Anyone take a flyer on Desean Jackson for the vet minimum? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone take a flyer on Desean Jackson for the vet minimum?

dolphinheel

Active Roster
Reaction score
It’s a low risk but potentially a high reward

rewardhttps://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30930669/desean-jackson-signals-released-philadelphia-eagles

Id rather see the FO go out and get one of the top WR free agents, draft a rookie WR at 18, and double down on WR in the 3rd. Pair that with Parker and Gesicki and I think you have a solid group of pass catchers that will be around for a few years.

With all the assets the Fins have I'd hate the idea over a positional rental versus someone who can grow in the system for a few years

Ever heard of a guy in our team named Parker? Yea the guy that is almost gonna be 30 and is always injured right? Well we are expecting him to play, and we are drafting players this year to hopefully replace his presence in the future since he's often a hamstring away from being put in IR. We can't get rid of his contract, and we don't need a vet here unless he was willing to coach our receivers in his free time for fun.

To be fair, if Jackson would still be putting vet numbers like Jerry Rice did then yes but he isn't. Mahommes was still in college the last time he was relevant.

I'm waiting for Philly to cut Fletcher and I'm first in line to offer him 3 years and sunshine.

Back
Top Bottom