Anyone think we wont draft QB high? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone think we wont draft QB high?

WOW!

Tua will have almost a full year to have healed before the first game of the season. I was run over by a car, suffered much worse injuries, am close to three times his age, ain't no elite athlete with the best staff of doctors......yet I returned to work at full duty in a tad over 6 months. So I really don't understand all the guys saying he "has to sit for another year to heal". Nothing wrong with that plan, and we can afford it, but it isn't required. Plus I'd say QB's are more protected in the NFL.

Last I counted we signed 10 free agents and might get more. We have 14 draft picks. That is almost 50% of a team's roster. Why do people want to trade back from 5, to get more picks, at the expense of passing on the best QB prospect since Andrew Luck?

We stripped the team down and we did it for one reason, to rebuild. That requires a QB, the best one you can get, regardless of the cost. Sure I'd rather not have to trade up. But what I really don't want is to not get the right QB because we cheap out and over value draft picks. Face it, if Tua didn't get hurt we wouldn't have any chance at all to land him. We don't need more draft picks. We don't need the 3rd or 4th or 5th best QB. I'd much rather have the best QB and the 3rd or 4th or 5th best offensive tackle.

WOW!

Tua will have almost a full year to have healed before the first game of the season. I was run over by a car, suffered much worse injuries, am close to three times his age, ain't no elite athlete with the best staff of doctors......yet I returned to work at full duty in a tad over 6 months. So I really don't understand all the guys saying he "has to sit for another year to heal". Nothing wrong with that plan, and we can afford it, but it isn't required. Plus I'd say QB's are more protected in the NFL.

Last I counted we signed 10 free agents and might get more. We have 14 draft picks. That is almost 50% of a team's roster. Why do people want to trade back from 5, to get more picks, at the expense of passing on the best QB prospect since Andrew Luck?

We stripped the team down and we did it for one reason, to rebuild. That requires a QB, the best one you can get, regardless of the cost. Sure I'd rather not have to trade up. But what I really don't want is to not get the right QB because we cheap out and over value draft picks. Face it, if Tua didn't get hurt we wouldn't have any chance at all to land him. We don't need more draft picks. We don't need the 3rd or 4th or 5th best QB. I'd much rather have the best QB and the 3rd or 4th or 5th best offensive tackle.

Umm... have you ever heard of the concept of false parallelism?

This is when you compare apples to oranges... or yourself to a professional athlete.

What gets you back to work might not get a professional athlete back to 100%. If he's lost a half step... or a bit of flexibility... it could make a huge difference.

Even if he heals, he is still a risk. He loses one year, he may lose the second as well. A scratch from draft board for me.

I want Tua at 5

They probably go QB at 5

But it’s not impossible that they don’t draft a QB with their first pick.

It’s kind of fun to think of all the possibilities if we wait on QB. The trade down option is very enticing.

The durability thing is definitely a concern anyone who doesn't say they worry about that are either lying or bat **** crazy. You are also completely right about him holding the ball too long on occasion, that'show he got the hip injury. He has however shown through he college career that he is a quick study, he needs to work on just taking that check down or throwing it away if it's not there, he's already acknowledged that in various interviews post the injury which is the important first step, pretty confident his NFL coach will iron that out.

I will challenge you on Burrow beating Tua in that game, I like most folks who enjoy the Saturday football, watched that whole game. Burrow didn't beat Tua that day, Burrow beat Alabama, Tua gave Bama a chance, but their D was pretty damn horrible that day, Burrow played well but the D couldn't come up with anything. Tua threw one Int early but outside of that was outstanding and he did this on a bum ankle and against a much better D than Burrow faced that day, much better. The Nat Champ game against Lawrence could be classed as perhaps his worst game in his career, but he Lawrence threw for just 50 more yards and 1 more TD, pining that loss solely on Tua is harsh, yeah he could have played better and was perhaps guilty of over pushing things against a stacked Clemson D, if this is his low point, that's pretty good.

Burrow wan't playing well in 2018, he was playing meh at best, there is a reason why he was projected as a mid round selection coming into the season. He couldn't beat out Dwayne Haskins to first the back up job and then the starting job at Ohio state, so he transferred. That Dwayne Haskins, a guy I actually like, but is the source of a lot of ridicule on here and other places. If you accuse folks of making excuses for Tua then only fair to say folks make excuses for Burrow losing that battle because he broke a hand in spring training. Cream always rises to the top, like Tua did in supplanting an extremely successful, popular and scheme fitting player in Hurts.

Both though are great prospects and light years ahead of any other prospect. Neither though are can't miss, no prospect really is, both have things to work on in the pros, I think both will be great and I would love either of them in a fins uniform, you like Burrow better, I prefer Tua,, that's fine. The fact remains though that Tua is way more gettable than Burrow, but if we do end up giving up a bunch to get Burrow, I'll be all in on it.

I hear you...but was Bama’s defense horrible? Or was Burrow his typical 2019 dominant self?

I hear you...but was Bama’s defense horrible? Or was Burrow his typical 2019 dominant self?

On the day it was a bit of both, the D couldn't make a stop, Burrow was great that day too, he had to be to keep ahead of what Tua was doing. It was for me right up there as the best game of the season.

On the day it was a bit of both, the D couldn't make a stop, Burrow was great that day too, he had to be to keep ahead of what Tua was doing. It was for me right up there as the best game of the season.

It’s not in this particular post but I am tired of the narrative that Tua‘s line sucked. Wills is top 10-15 pick and Leatherwood would have been a 1st round pick. I would be happy with either.

My gut says Herbert at #5. Tua is better, but durability counts. Tua has to score low in that regard. I think Miami will view Herbert as someone they can develop.

I know some have mentioned Love at #18. I'm not sure he makes it out of the top 10.

If the Dolphins don't go quarterback at #5, they will likely have to pick among Eason, Hurts, Fromm or Gordon.

Bless you. Too many tend to talk in absolutes. Here is a reality beyond dispute. EVERY Miami pick is debatable in FH. Opinions range from NO QB to only ONE QB and trade all 14 picks for him (I'm exaggerating). What no one knows is which of those opinions match Flo/Grier's. Just because I DESPERATELY want a specific player doesn't mean Miami agrees. Some here tend to forget that.

Everyone here is trying to make Miami a SB team - so much so those who disagree are idiots and can't see the truth. We dream of who we want in R3. We can't agree on the evaluation of any one player. Yet some are already saying Grier/Flo should be run out of town if THEIR guy isn't picked.

Personally, I think Miami will pick a QB R1, likely with one of the 1st two picks. That's as far as I'll go. Even then, to the dismay of some, the status of Rosen is unknown.

WOW!

To get '21 picks?

It’s not in this particular post but I am tired of the narrative that Tua‘s line sucked. Wills is top 10-15 pick and Leatherwood would have been a 1st round pick. I would be happy with either.
I take it you didn't watch many Bama games last year. Ask our resident Bama like Slim and Namor, what they thought of their line last year. One or two players don'y make a good line, two years ago we had Tunsil and James and our line still sucked, it's never not sucked in recent memory and we've had plenty of good players on it, pro bowlers.

Bless you. Too many tend to talk in absolutes. Here is a reality beyond dispute. EVERY Miami pick is debatable in FH. Opinions range from NO QB to only ONE QB and trade all 14 picks for him (I'm exaggerating). What no one knows is which of those opinions match Flo/Grier's. Just because I DESPERATELY want a specific player doesn't mean Miami agrees. Some here tend to forget that.

Everyone here is trying to make Miami a SB team - so much so those who disagree are idiots and can't see the truth. We dream of who we want in R3. We can't agree on the evaluation of any one player. Yet some are already saying Grier/Flo should be run out of town if THEIR guy isn't picked.

Personally, I think Miami will pick a QB R1, likely with one of the 1st two picks. That's as far as I'll go. Even then, to the dismay of some, the status of Rosen is unknown.
Can you imagine the conversations here if Miami doesn't draft a quarterback early? As you alluded to, we really don't know how the front office views Rosen.

The quarterback position is obviously the most important. but team building is about so much more.

Getting a QB is the most important thing but that does not mean it has to be the 1st thing.

We truly have no idea how Miami feels about any of these guys.

They may like Herbert more than Tua. They may love Fromm and think they can get him later.

They may prefer to wait for Lawrence/Fields next year.

And they may LOVE Tua and be willing to move up to get him. ;)

If the unthinkable happens and BOTH Tua and Burrow are gone and the Fins are still at 5 (eg the Lions trade out of 3 with the Chargers), I would love to drop from 5 to the Jags pick at #9 and pick up #20, as well.

Jags jump Detroit to replace Ramsey with Okudah; Fins end up with 9/18/20/26 in the first.

Not ideal, but the Chargers may go Bill O’Brien and make a ridiculous offer.

IF Miami does not want any of the QB's they could have at #5 and/or are unwilling to move up to get one, then they should trade down.

I would rather have extra picks than Simmons/Brown/Wirfs etc....in your scenario they could still get one of those guys at #9 probably.

I am hoping Miami can find someone who wants to jump back in to the 1st Round at #26 and get a 2 this year and a 1 next year to move back.

Trading down a bit has been my goal since day 1. As you can see from my Avatar... I'm not a Tuaite and have long thought we need to establish our lines and depth before mortgaging the future on one player... any player.

Back
Top Bottom