Anyone think we wont draft QB high? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone think we wont draft QB high?

I want a coaching staff that is confident enough to draft a big mobile QB with a cannon for an arm and make him the weapon he should be.

I completely agree. Lions pick is going to be the Tua pick. I hope the dolphins just bite the bullet and go up the two spots.
If Tua is the Lions pick then they’re not trading with Miami. You don’t identify your QB of the future and then trade it away for any compensation.

I do not believe they will draft a QB for numerous reasons already posted on this forum. They want to win now and drafting Tua doesn’t help that. Stanford is not going anywhere. They likely take Okudah or Simmons.

If Tua is the Lions pick then they’re not trading with Miami. You don’t identify your QB of the future and then trade it away for any compensation.

I do not believe they will draft a QB for numerous reasons already posted on this forum. They want to win now and drafting Tua doesn’t help that. Stanford is not going anywhere. They likely take Okudah or Simmons.

No no I meant the #3 pick in the draft (currently held by the Lions) is going to be where Tua goes. Just some confusion by the way I worded it. I firmly believe Lions are open to offers for that #3 slot and have no intention of picking a QB there

I want a coaching staff that is confident enough to draft a big mobile QB with a cannon for an arm and make him the weapon he should be.

I cant think of any QB this draft who is both big, mobile, and has a cannon arm. Eason is big and has a cannon but isnt mobile.

Tua and Fromm arent big.

Herbert and Love i dont think are mobile much.

If the unthinkable happens and BOTH Tua and Burrow are gone and the Fins are still at 5 (eg the Lions trade out of 3 with the Chargers), I would love to drop from 5 to the Jags pick at #9 and pick up #20, as well.

Jags jump Detroit to replace Ramsey with Okudah; Fins end up with 9/18/20/26 in the first.

Not ideal, but the Chargers may go Bill O’Brien and make a ridiculous offer.
In my mocks, I almost always trade 5 for Jax or Oak's two firsts, when available... except for those times when Burrow somehow makes it to 5.

Herbert has a decent amount of mobility... and would likely use it for the first few years and then start to scale it back as he aged... ala Big Ben.

If the unthinkable happens and BOTH Tua and Burrow are gone and the Fins are still at 5

Doesn't seem unthinkable to me. I would expect it to play out that way. Just because Miami has been linked to Tua all season doesn't means it's any type of favoritism that we're the only ones interested and nobody else would make a move like that.

I think it could be a team never contemplated

Actually started thinking about that today. I'm sold on Burrow and Tua. Obviously, with Tua health is a concern, but really none of the football skills are.

Herbert, Love and Hurts all have qualities I like and some I dislike. I think Herbert is clearly quarterback #3 in this class.

Miami's potential to miss is certainly there, especially if the criteria is landing a top 10 caliber quarterback.

I don't like the idea of waiting, necessarily, but I do think there are great non-quaterback options at #5.

Back
Top Bottom