Anyone here think Foles is better than Tannehill? | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone here think Foles is better than Tannehill?

where do u see us finish next yr w thill17 as starter?
as 30yr old qb age become factory.
anything less than wildcard is fail because tyrod taylor made wildcard w bills last yr. without no help from front office or head coach. they want him to fail.

Can you stop with grading QBs on wins/losses. Its so irrelevant. None of these players are doing it alone. This is a team sport. Yes, it would be a fail for the phins to miss the playoffs again, but you think coaches are like, 'well we didnt make the post season. Should we try to find deficiencies in the roster? Nah, it must be the QBs fault.'

He's accurate, very accurate. He rarely makes mistakes as far as where to go with the ball. He can take off and run. His accuracy on deep throws has dramatically improved. He's tough. He doesnt flinch when taking a hit. He doesn't panic when his first read is taken away. And yes, his pocket presence has improved as well.

I'm not exactly sure when I was completely sold, and again, I'm not claiming he is elite, but if we ever give him a decent OL I think his doubters would realize his skill set.
Yes, but that is exactly the problem. As long as Tannenbaum is calling the shots he will NEVER have a decent OL.

The funny thing about Foles and Tannehill is neither get much praise. Foles was cast off by many teams, he played great in the playoffs and won the superbowl and he isnt going to be phillys guy and it is possible Wentz may have not fared as well. Tannehill played very well for being sacked as much as he was and receiving constant pressure. I think they both could be great Qbs, however Foles may go to a crappy team and Tannehill will have to overcome injury.

Foles was considering retirement because he couldn't get on anywhere..

He's not great, he's a good qb who is in a perfect system for qbs.

Not the first time he was in a qb-friendly system either. His miraculous season was in Chip Kelly's system which is notorious for inflating qb numbers ten-fold.

where do u see us finish next yr w thill17 as starter?
as 30yr old qb age become factory.
anything less than wildcard is fail because tyrod taylor made wildcard w bills last yr. without no help from front office or head coach. they want him to fail.
Andy Dalton was the Bills favorite qb this season.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...d-amount-of-money-to-andy-daltons-foundation/

This is not some insane fan thing either. Bills players were shouting their love for Dalton in the locker room.

"Andy Dalton, you heard it here first, I love you man," safety Micah Hyde said. "I love you."

Defensive end Jerry Hughes, who played with Dalton at TCU, told the team's website he sent Dalton an edible arrangement (!) and some Budweiser. Just in time for Valentine's.

"Oh, he's getting Edible Arrangements. If he wants some Budweiser, he's getting that," Hughes said. "Whatever he wants, I'm going to be his Secret Santa for the rest of this week."

At this point Dalton should just move to Buffalo, because he would never have to buy his own drinks for the rest of his life.

Before he got injured, he was on an incredible run of consistency...
An incredible run of consistency?

Does anyone rememeber any of the horrid games he had in 2016?

At Seattle five sacks and 16-29 (drop by stills)
At Cin 15-25 and 5 sacks
At Ten 12-18-0-2 and 6 sacks
At Bal 29-40-1-3 and 5.6 YPA

Common denominators: Plays worse on road. Plays poorly in the division. Too inconsistent. Loses too much.

Can you stop with grading QBs on wins/losses. Its so irrelevant. None of these players are doing it alone. This is a team sport. Yes, it would be a fail for the phins to miss the playoffs again, but you think coaches are like, 'well we didnt make the post season. Should we try to find deficiencies in the roster? Nah, it must be the QBs fault.'
u know why I said that because w hence, mat, Cutler or rookie they dolphins will still win 6 to8 game yr. If thill17 was that special. We should at leased be wild card. He does not make team better. We need better QB thill17 is not good enough start putting better QB as started and ask your self questions

How would Miami look with Drew Brees. Same ****ty cast. You tell me.

The great ones demand those around them be great. They bring the entire team upward.

Good point. Great point, actually! The saints have had four 7 win seasons since 2012. Based on your logic, they should be contenders every single year. He's the definition of elite these days, so what happened? Is he not elite or were there other problems on the roster that one single player cant overcome?

Pitchers in baseball get wins and losses. QBs in pro football have as much to do with winning and losing. It may not be fair but over time you can draw parallels. We have had 77 starts from RT to draw a parallel.

Ryan would have fallen flat on his face if he was in place for Foles vs the Patriots. We’ve seen Tannehill in must win games, and prime time games and it’s not good.

Team as a whole hasn't been good in those moments. It's like dominos—one piece fails and the rest start to. That's why the phrase "do your job" is literally the most important thing for players to do. Take care of your own ****, and the rest will take care of itself. Sadly, the Dolphins haven't had all 11 players in sync at all, really.

And another note: Philbin absolutely did **** with Tannehill. Tanny had the tools to be a great QB. Still has the tools, but that door might sadly be shut, especially with a roster that really isn't that good.

Tannehill had an advantage, seemingly: coming into the NFL with a familiar playbook and coordinator. Too bad Sherman's stuff was college-level ****. GO GO, amiright?

I can't say I blame Tannehill, but at the same time, he didn't turn out to be the QB we all thought and hoped. And whether or not it was his own doing is irrelevant.

If the right QB fell, I'd be OK with drafting him. If not, I'd be OK rolling with Tannehill this year. But the expectations are absolutely not high with this group.

An incredible run of consistency?

Does anyone rememeber any of the horrid games he had in 2016?

At Seattle five sacks and 16-29 (drop by stills)
At Cin 15-25 and 5 sacks
At Ten 12-18-0-2 and 6 sacks
At Bal 29-40-1-3 and 5.6 YPA

Common denominators: Plays worse on road. Plays poorly in the division. Too inconsistent. Loses too much.

CoughOLSucksCough

Pitchers in baseball get wins and losses. QBs in pro football have as much to do with winning and losing. It may not be fair but over time you can draw parallels. We have had 77 starts from RT to draw a parallel.

That's not really comparable. Pitchers also have constant 1-on-1 battles in their games. They also have the most important stat, ERA, to really tell how effective their pitching is. W/L is more important for pitchers in baseball than it is in football.

A QB can't do their job without blocking, receiver separation, etc. A pitcher can get strikeouts and limit runs by himself.

It not like I am asking thill17 to win Superbowl or win playoff game. All I am asking is if he can lead us to playoff. 7yr qb in NFL. With roster w got it wildcard one at best.

Back
Top Bottom