anyone see this unfolding?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

anyone see this unfolding??

dolfancoolio

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
does anyone see this situation unfolding:

we draft alex smith at #2 (rb taken in second or third round or RW). then in training camp feeley holds frerotte and smith off. feeley plays consistently and has a franchise year; playing too solidly to allow smith a chance. then next season we are stuck with the question of which one to trade or whether to keep them both. exactly like the chargers scenario last season with brees and rivers except feeley and smith at their best are not as good as those two.

does anyone think this is possible/probable?? from what i saw of feeley last year he could be a sleeper. some of the passes he made amazed me, however he only pulled out like 1 or 2 of them per game.

dolfancoolio said:

we draft alex smith at #2 (rb taken in second or third round or RW). then in training camp feeley holds frerotte and smith off. feeley plays consistently and has a franchise year; playing too solidly to allow smith a chance. then next season we are stuck with the question of which one to trade or whether to keep them both. exactly like the chargers scenario last season with brees and rivers except feeley and smith at their best are not as good as those two.

does anyone think this is possible/probable?? from what i saw of feeley last year he could be a sleeper. some of the passes he made amazed me, however he only pulled out like 1 or 2 of them per game.

face reality...were not gonna draft a qb at #2 its just being said to fool other teams so they think were interested so they trade up for him

LtDan662002 said:
That would be a problem I would not mind having. Better 2 good QB's than none!!

yeah i agree, say what you want about the chargers, they're still in a better position then us.

right now IMO we don't have a franchise qb on our roster.

I don't see us drafting another qb when we just signed one and resigned another. I mean don't get me wrong I'd love for the young arm of alex smith or aaron rodgers, but the last time we saw a QB coming out of the first round was 1984. I don't think this is going to be the year we break that tradition of not drafting a QB with franchise player in mind.

This post is just as incredibly worthless as "The Cowboys Trade" post.

Buddwalk said:
face reality...were not gonna draft a qb at #2 its just being said to fool other teams so they think were interested so they trade up for him

Well said

yamutha3002 said:
This post is just as incredibly worthless as "The Cowboys Trade" post.

There's are alot of worthless threads started by noobs these days, hell if it were up to me noobs wouldn't be able to start a thead until they had at least 100 posts.

I sure hope we don't draft a qb with our pick, I see Feeley having some sucess this year.

yeah, your right, it would be terrible to have two decent QB's on our roster unlike what we have today. An unproven quantity and a veteran backup in the twilight of his career. aaaaaalllrighty then....(i watched pet detective the other day)

dolfancoolio said:

Very possible...I actually hope this happens. When will we have another chance to draft a quarterback that deserves consideration for the #1 pick? Since quarterback is the most important position on the field....I would rather run into this situation then find out down the line that feeley just doesn't have the mental capacity to avoid turnovers.

Hellion said:
There's are alot of worthless threads started by noobs these days, hell if it were up to me noobs wouldn't be able to start a thead until they had at least 100 posts.

Just because someone doesn't have a huge post total, doesn't mean they are not knowledge, and to make that kind of statement is foolish. A post total is nothing more then a worthless stat. Also the term noobs or newbie is old and over used back in the 80's! I consider it an insult to yourself to use it, so for your sake, please don't.

Lastly, it's the off season. What do you expect?

dolfancoolio said:

feeley is a sleeper alright!! many a sunday i turned the dolphin game off and went to sleep!!:fire:

Back
Top Bottom