Anyone here think Foles is better than Tannehill? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone here think Foles is better than Tannehill?

I've seen nothing from Ryan Tannehill to suggest he can lead an offense to 41 points on the grandest stage.

They are similar from a talent standpoint, but I can't sit here and say emphatically that Tannehill could replicate that success if given the equal supporting cast. At all.
Word

You'd be lucky to get five GMs other than Tannenbaum to pick Tannehill right now.

Foles put up better numbers than Tannehill even before Wentz was drafted.

Foles wins. How long can we blame the cast around Tannehill?

The stats are thrown up as a reminder of what's important. The eye test is also clear. Tannehill with his lack of pocket presence (an innate ability that you have or don't) and inconsistency are mind boggling.

Tannehill is not a difference maker. We all hoped he would be. He's not.

This franchise has banked on failed QBs too long. Five QBs drafted since Brady was drafted. We should be drafting one every other year at worst.

What makes you think Tannehill will start winning? He's a career loser. Please enlighten the board on your hopes and dreams of Ryan Tannehill the franchise QB.

I envision what Ryan brought to the table in 2016 as enough to win. That's it, nothing more. Once he got rolling he was very good as he and the offense were the reason we were winning games. Our defense in 2016 was a joke, the players were far worse than what we were fielding in 2017. We were loaded with backups and special teamers who looked like just that in the playoff game vs Pittsburgh. Last year the biggest problem with our offense was the inability to make routine plays due to back QB play. Ryan fixes that. It wasn't even the line as much as people are making it. Miami QB's were sacked 33 times in 2017 (number 11 in the NFL and better than NE) and 30 times in 2016 (top 10) it was the QB play. We need a defense that can cover RB' s and TE's more than we need a new QB. Beef up the defense, make sure we fix RG and we can win with Tannehill.

Ludicrous.
Just hang onto the RT sinking ship as long as you can. He's plus 30, hasn't been to a playoff game, is coming off ACL, and is 37-40 as a starter. Damn if he just had a team around him.

This is a QB league we all know this. Someday we will collectively wonder why we hung on so long to the hope he would be the answer.

Am I advocating going and getting Foles? No. But if I could have one for the next four years I take Foles.

The answer lies in the draft. Go get one in the first round. And when RT blows up we can start the transition.

Don't forget Foles in regular season this year after Wentz went down. We can almost excuse his numbers in the Jeff fischer led Rams stint. We all see what happened when Fischer left.

So you would take Tannehill over Foles. I wouldn't. I've seen enough of Ryan Tannehill to know who he is.

Wait, did you even watch Foles during the regular season and in the Falcons game? He had ONE good game against the 2-14 Giants team with multiple injuries on Defense and nothing to play for at that point.

Or was it the 19/38 1 Td and 1 Int performance and 59.4 QB rating against the Raiders?

Or the 4/11 0 Td and 1 Int performance for a 9.3 QB rating against the Cowboys?

Or was the it the Falcons game where 90% of his throws were either dump offs to the RBs who took it for long gains or the throws that were terribly placed and the receiver had to make a tough catch, which limited YAC?

He definitely didn't pass the eye test in the Falcons game if you go back and re-watch the game.

I will give him props for the Vikings and Pats game. Dude balled out, but that's only two games and a GREAT supporting cast and unbelievable playcalling.

Just hang onto the RT sinking ship as long as you can. He's plus 30, hasn't been to a playoff game, is coming off ACL, and is 37-40 as a starter. Damn if he just had a team around him.

This is a QB league we all know this. Someday we will collectively wonder why we hung on so long to the hope he would be the answer.

Am I advocating going and getting Foles? No. But if I could have one for the next four years I take Foles.

The answer lies in the draft. Go get one in the first round. And when RT blows up we can start the transition.

I was responding to your statement that not more than 5 GM's would take Tannehill. That's ludicrous.

Ludicrous.

Easy to criticize a player who hasn't taken a snap in almost 2 years lol. Not like he can prove anyone wrong like he was before the injury but that's easy to dismiss. All that people care about is winning, therefore Foles > Tannehill duh.

Wait, did you even watch Foles during the regular season and in the Falcons game? He had ONE good game against the 2-14 Giants team with multiple injuries on Defense and nothing to play for at that point.

Or was it the 19/38 1 Td and 1 Int performance and 59.4 QB rating against the Raiders?

Or the 4/11 0 Td and 1 Int performance for a 9.3 QB rating against the Cowboys?

Or was the it the Falcons game where 90% of his throws were either dump offs to the RBs who took it for long gains or the throws that were terribly placed and the receiver had to make a tough catch, which limited YAC?

He definitely didn't pass the eye test in the Falcons game if you go back and re-watch the game.

I will give him props for the Vikings and Pats game. Dude balled out, but that's only two games and a GREAT supporting cast and unbelievable playcalling.
Jesus man do you honestly know how many of these types of games we've seen from RT?

Foles is not top tier. But he's better than Tannehill. It's funny how Foles wins because of his cast, and Tannehill loses because of his.

Maybe Tannehill is just not a difference maker. Is Foles week in as week out like a Rodgers or Brees or Brady? No.

This is it for RT. Get it done this year or move along. The experiment is over. Thank god we signed him to a deal where cutting him will be minimal impact.

I've seen nothing from Ryan Tannehill to suggest he can lead an offense to 41 points on the grandest stage.

They are similar from a talent standpoint, but I can't sit here and say emphatically that Tannehill could replicate that success if given the equal supporting cast. At all.

You would have said the same about Foles two months ago. See how things can change based on situations and opportunity?

Go ahead and tell me you knew Foles was going to light it up in the playoffs and you saw enough of his previous play to predict this outcome! Oh you cant? Makes me wonder why you think the same couldn't happen for Tannehill.

Jesus man do you honestly know how many of these types of games we've seen from RT?

Foles is not top tier. But he's better than Tannehill. It's funny how Foles wins because of his cast, and Tannehill loses because of his.

Maybe Tannehill is just not a difference maker. Is Foles week in as week out like a Rodgers or Brees or Brady? No.

This is it for RT. Get it done this year or move along. The experiment is over. Thank god we signed him to a deal where cutting him will be minimal impact.

Well, people generally perform better with a better cast.

So yeah...it makes sense that Foles wins because of his cast and Tannehill loses because of his.

If you're starting a new team and just need a QB to finalize things, you wouldn't rather have the Eagles roster as opposed to our roster?

Just like when the Saints went 7-9 the past three seasons and the Texans made the playoffs in '15 and '16, would you rather have Brees or Hoyer/Osweiler?

Silly. Its like you look at the box score and think, 'we must need a new QB'.

You would have said the same about Foles two months ago. See how things can change based on situations and opportunity?

Go ahead and tell me you knew Foles was going to light it up in the playoffs and you saw enough of his previous play to predict this outcome! Oh you cant? Makes me wonder why you think the same couldn't happen for Tannehill.
Oh they will all tell you they always wanted Foles.

Easy to criticize a player who hasn't taken a snap in almost 2 years lol. Not like he can prove anyone wrong like he was before the injury but that's easy to dismiss. All that people care about is winning, therefore Foles > Tannehill duh.
it will be 44yr since dolphins win superbowl. with thill17 as starter or without we still in same boat. thing must change around here.

Oh they will all tell you they always wanted Foles.

Also, that "Fisher ruined Foles" when RT had to deal with Philbin. Completely ignoring the fact that RT had the fins well on their way to the playoffs the first year under Gase and a low blow by Campbell cut his season short.

So Foles sucking was due to coaching, but RT, with Philbin, just isn't that good.

Strange.

Back
Top Bottom