Anyone wanna change their mind about a Franchise LT at 32? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone wanna change their mind about a Franchise LT at 32?

xxAQUA JOSHUAxx

Active Roster
Reaction score
It seemed like 10 tackles were takin before our second pick so im glad we took jake long and if we didnt take him like alot of people thought we should we would've ended up with the 10th best tackle going into the season.

It seemed like 10 tackles were takin before our second pick so im glad we took jake long and if we didnt take him like alot of people thought we should we would've ended up with the 10th best tackle going into the season.

Yea Pritty Crazy this year! Iv never seen so many OT's in the 1st round. That just tells you how much better Jake Long is compared to other OT's in the draft.

I would like to change my opinion of a LT at 32. can I still do that?

I am with you man. We need one more OL, and suddenly the Fins are looking scary up front. I love this overhaul a lot.

In considering how the draft would play out prior Jake's signing, I always figured that we'd take Sam Baker at 32 or trade up into the end of the first round for him.

We'd still have been beat by the Falcons in that race.

Really smart taking Long 1st. In a great OT year, we got the clear cut bluechip.

Every knock on the other tackles was strength. They all needed to get stronger. Did 21 reps. Did 23 reps. Some had short arms. Some needed to get tougher in run blocking.

Our boy benched 37 (has done 40+), has 37 inch arms and according to Mel Kiper might be the best run blocker he's ever seen.

yeah, Jake all the way. Nice having the best of breed in what could be the most team impactful position on offense. However I do think Bill would have been okay with a Williams, Otah or Cady if he could have found a suitable trading partner that wouldn't have taken us too deep into the bowels of the first round.

I started a thread, "The problem with drafting J. Long". In it I suggested how the Dolphins could select Taylor's replacement with the first pick and have the opportunity to still draft an OT at 32.

So yes, after today I gladly take back everything I wrote. Thanks for the opportunity.

Please! Check my old posts going back, I've said like a million times that there was going to be a big run on OT's in the 1st. when debating how I want Jake with the 1st. overall. I also heard a million times " we can get a good LT later in the draft".....Pssh!

On a side note, I'm so surprised Millen still has a job. How is that possible? I think Cherilus can be a good player, but at 17? I think it was. I think Otah was still on the board, if I'm correct. Millen must have some pics. of the owners wife or something...... or pics. of the owner with a little boy or something. It's amazing! What is it? ...............Meat head!!!

Back
Top Bottom