Anyone here think Foles is better than Tannehill? | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone here think Foles is better than Tannehill?

Dan Marino as a Dolphins starter: 147-93 W-L in regular season. This is the extreme example but think about how many crappy teams Dan had and still went 147-93. He wins because he's good. And QB play can help overcome a whole lotta issues. Man some of the Dan teams were just bad. No running game. Terrible units on defense.

RT is no Dan. We know this. How many of RTs 77 games would Dan have won? Would Dan be looking at 37-40? Hell no.

Foles who is also no Dan, over those same 77 games wins more than 37. Probably around his career average pct and that's about a record of 42-35. Dan goes 50-27.

QB is the position. The RT Experiment is nearing the end.

Yes. RB. We got significant production from the RB or do you forget.

First 5 games of the season we had we avg'd 72.4 ypg on the ground and 4 td's than Ajayi rips off 2 200 yards games and a 100 yard performance in games 6 & 7 & 8. Than games 9-14 we avg'd 88.8 ypg on the ground and 2 td's. Ajayi rips another 200 yards game 15 and game 16 we get 75 yards. That's a good rushing offense 25% of the season.

We had 7 games in 2016 where the defense gave up between 21-25 points we went 6-1 in that span. I'm not a Tannehill supporter but in 2016 Tannehill had a breakout year. Whether it was due to a weak schedule which very well could be the case remains to be seen. But he did improve in a lot of areas that he used to lack in prior to 2016.

To be in the conversation of elite QBs you have to prove it in the post season. Tannehill has never won in Play Offs. When he does we can rate him against top QBs, until then, Tannehill still has to go out on the field and prove it. I hope 2018.

There's plenty wrong with this team. It's across the board. And QB is one of them.

A big time QB would mask a lot of these problems and make a few go away. And we would win more.

Tannehill is not this guy. He needs every unit to be great and then, maybe then, he can win.

Ok fine, you want an elite qb, that's fair. And I agree RT isn't that. But he is good enough to build around and do exactly what Foles did. I feel like no QB can come into Miami and be consistent with this OL. I can also agree he has his worst games against the better teams. But I think you dismiss the inadequacies of the roster and even coaching personnel and think a higher caliber QB is going to fix everything.

give me one season- ONE! where the Dolphins have a good offensive line, a decent defense, and a competent head coach.

then you wont even have to ask about (name 90% of the NFL qbs) vs Tannehill.

To be in the conversation of elite QBs you have to prove it in the post season. Tannehill has never won in Play Offs. When he does we can rate him against top QBs, until then, Tannehill still has to go out on the field and prove it. I hope 2018.

And to be clear, none of us are putting him in that conversation.

I only abandoned Foles v RT because there is no convincing you guys that cling to the RT pipe dream. Is Foles my long term answer? Would I even try to trade for him? No to both. I'm saying if I could have either for the next four years I'd take Foles. His numbers while up and down like RT just show me he is better and the eye test confirms it.

RT to me has always been an althlete playing QB but not a naturally trained or coached QB. His pocket presence is bad. Never had had a feel for the rush or a good progression through the routes. I have seen enough to know that his ceiling is limited.

Now to the Brees 2014-2016 seasons. His QBR was 97, 101 and 101.7 consecutively in those years. Numbers RT has never reached for a season and likely never for any real stretch of games. The Saints were average and went 7-9 pretty much those three years. Which tells me his QB play as good as it was could not overcome the rest of the teams weaknesses.

I'm sure you're ready to pounce on his W-L record but keep in mind W-L for a QB is an indicator. Over time. Brees has won a whole lot more than he's lost. And a whole lot of that has to do with himself.

Oh, so what I’ve gathered from that is that you don’t need an elite QB to win a Super Bowl (Foles), but the Dolphins need an elite QB to win a Super Bowl.

My argument was more stating the fact that it takes more than an elite QB to win in this league. A team can get to the NFC champ game with Keenum and win a SB with Foles.

The “eye test” showed Tannehill was playing well against teams with crappy records in 2016 because, well, crappy QBs can play well against NFL defenses. But when Foles looked horrible against the raiders and cowboys to end the season, that didn’t mean anything. Well, because, the raiders D was so dominant this year. Got it.

During the 8 game stretch where he was playing well before the injury, he had over a 100 QB rating, but that won’t fit your narrative.

And you blame Fishers bad coaching on Foles crappy seasons. Yet nowhere do you mention Philbin’s poor coaching being a factor in Tannehills development. Can you explain that to me?

Oh, so what I’ve gathered from that is that you don’t need an elite QB to win a Super Bowl (Foles), but the Dolphins need an elite QB to win a Super Bowl.

My argument was more stating the fact that it takes more than an elite QB to win in this league. A team can get to the NFC champ game with Keenum and win a SB with Foles.

The “eye test” showed Tannehill was playing well against teams with crappy records in 2016 because, well, crappy QBs can play well against NFL defenses. But when Foles looked horrible against the raiders and cowboys to end the season, that didn’t mean anything. Well, because, the raiders D was so dominant this year. Got it.

During the 8 game stretch where he was playing well before the injury, he had over a 100 QB rating, but that won’t fit your narrative.

And you blame Fishers bad coaching on Foles crappy seasons. Yet nowhere do you mention Philbin’s poor coaching being a factor in Tannehills development. Can you explain that to me?
What is your major malfunction? Do you want to argue just for arguments sake? Are you that entrenched in the RT camp?

Foles even with Fischer's coaching and jumping to different teams flat out has won more games. His W-L record is actually a winning record. His numbers overall are better. And those are regular season numbers. It isn't even counting this latest run in the postseason by going 3-0.

No way in hell RT wins games like what Foles just did if he was the one traded to Philly instead of Ajayi and played same games as Foles. Never. Ever.

You can hitch your wagon to an 8 game stretch in 2016 all you want. When RT goes and wins big road games when they matter and late in a season please let me know. When he gets the team to the playoffs and wins something of note let us all know. The eye test confirms it to me. He's marginal. At best. Middling. 37-40. Five years in and he's plus 30 and off an ACL.

Im sick and tired of the excuses for RT. He has taken a crapload of sacks and quite a few are on him. Go and blame the offensive line. Go and blame any unit you want. Blame everything else but RT.

Why you don't want a game changer back there is beyond me. But no. You're content with game manager RT if only the Fins could build around him so they can win with him.

Oh and by the way Keenum put up a season this year RT could only dream of (as in he has never done over the course of a season).

68pct completion
14 starts
11-3 record
22 TD
7 INT
4.4 pct sack rate
98.3 QBR

So don't be so quick to throw a Keenum out there in passing and say a team with Keenum can make the NFC championship game. When this no name just put up a season like that. But let me guess. It's all because he had a better team around him. Nothing at all to do with the actual player.

I guess QB doesn't even matter. Let's just build a juggernaut at all positions and we can throw effing anyone back there.

where never going won w avg QB. Miami need a QB close to elite to w Superbowl. A above avg should keep u in playoff every yr. Avg to below avg QB will have u at 6to8 win yr

Then explain why we haven't won the most Super Bowls in the history of the NFL: We had Shula and Marino AT THE SAME TIME for 11 years.

What is your major malfunction? Do you want to argue just for arguments sake? Are you that entrenched in the RT camp?

Foles even with Fischer's coaching and jumping to different teams flat out has won more games. His W-L record is actually a winning record. His numbers overall are better. And those are regular season numbers. It isn't even counting this latest run in the postseason by going 3-0.

No way in hell RT wins games like what Foles just did if he was the one traded to Philly instead of Ajayi and played same games as Foles. Never. Ever.

You can hitch your wagon to an 8 game stretch in 2016 all you want. When RT goes and wins big road games when they matter and late in a season please let me know. When he gets the team to the playoffs and wins something of note let us all know. The eye test confirms it to me. He's marginal. At best. Middling. 37-40. Five years in and he's plus 30 and off an ACL.

Im sick and tired of the excuses for RT. He has taken a crapload of sacks and quite a few are on him. Go and blame the offensive line. Go and blame any unit you want. Blame everything else but RT.

Why you don't want a game changer back there is beyond me. But no. You're content with game manager RT if only the Fins could build around him so they can win with him.

Oh and by the way Keenum put up a season this year RT could only dream of (as in he has never done over the course of a season).

68pct completion
14 starts
11-3 record
22 TD
7 INT
4.4 pct sack rate
98.3 QBR

So don't be so quick to throw a Keenum out there in passing and say a team with Keenum can make the NFC championship game. When this no name just put up a season like that. But let me guess. It's all because he had a better team around him. Nothing at all to do with the actual player.

I guess QB doesn't even matter. Let's just build a juggernaut at all positions and we can throw effing anyone back there.

Arguing with this type of person is useless. If you disagree, you're blind and making excuses. No one's saying half the **** you spewed here, but you wanna throw a fit like your older brother took your toy. Not sure why you even joined a forum if you can't handle disagreements.

Have to go with Foles strictly based on his results. His first season in Philly he was looking like God's gift to football, came down to earth since then but this season he looked good, and did it when it counted.

Sure we can say If Tannehill had that line etc etc but he just hasn't done anything yet to put him in same category vs Foles body of work.

Al that said, the fan in me would much rather see us going into 2018 with Tannehill under center than Foles.

Arguing with this type of person is useless. If you disagree, you're blind and making excuses. No one's saying half the **** you spewed here, but you wanna throw a fit like your older brother took your toy. Not sure why you even joined a forum if you can't handle disagreements.
I can handle just fine. But come at this with some stats and facts to back up why RT is better. Like sack rate. And big road wins when they matter late in a season. Anything.

The argument that "if we can just build around him so he can win" is wearing thin.

Back
Top Bottom