Anyone here think Foles is better than Tannehill? | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone here think Foles is better than Tannehill?

We can win with Tannehill, and Gase was proving that until the injury. This team needs a lot more talent on defense, TE, and the offensive line. Give Tannehill a Zach Ertz, a top offensive line and defense like Philly had this year, and then talk to me about how he compares to Foles. Foles played great in the playoffs, but he also got lucky to catch the Pats and Vikings on off days, and was even luckier that a pass deflected off a knee against ATL which completely changes that game if the easy play is made. We have never seen Tannehill even in a playoff game so it is impossible to say how he would perform, but his ceiling is a lot higher than Foles from a talent perspective, and last time I checked coaches in any sport at any level dig talent. Tannehill is a very talented QB, but it is yet to be determined how he will play in big games because he has never had the supporting cast that Nick Foles has had to get to big games, particularly this season. Personally I think he would excel in a big game (playoffs) due to his talent and football IQ, but it's anyone's guess for now...
I think thill17 is just like qb coming out college. I am stilling waiting on him to deliver. I never knew it take qb this long. I felt that Gase was good coach first year but yr 2 he was not that good at all. I hope he learn something but if he come back like yr 2 coach. he will be fired in 2020. why do dolphins hire coach from bears???

We can win with Tannehill, and Gase was proving that until the injury. This team needs a lot more talent on defense, TE, and the offensive line. Give Tannehill a Zach Ertz, a top offensive line and defense like Philly had this year, and then talk to me about how he compares to Foles. Foles played great in the playoffs, but he also got lucky to catch the Pats and Vikings on off days, and was even luckier that a pass deflected off a knee against ATL which completely changes that game if the easy play is made. We have never seen Tannehill even in a playoff game so it is impossible to say how he would perform, but his ceiling is a lot higher than Foles from a talent perspective, and last time I checked coaches in any sport at any level dig talent. Tannehill is a very talented QB, but it is yet to be determined how he will play in big games because he has never had the supporting cast that Nick Foles has had to get to big games, particularly this season. Personally I think he would excel in a big game (playoffs) due to his talent and football IQ, but it's anyone's guess for now...

Maybe in five more years when Tennehill is 36 we will see if he reached his ceiling.

You think RT would excel in a big game due to his talent and football IQ? We can dream....

Here's the fast forward crystal ball:

Fins pick a QB in first round of 2018 draft

RT starts season and it's yet another slow start offensively

Through another RT injury or failure the Fins move to the draft pick by week 12

The draft pick takes the reigns and shows what a ceiling looks like

RT is released in the 2018 offseason

Maybe in five more years when Tennehill is 36 we will see if he reached his ceiling.

You think RT would excel in a big game due to his talent and football IQ? We can dream....

Here's the fast forward crystal ball:

Fins pick a QB in first round of 2018 draft

RT starts season and it's yet another slow start offensively

Through another RT injury or failure the Fins move to the draft pick by week 12

The draft pick takes the reigns and shows what a ceiling looks like

RT is released in the 2018 offseason

All ridiculous. I hope we do draft a QB, but unless he becomes injury prone, RT is our QB. Someone of his caliber isn't easily replaced. You may not like how this team has played since he's got here, but our QB has been doing his part.

You play to win the game. The QB is there to get points on the board and win.

How can you cling to this RT pipe dream so long?

Bc i see a good qb playing on a bad team. You seem to think bad team = bad QB.

I definitely wouldn't have predicted Foles to play as well as he did, but results are the bottom line with me.

And I'm not saying it can't happen with Tannehill, but I'm not going to make the assumption that it can. I just haven't seen that consistency from game to game from an individual standpoint from Ryan Tannehill, to think he can replicate that run against playoff quality opponents.

Before he got injured, he was on an incredible run of consistency...

But suddenly Foles has based on two months?

What a ****ty argument. You guys take the newest flavor of the month and act like they're night and day from tannehill. You still feeling the same about Newton? No? And this time next year you wont feel the same about Foles. Why? Bc you look at team success to determine the value of the QB.
Hey Einstein last time we checked a team's success has a whole lot to do with the quarterback in this league. It's called winning and losing. Losers lose. Cutler is a loser. He will lose wherever he goes. Tannehill is a middling loser at 37-40.

Bc i see a good qb playing on a bad team. You seem to think bad team = bad QB.
How would Miami look with Drew Brees. Same shitty cast. You tell me.

The great ones demand those around them be great. They bring the entire team upward.

where do u see us finish next yr w thill17 as starter?
as 30yr old qb age become factory.
anything less than wildcard is fail because tyrod taylor made wildcard w bills last yr. without no help from front office or head coach. they want him to fail.

In your opinion what makes him a good QB? What year or at what point would you say he crossed that threshold?

He's accurate, very accurate. He rarely makes mistakes as far as where to go with the ball. He can take off and run. His accuracy on deep throws has dramatically improved. He's tough. He doesnt flinch when taking a hit. He doesn't panic when his first read is taken away. And yes, his pocket presence has improved as well.

I'm not exactly sure when I was completely sold, and again, I'm not claiming he is elite, but if we ever give him a decent OL I think his doubters would realize his skill set.

Before he got injured, he was on an incredible run of consistency...

Unfornutately, the Dolphins won't have the pleasure of having a schedule as lax as 2016. You're not going to play 1-15 Brown, 2-14 49ers, 4-12 Rams, 5-11 Chargers, 5-11 Jets, and 7-9 Bills every year.

2016 was a smoke a mirrors season much like the 2008 Sparano/Pennington season. Don't believe the hype, you're going to be heart broken in the end.

where do u see us finish next yr w thill17 as starter?
as 30yr old qb age become factory.
anything less than wildcard is fail because tyrod taylor made wildcard w bills last yr. without no help from front office or head coach. they want him to fail.

He did have help in the form of the 6th best rushing offense in the NFL, and in their 9 wins the defense averaged 15ppg.

Back
Top Bottom