a fan favourite for all of us (I assume), I think he plays with a lot of heart and can make some big plays, being our best D back, that's a tough pill to swallow, no?

I hate to cast Allen as a bust, but I just don't expect great things from a guy who has bad hips playing a position where hips are an intrical part of your movements.

Damn, I know it would of made ZERO sense trading up for Landry, but man that guy will be one of the top 5 players in the league in 5 years. He'll be the second coming of Ed Reed if not better.

Anyways, is there any chance we could maybe pick up a stud in the back 4 before training camp? Anyone available?

As far as the draft goes. I'm like everyone else screaming and shaking their head when we passed on Quinn. BUT I'm excited about Ginn, still not sold on Beck, but the rest of the draft was solid. I heard Solail (sp?) might have been a real good pick...

have a great day.

Draft a defensive back?

Not that I know a lot, but I'd believe that was one of our MAJOR holes going into the draft. Yeah we had the 4th/5th passing yrds against last year, however, I'd contribute a lot of that to our amazing pass rush. Our dbacks are serviceable at best. While Yeremiah Bell is a fan favourite for all of us (I assume), I think he plays with a lot of heart and can make some big plays, being our best D back, that's a tough pill to swallow, no?

I hate to cast Allen as a bust, but I just don't expect great things from a guy who has bad hips playing a position where hips are an intrical part of your movements.

Damn, I know it would of made ZERO sense trading up for Landry, but man that guy will be one of the top 5 players in the league in 5 years. He'll be the second coming of Ed Reed if not better.

Anyways, is there any chance we could maybe pick up a stud in the back 4 before training camp? Anyone available?

As far as the draft goes. I'm like everyone else screaming and shaking their head when we passed on Quinn. BUT I'm excited about Ginn, still not sold on Beck, but the rest of the draft was solid. I heard Solail (sp?) might have been a real good pick...

have a great day.

the coaches have fait that allen (our first round pick last year) will start at CB , thats why

Ok, while your opinon nor does my opinon really matter, but do you think Allen will do well at CB???????

We needed offense more. Plus who in the 3rd round on could come in and play better right away at DB? Will Allen, Goodman, Daniels are solid if not spectacular and Renaldo Hill actually played well last year. Like you said Bell is exciting, so really it wasn't that desperate of a need. So, J. Allen probably wont' even start. We have some depth there. (oh and there has been zero mention of any hip problems for him since his surgery)

now, we had to get a QB and had no legit back up RBs and oline has major holes.

Back
Top Bottom