anyone see this unfolding?? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

anyone see this unfolding??

Gen3D said:
Just because someone doesn't have a huge post total, doesn't mean they are not knowledge, and to make that kind of statement is foolish. A post total is nothing more then a worthless stat. Also the term noobs or newbie is old and over used back in the 80's! I consider it an insult to yourself to use it, so for your sake, please don't.

Lastly, it's the off season. What do you expect?

Well said!! Ive been coming to this site for 3 years and i dont have the post total that some have but that darn sure doesnt mean i dont know my stuff! He's right it is the offseason so everyone is just posting whatever comes to mind. Be thankful that people are even saying anything... this site could be dead right now if it werent for these posts and then people like you (not you Gen3D the guy you were talking to) wouldnt have anything to do with your life.

dolfancoolio said:
does anyone see this situation unfolding:

we draft alex smith at #2 (rb taken in second or third round or RW). then in training camp feeley holds frerotte and smith off. feeley plays consistently and has a franchise year; playing too solidly to allow smith a chance. then next season we are stuck with the question of which one to trade or whether to keep them both. exactly like the chargers scenario last season with brees and rivers except feeley and smith at their best are not as good as those two.

does anyone think this is possible/probable?? from what i saw of feeley last year he could be a sleeper. some of the passes he made amazed me, however he only pulled out like 1 or 2 of them per game.

LOL

MissMeth said:
Well said!! Ive been coming to this site for 3 years and i dont have the post total that some have but that darn sure doesnt mean i dont know my stuff! He's right it is the offseason so everyone is just posting whatever comes to mind. Be thankful that people are even saying anything... this site could be dead right now if it werent for these posts and then people like you (not you Gen3D the guy you were talking to) wouldnt have anything to do with your life.

:beerbang:

dolfancoolio said:

we draft alex smith at #2 (rb taken in second or third round or RW). then in training camp feeley holds frerotte and smith off. feeley plays consistently and has a franchise year; playing too solidly to allow smith a chance. then next season we are stuck with the question of which one to trade or whether to keep them both. exactly like the chargers scenario last season with brees and rivers except feeley and smith at their best are not as good as those two.

does anyone think this is possible/probable?? from what i saw of feeley last year he could be a sleeper. some of the passes he made amazed me, however he only pulled out like 1 or 2 of them per game.

As I have said many times, that's a "problem" that I'd love for us to have to deal with. Can it happen? Probably not likely but certainly not out of the realm of possibility (see San Diego).

I don't think this is going to be the year we break that tradition of not drafting a QB with franchise player in mind.

If that is the case, we won't break the tradition of having substandard play from the QB position, and the tradition of having every other team's QB outplay ours in every game such as we have developed the "tradition" of doing since Marino left... or unfortunately, since 2 years BEFORE he left, given his diminished skills the last 2 yrs. he played.

The last time we drafted a QB in the 1st round we got a Hall of Famer. Since then we go cheap at QB and get worthless, ineffective QBing. We have the chance to change that this year and everyone wants to trade for linemen and defensive players. WE HAVE ADDRESSED THE D FOLKS! Hello!

It's time to get us a QB who can actually PLAY this game, not one who throws games away.

I pray that we don't draft a qb with the #2 pick. I would rather draft another corner than qb. Hopefully, we will be able to trade down and pick up another pick or so.

Drfletcherdc said:
I pray that we don't draft a qb with the #2 pick. I would rather draft another corner than qb. Hopefully, we will be able to trade down and pick up another pick or so.

I'm just curious as to why. Do you feel as it we have a franchise QB on the team now? Feeley or Sage?

Thanks in advance.:)

Gen3D said:
Just because someone doesn't have a huge post total, doesn't mean they are not knowledge, and to make that kind of statement is foolish. A post total is nothing more then a worthless stat. Also the term noobs or newbie is old and over used back in the 80's! I consider it an insult to yourself to use it, so for your sake, please don't.

Lastly, it's the off season. What do you expect?

I'm flexible, and had already thought about the low post count and in yours and others the join date should be factored in as well.
But have you read some of the threads started by new posters lately?

And don't tell me not to read them because when most of them are misleading and you open the thread and it's another repeat thread or a garbage thread because they are too lazy to do a search then yes, I get a little annoyed. Because there are times when I can't sit all day and read the board. So I click on to see if there is anything new to discuss and then go.
It's not a crime to revive an old thread because its a few days weeks or month old.

And it has nothing to do with being the off season that's a lame excuse.
Yes it's the off season but does that meen you can't add your opinion to an existing thread?
There's the old saying if you don't like it don't read it, I agree with that, and I abide by that, but sifting through the rubble to find a nugget is not what I like to do on these boards when they are full of fools gold. :wink:

And I'm just writting what others are thinking.

You know the most abused phrase on this board is?

"I don't know if this has been posted yet but........"

I understand this is a free site, and am grateful for it, but I have also donated money to this site and invest alot of time here. And as much as there are posters that have the right to start useless repeated threads I have the right to speak out against them.

P.S. I couldn't care less if you think a slang term for new people is insulting for me, who the hell are you to decide what is insulting for me. :shakeno: :lol:
Wow the audacity of some people. When people refer to the "N word" they're not talking about the word noob. :roflmao:

You make it sound horrible to have two good qbs. It seems you just copied what happened last year to the Chargers and put some Dolphins in their.

dolfancoolio said:

NO!!!

Feeley is a career backup that wasnt worth anywhere near the 2nd rounder that we traded for him!

Just accept it and move on...

Shifty187 said:
NO!!!

Feeley is a career backup that wasnt worth anywhere near the 2nd rounder that we traded for him!

Just accept it and move on...

Oh ok, if YOU say so.

Alright everyone..........PACK IT UP we're done here.

:shakeno: Wow.

Hellion said:
Oh ok, if YOU say so.

Shucks...Oh well, since it's already been decided there's no sense in wasting time. .:www:

dolphingator said:
If that is the case, we won't break the tradition of having substandard play from the QB position, and the tradition of having every other team's QB outplay ours in every game such as we have developed the "tradition" of doing since Marino left... or unfortunately, since 2 years BEFORE he left, given his diminished skills the last 2 yrs. he played.

The last time we drafted a QB in the 1st round we got a Hall of Famer. Since then we go cheap at QB and get worthless, ineffective QBing. We have the chance to change that this year and everyone wants to trade for linemen and defensive players. WE HAVE ADDRESSED THE D FOLKS! Hello!

It's time to get us a QB who can actually PLAY this game, not one who throws games away.

I agree totally, it is time fpr a franchise QB, but its not going to be this year. Not only have we addressed the defense, we have also, as far as Saban is concerned, addressed the QB problem for this season. Saban brought in Gus Frerotte, a prodigy under Lineham's offense, to work with Feeley and push him at QB this upcoming season. Furthermore, we resigned Sage Rosenfals as our third stringer. This tells me that not only is Saban banking on one of these three guys to start this year, he is also not going to draft another QB.

If you expect a QB to be drafted in 2005, you are day dreaming. Saban has very clearly, i believe, mapped out to all of us the route he is going to be taking. This is the year for either Feeley to shine and if he can't then they'll throw Frerotte in to salvage the season and maybe give Rosenfals some snaps to see what he has. We very well may draft another franchise QB, but it won't be till after this upcoming season has ended.
As far as Saban is concerned I think QB is covered, and any interest he shows towards one is a smoke screen to try and draw interest from other teams to trade down. He has very clearly mapped out his intent of the QB position this year, and will use the pick to either trade down or draft another skill position.

Hellion said:
Oh ok, if YOU say so.

U just padded ur post count with lame sarcasm...

Proud?:rolleyes:

U just cross your fingers and continue to live in Candyland (hoping that Feeley turns into a franchise QB) and i'll continue to live here in the real world where Feeley is a bum!

Back
Top Bottom