ANYONE thought about this angle with manning? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ANYONE thought about this angle with manning?

NRA

Roll Gypsy Roll
Reaction score
i know this wont be very popular, but, has ANYONE THOUGHT at all about the possability that the finz have NEVER had manning in their plans?

before you hit the back button, think for a second.

1. everyone from fans to players to the finz brass themselves know that this is a HUGE off season for the club and is probably make or break for this owner and gm. so, why would they go out and get a coach and offensive coordinator who are versed and schooled in the west coast offense and then bring in a qb who has NEVER run it?

manning is great and he can make every throw the west coast has, but, theres more to that, route trees, mobility, terminology, etc... and the HUGE factor? they know manning runs his own show, he is qb, o/c and play caller, and its not west coast offense.

2. the effect of this can implode VERY fast. do you really think ireland told mike sherman that "hey, we want you here for sure, we want the wco offense in miami, but, there is a big chance peyton manning will be available in a month or so and if he is, were going after him. he will be teaching the players and calling the plays and bringing in his own choice of players. ok? just sign on that line there". NOPE!! that wasnt discussed at all because sherman wouldnt do that, no coach would with a resume and reputation of the offensive mind a mike sherman has. he could have gone to a few other teams as o/c and would have had this been brought up.

3. if they didnt discuss it, and its obvious they didnt, sherman and philbin cant be happy at all right now. i see a lot of phone calls between them saying "what the heck did we just sign up for"!! if this is the way it went down and this implodes, boss ross and jeff ireland will never get another decent coach to even take a phone call from them. after all the blunders they have made, this would seal the finz brass fate. and like i mentioned at the first, they know this off season has to be right and done right. they cant miss!!

4. considering all this, maybe they are smart this year. everyone has agreed the way they handled the philbin hire was spot on. pretty much everyone but a few thought he was our man and are happy he is the coach. so i dont see them completely alienating their new coaches by throwing a "manning runs all" monkey wrench into the whole thing.

5. of course, you have to take EVERYTHING that is said with a grain of salt, even with the team. they have said so far they have not met and have no meeting set up with manning. maybe they speak the truth? if they have no plans for manning, weather he wants to be here or not, saying they have no meetings set up doesnt hurt there strategy at all. they may have flynn coming. they may be working a deal for rg3. they may continue grooming matt moore! manning isnt the end all for them.

6. many, many more things are looking like disaster in signing manning than good things. if his arm, shoulder, neck does a chad pennington, DOOMED!! If manning isnt the manning of old, not close, this will start a ripple effect in the locker room and front offices. like i said, if he comes here, sherman and philbin are not gonna be over joyed at having their plans yanked out from under them and forced to sit aside and watch a player run the show. and after all this team has been through, all the blunders, missed opportunities, bad drafts, bad free agents, bad coaching, it would kill this team for along, long time and you will here the laughter from football fans and media and rivals all the way from the north pole!!!!!

so, in a nut shell, with the brass's reputation on the line, the ability to fill seats again on the line, the very big chance peyton isnt the old peyton, the chance he gets hurt again just maybe in the minds of the finz and have NO plans on taking that risk. they also know we are NOT a qb away from the show and his salary will KILL us being players in f/a and re signing our good players when their deals are up. just WAY TO MANY hi risks for a shot of instant gratification.

and i am ok with that. i agree that there are just to many hi risks with manning, his health, age, salary and alienation and resentment within the offesnsive staff to consider this.

i dont want flynn ANYWHERE NEAR THIS TEAM as he brings in almost as many, similar risks without the 14 years of pro bowls, playoffs, mvp's and superbowls.

anyone else thought about the fact that manning may have never been a plan of the dolphins brass?

I don't believe that Front Offices would make serious theatrics, like pretending to go after a free agent to appease fans. I do see them pretending to go after a free agent to lower the price of another but I think these are stronger people than that in which they need to please the fans through theatrics

I don't think Philbin and Sherman would mind coaching a team with Payton Manning leading it Theres always some risk with a new player but I am sure they know the physical condition of Manning by now. If that were still at risk they could put or will put players performance clauses in the contract. Imagine being in Philbins shoes , starting as head coach with Payton Manning as QB! Doubt he would be too upset too make changes in his game plans. Just my opinion.

I don't believe that Front Offices would make serious theatrics, like pretending to go after a free agent to appease fans. I do see them pretending to go after a free agent to lower the price of another but I think these are stronger people than that in which they need to please the fans through theatrics

MIAMINATIVE: i have absolutely no idea what your getting at or how it relates to the thread and my point. the only thing i mentioned concerning free agents was how mannings contract dollars would prevent us from being players in free agency.

explain?

NO. these threads are getting out of hand....

RANDOM HERO13: out of hand? as far as i can see, this is the ONLY thread i have seen about the possabilty manning is NOT being concidered by the finz brass.

i take it the NO part of your response was you dont think so. WHY? you didnt elaborate as to WHY you feel that way.

can you clarify?

Philbin gets a free ride if Manning implodes or explodes for that matter. The addition of Peyton can only help jet propel his career as an HC if Peyton is Peyton. There's no fault if he fails or more likely gets injured as this is the owner's decision and he's one of 12 owners who are chomping at the bit. Who wouldn't be? Ross honestly thinks we're closer to the SB than we may or may not actually be so he wants Peyton as both the missing link, and perhaps even more importantly, to energize the fan base and reverse declining admissions.

It's a "win win" all around and the club definitely wants Manning. Worst case scenario he goes down, Ross loses some money he can afford to lose, Philbin goes "oh well, we tried" "no harm no foul" and Moore does or does not continue to progress and rise to the occasion. If he does, maybe we don't need a QB; if he doesn't, the best QB IMO of the college Big3, Matt Barkley is definitely coming out next season.

I think it's a legit topic here. If you listen to Philbin he says he wants to groom his guys. Manning is about as opposite as you get there in the most important position. I just can't believe that Flynn is not in the plans. It makes too much sense. Young, groomed, can teach the system, affordable. It allows you to have money for other needs. I know we are talking about Manning here but it's an injured Manning at the end of his career. And it will cost a major part of their cap dollars to do so. By showing the interest in Manning you give the perception that you aren't really interested in Flynn thus causing question to the league around how good he is.

I think it's a legit topic here. If you listen to Philbin he says he wants to groom his guys. Manning is about as opposite as you get there in the most important position. I just can't believe that Flynn is not in the plans. It makes too much sense. Young, groomed, can teach the system, affordable. It allows you to have money for other needs. I know we are talking about Manning here but it's an injured Manning at the end of his career. And it will cost a major part of their cap dollars to do so. By showing the interest in Manning you give the perception that you aren't really interested in Flynn thus causing question to the league around how good he is.
i guess you didnt catch the story today from an nfl exec that will be pursuing flynn,. he said he expects flynn's contract to be like that of kolbs, very expensive.

i guess you didnt catch the story today from an nfl exec that will be pursuing flynn,. he said he expects flynn's contract to be like that of kolbs, very expensive.

Flynn is 2012's version of Kolb.
I would rather start Matt Moore than sign Flynn to a huge contract.

I don't trust ANYTHING the Dolphins are leaking to the media, as they've demonstrated repeatedly in the past that they're more than willing to float misinformation in order to try to confuse people or obfuscate their true motives.

That said, I can pretty much promise you that Steve Ross told Jeff Ireland to go get Peyton, whatever the cost. Season ticket sales are looking absolutely abysmal right now.

I like Manning but will not cry at all if we don't get him. Sorry but I don't want to pay the guy 18 to 20 mill when we all know he's 36 and coming back from 4 neck surgeries.....a couple of years from now we're back to step one, if we last that long. We didn't get Fisher.....and most people on here know that we're better off......if we don't get Manning we could be better off as well......I actually like Flynn and Tannehill and feel that's the way we should go.....and yes, I will root for Manning to do good if we get him.

Ozzy rules!!

Flynn is 2012's version of Kolb.
I would rather start Matt Moore than sign Flynn to a huge contract.

I saw that, I hate to give Flynn a Kolb like deal when we already have a top 15 QB on our roster for 3,000,000 bucks. Flynn signing and busting is bigger risk than Peyton as it would probably mean the end of this regime. They better really be sold on Flynn before giving him a Lb like contract.

I'm sure the pursuit of Peyton is the real deal. Manning would bring excitement not seen in Miami for many years and his presence would certainly help lagging ticket sales.

i know this wont be very popular, but, has ANYONE THOUGHT at all about the possability that the finz have NEVER had manning in their plans?

before you hit the back button, think for a second.

1. everyone from fans to players to the finz brass themselves know that this is a HUGE off season for the club and is probably make or break for this owner and gm. so, why would they go out and get a coach and offensive coordinator who are versed and schooled in the west coast offense and then bring in a qb who has NEVER run it?

manning is great and he can make every throw the west coast has, but, theres more to that, route trees, mobility, terminology, etc... and the HUGE factor? they know manning runs his own show, he is qb, o/c and play caller, and its not west coast offense.

2. the effect of this can implode VERY fast. do you really think ireland told mike sherman that "hey, we want you here for sure, we want the wco offense in miami, but, there is a big chance peyton manning will be available in a month or so and if he is, were going after him. he will be teaching the players and calling the plays and bringing in his own choice of players. ok? just sign on that line there". NOPE!! that wasnt discussed at all because sherman wouldnt do that, no coach would with a resume and reputation of the offensive mind a mike sherman has. he could have gone to a few other teams as o/c and would have had this been brought up.

3. if they didnt discuss it, and its obvious they didnt, sherman and philbin cant be happy at all right now. i see a lot of phone calls between them saying "what the heck did we just sign up for"!! if this is the way it went down and this implodes, boss ross and jeff ireland will never get another decent coach to even take a phone call from them. after all the blunders they have made, this would seal the finz brass fate. and like i mentioned at the first, they know this off season has to be right and done right. they cant miss!!

4. considering all this, maybe they are smart this year. everyone has agreed the way they handled the philbin hire was spot on. pretty much everyone but a few thought he was our man and are happy he is the coach. so i dont see them completely alienating their new coaches by throwing a "manning runs all" monkey wrench into the whole thing.

5. of course, you have to take EVERYTHING that is said with a grain of salt, even with the team. they have said so far they have not met and have no meeting set up with manning. maybe they speak the truth? if they have no plans for manning, weather he wants to be here or not, saying they have no meetings set up doesnt hurt there strategy at all. they may have flynn coming. they may be working a deal for rg3. they may continue grooming matt moore! manning isnt the end all for them.

6. many, many more things are looking like disaster in signing manning than good things. if his arm, shoulder, neck does a chad pennington, DOOMED!! If manning isnt the manning of old, not close, this will start a ripple effect in the locker room and front offices. like i said, if he comes here, sherman and philbin are not gonna be over joyed at having their plans yanked out from under them and forced to sit aside and watch a player run the show. and after all this team has been through, all the blunders, missed opportunities, bad drafts, bad free agents, bad coaching, it would kill this team for along, long time and you will here the laughter from football fans and media and rivals all the way from the north pole!!!!!

so, in a nut shell, with the brass's reputation on the line, the ability to fill seats again on the line, the very big chance peyton isnt the old peyton, the chance he gets hurt again just maybe in the minds of the finz and have NO plans on taking that risk. they also know we are NOT a qb away from the show and his salary will KILL us being players in f/a and re signing our good players when their deals are up. just WAY TO MANY hi risks for a shot of instant gratification.

and i am ok with that. i agree that there are just to many hi risks with manning, his health, age, salary and alienation and resentment within the offesnsive staff to consider this.

i dont want flynn ANYWHERE NEAR THIS TEAM as he brings in almost as many, similar risks without the 14 years of pro bowls, playoffs, mvp's and superbowls.

anyone else thought about the fact that manning may have never been a plan of the dolphins brass?

I think you could be partially right . I think the front office might realize we dont have the cap room of some of the other teams and be makin a concerted effort just to appear they tried which hell I cant down the front office for if true

Back
Top Bottom