Anyone see the Pre Draft show on FOX? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone see the Pre Draft show on FOX?

Agent51

Practice Squad
Reaction score
They were talking and the guy (turned it on towards the end, so I didn't get his name, but he looked like a total douche) was talking about how Miami is looking to trade down from the #2 spot because Saban is "totally enamored" with Charlie Frye, but would be lynched (or something to this effected) instantly up and down South Street if he took him that high so Saban is looking to trade down and get an extra pick or a few and prolly look for Merriman too. Now, that's all he said on it before moving to other teams, so I HOPE he meant trade down and in those picks get a second rounder too, THEN get Frye, cuz if he meant take Frye in the 1st I think he is an idiot. I KNOW this is just the guy's opinion and "nobody really knows" etc etc, but I almost choked on my sandwhich when he hinted at us taking Frye in the 1st.

Who was the douchelooking guy? Chris Collinsworth? He isnt so bad.. Little goofy lookin though.

Anyway, I just cant see Saban taking Frye in the first.. and DEFINATELY not 2nd overall.

Frye is the worst QB projected in the first 4 rounds. I'll PUKE if we take him with any of our picks. I hope Green Bay solves that problem and takes him with their 1st rounder.

No way we take Frye in the first. Not that damn early. I wouldnt mind Merriman though as long as he came later in the draft. Like 10-15 range. Frye though would be nice but only in 2nd.

that was my reaction, no WAY should he be taken in the first, ESPECIALLY where we will end up picking (towards the top, or middle if we trade really far down). The guy wasn't collinsworth, this guy looked like a stereotypical 80's sports agent, straight outta hollywood. He had like blonde hair that was darker underneath and slicked back and a goatee, kinda looked like that gay guy who sang "faith" (George Michael, not Fred Durst)

FinFan57 said:
Watch your language boy.

I know you weren't talking to me, but i find it amusing that someone visits a FOOTBALL forum and tells someone to watch their language.

:roflmao:

I should add that it wasn't the FOX NFL Sunday crew doing it, I don't even think it was a FOX sponsored show, it was just a "draft preview" show ON FOX. really cheesey set too, lots of neon signs and crap in the backround, looked kinda like the Saved By The Bell resturant, like I said, straight outta the 80s

clear.gif
clear.gif

Seperated at birth! :lol:

The show was called Countdown to Draft Day. It is a syndicated show, not a FOX program. I saw it and I certainly don't watch FOX.

I mentioned this program in a post here yesterday. They had Ron Meyer and Dave-Te Thomas analyze the draft, one hour on offensive prospects and one hour on defensive prospects. At the end of the second hour they did a trade rumor segment and Dave-Te Thomas said what Agent51 reported, that Nick Saban is enamored with Charlie Frye and intends to trade down to get him. He didn't cite specific sources or who Saban intends to trade with.

A few other things stood out from the show. Dave-Te Thomas loves Shawne Merriman, saying he was the best player in the draft and the next Lawrence Taylor. The highlight clips they selected certainly tended in that lofty direction.

Thomas listed Cedric Benson's brushes with the law and general idiotic behavior. They were more extensive than I realized.

Ron Meyer's finest moment centered on a draft long ago. He was talking about his distaste for player personnel directors and gave an example when he was coaching New England and wanted to take nose tackle Michael Carter, who he coached at SMU, in the 4th round of the '84 draft. But Dick Steinberg had a tiny scatback named Johnson rated a smidge higher so the Pats took him. He didn't even make the team while Carter starred in Pro Bowls and Super Bowls for the 49ers. You could practically see the steam coming from Meyer's ears as he recounted it.

Well if he is so enamored with Frye, why would they mention Smith? Just to trade down? I do not think so.....lately there is alot of stuff flying around that has no merit whatsoever and Agent 51 is so eager to spread it. Could we trade down and get Frye, it is certainly a possibility but anyone who claims they know what Saban is thinking as far as trading down is BS because he has to be offered something. So far, there is nothing real in the works, only talk. All this will be forgotten tommorrow.

Back
Top Bottom