Anyone Know Where Jerome Baker Is? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone Know Where Jerome Baker Is?

I think Baker is pretty poor vs the run and Denver ran like 30 times. Probably had something to do with that

Baker is poor vs run straight ahead. But not as bad side to side. That was a bad coaching decision yesterday. They had all their success on counters and runs to the outside. Roberts is terrible side to side. He is only good straight forward as a run defender.

You're right but McCain is not a safety and that will ALWAYS be a problem

If you can chose one area to improve on this team which would it be:

1) McCain and the Secondary?
2) Baker, Roberts, and the LB
3) DL and trench play?

If you're being honest then McCain and the secondary is the least of your worries on defense.
If that's the case then why world is focusing on McCain your obession after we were gash with the running game?

When you have the DL occupying blockers and your still getting gashed, you know the LB's are not producing. They have been weak against the run all year, we've just been ahead to the point the other team has had to throw to catch up allowing the LB's to attack the pocket. Wlikins would have probably helped since he typically penetrates and disrupts the flow.

3) DL and trench play?

If you're being honest then McCain and the secondary is the least of your worries on defense.
I would take one truly great interior defensive lineman. This scheme is just like the Patriots in that it enables individual pieces to look far superior to their true level. That's why so many New England defenders didn't look like much in their prior stop, nor their subsequent stop. It's also the reason I have to grit my teeth and mostly chuckle when posters here try to make Raekwon Davis out to be a world beater. Totally oblivious to situational influence.

If we had a truly elite interior disruptor then no chance that Denver game evolves the way it did. Heck, they wouldn't even attempt that game plan. Can you imagine intentionally using one slow developing parallel running play just behind the line of scrimmage, when you've got an Aaron Donald type, or even someone a cut below that, on the opposing defense? No chance. Those plays would be blown up and fans would be screaming at the absurdity.

Otherwise I agree that secondary is the least of the problems. Linebacker they need a 3-4 interior type with some bulk, mobility and instincts. For whatever reason we're struggling to identify that type right now, just like so long inability to locate offensive linemen. If I had to guess, Flores based on New England had the impression that Roberts was superior to his actual level.

3) DL and trench play?

If that's the case then why world is focusing on McCain your obession after we were gash with the running game?

Dude I'm not focusing on him AT ALL. All I said was he played soft and you went on a rant. 🤡🤡🤡

I would take one truly great interior defensive lineman. This scheme is just like the Patriots in that it enables individual pieces to look far superior to their true level. That's why so many New England defenders didn't look like much in their prior stop, nor their subsequent stop. It's also the reason I have to grit my teeth and mostly chuckle when posters here try to make Raekwon Davis out to be a world beater. Totally oblivious to situational influence.

If we had a truly elite interior disruptor then no chance that Denver game evolves the way it did. Heck, they wouldn't even attempt that game plan. Can you imagine intentionally using one slow developing parallel running play just behind the line of scrimmage, when you've got an Aaron Donald type, or even someone a cut below that, on the opposing defense? No chance. Those plays would be blown up and fans would be screaming at the absurdity.

Otherwise I agree that secondary is the least of the problems. Linebacker they need a 3-4 interior type with some bulk, mobility and instincts. For whatever reason we're struggling to identify that type right now, just like so long inability to locate offensive linemen. If I had to guess, Flores based on New England had the impression that Roberts was superior to his actual level.

I think you're simplying front 7 play too much. Would a nice interior DL help? Ofcourse! But if he doesn't have some help next to him and in the LB unit it won't be that effective.
Most teams don't have a guy like Aaron Donald.

Lol...I'm sorry McCain is the least of this defenses problems. If the play particuliarly running play gets to McCain's level it's already too late.
Let's focus on the guys up front in the trenches first before we start looking at McCain.

Sure, Rowe could have helped...But it's hard to do that with those gashing holes that any RB can run through.
Especially considering no one was following the "puller" down the line, and edge contain was just standing there, getting blown off the spot.

Cant blame DBs for that crap.

You're right but McCain is not a safety and that will ALWAYS be a problem
That's tired rhetoric. It had merit last season.

He has played well this year, often getting blamed for things that were not his assignments.

I always felt that they should let Baker drop down to his college weight and play a hybrid SS role. Think he is better as an 8th man roaming around the box. He is a decent blitzer as well. He is definitely not a 3-4 ILB.

I always felt that they should let Baker drop down to his college weight and play a hybrid SS role. Think he is better as an 8th man roaming around the box. He is a decent blitzer as well. He is definitely not a 3-4 ILB.
Not at all. Looks like Jason Sanders and Mike Gesicki are the lone bright spots from that draft

Not at all. Looks like Jason Sanders and Mike Gesicki are the lone bright spots from that draft
well, we got a firsty from pittsburgh for the minkster, which i believe is our current LT Austin Jackson.

durham smythe is still smytheing around out there on sundays.

i'm not as down on baker as some are.

i think he is an above average linebacker that could be used more to his strengths.

Back
Top Bottom