Anyone pick up QB Robert Kent yet? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone pick up QB Robert Kent yet?

ckparrothead

Premium Member
Reaction score
He's a name I remember people tossing around prior to the draft, good running and arm. Wonder if anyone signed him as a UDFA yet, or if Miami would consider inviting him to camp to toss around the ole pigskin with us.

i thought somebody drafted him, but i could be wrong.

Titans | Kent Agrees To Terms - from www.KFFL.com
Mon, 26 Apr 2004 17:40:48 -0700

USAToday.com reports the Tennessee Titans have agreed to terms with undrafted rookie free agent QB Robert Kent (Jackson State). Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Link of the DayHot Off the Wire Complete

Phishstix said:
i thought somebody drafted him, but i could be wrong.

Nope - he went undrafted. I haven't heard of anyone signing him yet though. Is he good?

QB Kent

njfinfan said:
Nope - he went undrafted. I haven't heard of anyone signing him yet though. Is he good?

Well, I looked him up on NFL Draft Tracker and he appears to be quite good. Wouldn't be averse to inviting him to camp to give a look see.

Regarded as the finest passer to ever wear a Jackson State uniform, Kent solidified that thought by rewriting virtually every school passing and total offense record … Has started since his freshman year, providing the team with one of their few bright spots as the Tigers are slowly rebuilding their program … In 45 games, he completed 825 of 1,539 passes (53.6 percent) for 11,797 yards, 104 touchdowns and 58 interceptions, averaging 262.16 yards per game, all good for school career records … His 11,797 yards passing rank fourth in NCAA Division I-AA history, topped only by Steve McNair of Alcorn State (14,496 yards, 1991-94), Willie Totten of Mississippi Valley (12,711 yards, 1982-85) and Marcus Brady of Cal-State, Northridge (12,479 yards, 1998-2001) … Joined McNair (119), Totten (139) and Brady (109) as the only players in Division I-AA annals to throw for over 100 touchdowns in a career … Added 996 yards and 21 scores on 442 carries (2.3 avg.) … His 12,793 yards in total offense is surpassed only by McNair (16,823), Brady (13,095) and Totten (13,007) in Division I-AA history … His 125 touchdowns responsible for rank third in Division I-AA annals behind Totten (157) and McNair (152).

ANALYSIS
Positives: Has a thick chest, broad shoulders, good arm muscle definition, thick thighs, knotted calves and long arms … Above-average runner who is strong in the pocket and very difficult to bring down … Has the body control to pass while rolling out of the pocket and shows fine quickness driving away from the center … Has a fluid wrist delivery and throws the short passes with touch … Lays the ball up nicely on deep tosses so that the receivers do not have to alter their routes … Drills the ball in a seam and scans the field quickly to spot his alternate receivers … Can freeze pass rushers with his moves, showing impressive elusiveness … Effective at hitting receivers on crossing routes … Has a snappy over-the-top release … Good ball handler and faker with the ability to make the initial tacklers miss … Holds the ball chest-high and can easily step up and avoid the rush … Has great timing and anticipation in the short-range passing game.

He's a Titan. But keep an eye on him. Seeing McNair in action really COULD help him out because McNair was the guy he closely resembled coming out. Soooo, if the Titans eventually let him go for whatever reason, like I said keep an eye out.

Also keep an eye on the Pittsburgh situation. A guy I liked an aweful lot coming out of college may be released soon...Brian St. Pierre. He could be released because now they have Maddox, Roethlisberger, Batch, and St. Pierre. But, actually the Steelers might choose instead to release Batch so they can keep St. Pierre.

Back
Top Bottom