Anyone here think Foles is better than Tannehill? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone here think Foles is better than Tannehill?

The Eagles proved that it is a team game. People put too much credit/blame on the QB. Philly won the Super Bowl because Philly is a complete team. The recipe for getting to and winning the super bowl is having great lines on both sides of the ball, complementary skill players who each fulfill a specific role and fill it well, and good QB play. The 2017 Miami Dolphins didn't suck because Jay Cutler was the QB. The 2017 Miami Dolphins sucked because most of the team (and ESPECIALLY the OL) sucks, and Cutler isn't good enough to elevate their play. A great QB cannot drag an otherwise pathetic team to the Super Bowl, but a great team can drag a middling QB to the Super Bowl.

If you started the last half of the season and went on to be the Super Bowl MVP, would you go back to riding the bench?
Has no choice, Wentz is the leader of that team. I’d assume they’ll dangle Foles, but he knew he wasn’t the face of that franchise.

Normally I’d say Tannehill is a much more proven WR on top of being a QB but Foles showed off his catching skills last night too.

Has no choice, Wentz is the leader of that team. I’d assume they’ll dangle Foles, but he knew he wasn’t the face of that franchise.
I'm pretty sure Foles won't be a backup next year. If he is, please remind me of this post and I'll be delighted to eat it.

The only way he's a starter next year is if he's traded.
Not disputing that at all. Don't know how Foles feels but if I'm the SB MVP and my team told me they're going to start someone else, I'm insisting on being traded.

Just really wanted to get opinions about whether folks think Philly's #2 QB is better than our #1.

Foles was outstanding in every way. The guy made great throws all night. I love the way Pederson kept attacking until his D could get a turnover.
To me that's the key. Pederson and his attacking style. Gase would tell Foles, it's MY offense, I hope you're smart enough because it's the best offense ever created. We always bear how when Gases offense takes off, it will steamroll through the league. Yeah well when? When all players are chosen by him?
Sick of the talk Gase, produce. You picked Cutler. How many penalties for either team last night? Oh yeah, coaches can't fix that due to cba rules..or something like that.

I guess Jeff Hostetler should have been a franchise QB too. This thread is ridiculous.
I’m in the camp that believes the Phins should draft a QB at 11 if the right guy is there. However, I do not believe Foles is better than RT.
He didn’t start the entire season, do defensive coordinators didn’t have much recent game film to study.
Additionally, I’ve felt the Pats defense was over rated all year. They get by with creative schemes, not by great talent. Dline has some good run stuffers, no elite pass rushers, the LBs are JAGS IMO. The secondary is solid, Not great. Butler had an off year. Gilmore is solid, but not a dominant shutdown corner. Chung is average.
Eagles has a MUCH better roster than the Pats. I never bought in to the argument at the beginning of the season that the Pats were loaded. Brady and Gronk as well as their coaching schemes mask much of their roster weaknesses.
I actually felt the Eagles were going to win easily and expose those holes in the roster.

Foles is an inch taller than Peyton Manning. He’s a big dude and can scan the field.

From the thread back in August:
“I'll go on record as a Nick Foles fan. 6’6” 243 lbs, 28 years old. Same draft as Tannehill, Luck, Griffin, Weeden, Osweiler, Russel Wilson. Career passer rating: 88.1. 2013 Pro bowl and perfect passer rating in a game where he threw seven touchdowns. He struggled with turnovers in St. Louis, especially the game against Green Bay where he had four in one game. Basically why he’s now a backup. I think he still has a lot in the tank and Gase could make him a star. Can definitely make all the throws. I think he’s the best back up out there right now, just needs the right situation.”

And now add Super Bowl MVP to this one hit wonder, as he was called. No way he’s going to be a back up next season. Philly paid him a lot of money, and they got their money’s worth. Wentz comes back, of course, and Foles goes somewhere else. I’d trade pick 11 in the second round for him, and keep Landry. If Foles joined the Dolphins, I think Brady would retire.

If a healthy Tannehill is on the Eagles this season and Nick Foles is the starting QB for Miami how do their fortunes change? Miami might be better because Foles is better than Cutler, but Philly certainly doesn't get worse.

Foles is an inch taller than Peyton Manning. He’s a big dude and can scan the field.

From the thread back in August:
“I'll go on record as a Nick Foles fan. 6’6” 243 lbs, 28 years old. Same draft as Tannehill, Luck, Griffin, Weeden, Osweiler, Russel Wilson. Career passer rating: 88.1. 2013 Pro bowl and perfect passer rating in a game where he threw seven touchdowns. He struggled with turnovers in St. Louis, especially the game against Green Bay where he had four in one game. Basically why he’s now a backup. I think he still has a lot in the tank and Gase could make him a star. Can definitely make all the throws. I think he’s the best back up out there right now, just needs the right situation.”

And now add Super Bowl MVP to this one hit wonder, as he was called. No way he’s going to be a back up next season. Philly paid him a lot of money, and they got their money’s worth. Wentz comes back, of course, and Foles goes somewhere else. I’d trade pick 11 in the second round for him, and keep Landry. If Foles joined the Dolphins, I think Brady would retire.
You want to trade a 2nd round pick for Nick Foles? You cant be serious?

Id love to have him in the Foles...I mean...Fold.

If the Eagles can have Wentz and Foles why cant Miami have Tannehill/Foles?
But I digress...Better hope NE does not buy him in the offseason

Back
Top Bottom