Anyone here think Foles is better than Tannehill? | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone here think Foles is better than Tannehill?

Good point. Great point, actually! The saints have had four 7 win seasons since 2012. Based on your logic, they should be contenders every single year. He's the definition of elite these days, so what happened? Is he not elite or were there other problems on the roster that one single player cant overcome?

Brees is 142-106 as a starter in the NFL. My logic does not say a team would be in contention every year. But the team WILL IN FACT BE IN CONTENTION IN SOME/MULTIPLE YEARS BECAUSE OF THE INHERENT WINS THAT THE QB IS GETTING.

Over time the wins come through. This is a QB league and the QB is more than any other position able to influence wins and losses.

Tannehill is 37-40. If you think this is changing and we will see someone different going forward I can't help you.

But hey Brees had some middling Tannehill seasons as far as wins and losses go. He also had some monster ones. He's 142-106 man. Wake the F up.

Pitchers in baseball get wins and losses. QBs in pro football have as much to do with winning and losing. It may not be fair but over time you can draw parallels. We have had 77 starts from RT to draw a parallel.

I recognize thats how the media measures success, its useless in determining who needs to go. If that were the case, the whole roster could be flipped. No, you find out who's not doing their job and you get rid of em. You dont just give up on the QB unless you just never want to be relevant.

Brees is 142-106 as a starter in the NFL. My logic does not say a team would be in contention every year. But the team WILL IN FACT BE IN CONTENTION IN SOME/MULTIPLE YEARS BECAUSE OF THE INHERENT WINS THAT THE QB IS GETTING.

Over time the wins come through. This is a QB league and the QB is more than any other position able to influence wins and losses.

Tannehill is 37-40. If you think this is changing and we will see someone different going forward I can't help you.

But hey Brees had some middling Tannehill seasons as far as wins and losses go. He also had some monster ones. He's 142-106 man. Wake the F up.

Irrelevant. The entire team needs to be consistant. I do agree qb is most important, but to solely place the blame or give credit to them.

If we're going to improve our record, it's going to be bc of improved OL and LB play. Those are our current holes that are keeping us down.

if brees was in afc his record would of been better w dolphins. We are lacking a big time qb to cover up some of hole we have on this team. You cannot hide qb when he is avg. .the difference between NE, Pit winning and miami and jag losing

An incredible run of consistency?

Does anyone rememeber any of the horrid games he had in 2016?

At Seattle five sacks and 16-29 (drop by stills)
At Cin 15-25 and 5 sacks
At Ten 12-18-0-2 and 6 sacks
At Bal 29-40-1-3 and 5.6 YPA

Common denominators: Plays worse on road. Plays poorly in the division. Too inconsistent. Loses too much.

I was taking about the win streak. The only bad game he had was at Baltimore. The games you listed were early on before the win streak when the team was still getting acclimated to Gase’s offense

It not like I am asking thill17 to win Superbowl or win playoff game. All I am asking is if he can lead us to playoff. 7yr qb in NFL. With roster w got it wildcard one at best.

My god, at least the others have some arguments to disect. This 'its been 7 years' **** means nothing.

if brees was in afc his record would of been better w dolphins. We are lacking a big time qb to cover up some of hole we have on this team. You cannot hide qb when he is avg. .the difference between NE, Pit winning and miami and jag losing

Oh ok, i see now. You dont want a 'good' QB, you want to find an elite QB. Well good luck with that.

Oh ok, i see now. You dont want a 'good' QB, you want to find an elite QB. Well good luck with that.
where never going won w avg QB. Miami need a QB close to elite to w Superbowl. A above avg should keep u in playoff every yr. Avg to below avg QB will have u at 6to8 win yr

Maybe in five more years when Tennehill is 36 we will see if he reached his ceiling.

You think RT would excel in a big game due to his talent and football IQ? We can dream....

Here's the fast forward crystal ball:

Fins pick a QB in first round of 2018 draft

RT starts season and it's yet another slow start offensively

Through another RT injury or failure the Fins move to the draft pick by week 12

The draft pick takes the reigns and shows what a ceiling looks like

RT is released in the 2018 offseason

Talk about dreams lol, he is going to come back this season with a vengeance and turn 2018 into a nightmare for people like you.

where never going won w avg QB. Miami need a QB close to elite to w Superbowl. A above avg should keep u in playoff every yr. Avg to below avg QB will have u at 6to8 win yr

Wrong, There are way to many variables to come to such a simplistic conclusion. Why even have 11 ppl on the field?

Look, I'm done with this. I told myself to stop getting sucked in to these stupid ass arguments. It's not like any of us have even remotely swayed the other side. Until the Dolphins are consistently good, we're all going to point to what we think is wrong with the team. I'll just leave it at that.

We can win with Tannehill, and Gase was proving that until the injury. This team needs a lot more talent on defense, TE, and the offensive line. Give Tannehill a Zach Ertz, a top offensive line and defense like Philly had this year, and then talk to me about how he compares to Foles. Foles played great in the playoffs, but he also got lucky to catch the Pats and Vikings on off days, and was even luckier that a pass deflected off a knee against ATL which completely changes that game if the easy play is made. We have never seen Tannehill even in a playoff game so it is impossible to say how he would perform, but his ceiling is a lot higher than Foles from a talent perspective, and last time I checked coaches in any sport at any level dig talent. Tannehill is a very talented QB, but it is yet to be determined how he will play in big games because he has never had the supporting cast that Nick Foles has had to get to big games, particularly this season. Personally I think he would excel in a big game (playoffs) due to his talent and football IQ, but it's anyone's guess for now...

So if next year we play 2 playoff teams and drop 38, 41and win it will just be chalked up to luck?

I think thill17 is just like qb coming out college. I am stilling waiting on him to deliver. I never knew it take qb this long. I felt that Gase was good coach first year but yr 2 he was not that good at all. I hope he learn something but if he come back like yr 2 coach. he will be fired in 2020. why do dolphins hire coach from bears???

Tannehill's injury destroyed the season before it even began, and he would have delivered last year like he was up until the moment a 300 pound elite athlete decided to dive into his knee.

Back
Top Bottom