Anyone think we wont draft QB high? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone think we wont draft QB high?

We added a lot of players in free agency, we will trade up for Tua and draft OT with our next pick.

This teams rolling with Fitz for the next 2 years, Flores and co love the beard. You can all stop the qb talk now, no QBs for you.

Ths

That’s interesting... Burrow has displayed more durability attempting over 900 passes in college versus 600 + for Tua....Burrow beat Tua...In Tuscaloosa...Burrow had the greatest season a QB has ever had in Major college history...ok, tell me again your argument for Tua as QB1?

Tua did it consistently, not just good for one year with pretty much bad to meh tape outside of that. There is zero bad tape on Tua. Tua played behind a pretty porous line last year, on a dodgy ankle and still went toe to toe with Burrow in that game, if he were fully fit that game could well have gone the other way, even still it was close. Tua throws with anticipation better than anyone in the college game over the last decade or more, his accuracy is incredible and again he did that for 2 and a bit seasons starting not just one year. Tua has the stronger arm. Tua excelled in two vastly different offenses, a lot of the success of Burrow last year has been attributed to Brady coming in there, true or not there is no evidence he can adapt to another system like Tua has already shown. Tua had to study last year while Burrow got to spend most of his time in his senior year in college studying tape, that was a big advantage and it's clearly something he excels at.

Burrow is a fine prospect, don't get me wrong, he can do things that Tua can't, like being a threat in the running game. His accuracy, vision and sheer ability to play the position that he demonstrated last year was exceptional. But for me Tua is still the guy, he's the one I would bet on most to be an elite level QB in the NFL. This is my opinion, everyone is entitled to their own, and none are wrong. The top and bottom of it is that in order to select Burrow, you are going to have to give up everything, if the Bengals will even listen, to take Tua, we can probably stay right where we are. It's a simple choice imo in the end.

I prefer the Dolphins trade down and pick up more players thru draft...I hope They’re gonna trade out and here’s why. - NO QB in this draft can be touted as a sure thing - Burrows and Herbert COULD start this year for most any team....but the Bengals will likely ruin Burrow...

Better for the Dolphins to trade down

pick up picks and get Love or another tier II guy because Tua, Love and others have to sit a year anyhow!!

we need several o lineman a running back a safety or 2 a corner or 2 a nose guard...

too many holes to fill so if we are going to sit aQB for a year anyhow better we use draft capital else where and pick a player to develop with 18, 26 or a round 2 pick....

I can't wait to draft a "franchise QB" at #5 and put his *** on the bench for the year. A pick that high needs to start right ***ing now.
No reason at all they need to start that urgently. Mahomes sat behind Smith, Rodgers behind Favre, etc.. a young qb doesn’t need to be thrown to the wolves right out the gates

I think Love at 18 is a real possibility hence the attention we've been giving him.

I am not thrilled nor disappointed at the prospect of any QB we draft because unlike many experts, gurus, foreseers on here, I have zero idea what these Qbs will turn out to be.

I will be severely disappointed if we trade one of our 1sts. 3 1st rounders give us much better odds of landing a superstar.

Do not, do not, do NOT trade up.

If anything, trade down from #5. Play the board, let it come to you... pick several plus players. The QBs all have some serious questions surrounding them.

The best thing that could happen?

Tua is there @5 and we take a King's ransom to let them have him.

Tua, Burrow, Wirfs, Thomas, Young, Simmons... can't miss on top 5 pick. Or Like many others said, trade down and pick up more draft capital. As of now, i think biggest concerns; Quarterback, Tackle, Pass Rusher, Safety, Running Back. Hit on those in first 2 rounds and dolphins will be contenders

I could see Fins going another route. Honestly, if Simmons is there, he is a PERFECT fit for Flores' defense. Would't surprise me at all if they took him.

Besides, Fins might feel this way about next year's class.

If Miami goes BPA after #5, assuming they get their QB at #5, I can see them drafting a CB if one falls and is the best player available at #18 or #26. Can never have too many CBs

I agree with the last sentence for sure, but the reasoning before it is hard to believe with the greater needs on the OL.

We probably have the best starting tandem of CBs in the NFL and the worst OTs.

One way or another we are getting a Tackle.

Do not, do not, do NOT trade up.

If anything, trade down from #5. Play the board, let it come to you... pick several plus players. The QBs all have some serious questions surrounding them.

The best thing that could happen?

Tua is there @5 and we take a King's ransom to let them have him.
Yeah, if Tua's on the board at pick 5, what you wanna bet we dangle him the full 15 minutes while everyone squirms with trepidation? lol While Tua may be a generational QB, he's also questionable. I might prefer to take that King's ransom if it's offered. YEEEAAAAHHHH!!!

Yeah, if Tua's on the board at pick 5, what you wanna bet we dangle him the full 15 minutes while everyone squirms with trepidation? lol While Tua may be a generational QB, he's also questionable. I might prefer to take that King's ransom if it's offered. YEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
If nothing else... I would love to be online reading the comments from the Tua Cultists while he was dangling... would be great!

Dont forget we desperately need an LT. Desperately.

Wills is an RT, and Wirfs is projected to be a guard or RT in NFL.

Thomas and Becton are only legit options who can start right away but i doubt they make it to 18.

Back
Top Bottom