Anyone with a jake long update | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone with a jake long update

Yeah that was pretty funny. I just tweeted jesse agler and he said jake should be a go for houston.

Heres an update. Not much new.

Jake Long continues to accept way to much pay for his value in the NFL. He is still highly overrated by the teams fanbase and still has issues with pure speed rushers. He is still pretending to be a leader despite the fact the whole team knows he gets paid way more than what he is worth. His unwillingness to volunteer a huge paycut is still holding the team back from signing better players at other positions, ones which actually matter in the NFL like WR.

Jake Long continues to accept way to much pay for his value in the NFL. He is still highly overrated by the teams fanbase and still has issues with pure speed rushers. He is still pretending to be a leader despite the fact the whole team knows he gets paid way more than what he is worth. His unwillingness to volunteer a huge paycut is still holding the team back from signing better players at other positions, ones which actually matter in the NFL like WR.

Hate to say it but, agree. Look at the teams with the best left tackles in football. Cleveland with Joe Thomas, Miami with Jake Long, etc. Where have those teams been and where are they headed?

If Jake Long wants to break the bank, let him do it elsewhere.

Great post. Exactly how I feel. Other teams get similar production for far less money.

Hate to say it but, agree. Look at the teams with the best left tackles in football. Cleveland with Joe Thomas, Miami with Jake Long, etc. Where have those teams been and where are they headed?

Amen. Slide Martin to LT next year and reload. Jake Long is injured every year. I'm so over him.

No way in hell I would pay him top 5 OL money. Not because I dont think he is a top 5 OLman. He probably is. I just dont see the value in that position anymore with how the game is played.

The refs have taken over protecting the QB at the instruction of Goodell. While you still need a LT to keep your QB from getting pressured and as a result either getting sacked or turning the ball over, its not like a QB is going to get "killed" as its always phrased around these parts. Name the last starting QB to take a hit IN THE POCKET and as a result miss signifigant time? Was it Palmer? Brady? Isnt that why they put those rules in?

The league knows there are only so many good QBs and they are what drive their product. They cant risk them getting injured. So now you can still sack the QB, but you cant HIT him....... ANYWHERE. You must tap him on the shoulder, and gently wrap your arms around him and fall over. Otherwise, its a 15 yard penalty and a 2 million dollar fine.

This rule makes the LT less signifigant.

But, the biggest reason the LT is no longer nearly as signifigant as years past...... the game has moved almost to a 7 on 7 flag football type of game. You win by passing the ball. The QB is given all the rules he needs to pick a defense apart and put points on the board. CBs can not breathe on WRs. Seperation is easier to get and the QBs can stand back there and fire without fear of getting clobbered.

QB, WR, TE, CB, and pass rushers are the guys who matter in this game. Those are the top 5 positions. You get playmakers in those spots, you win. Paying a LT top dollar will hurt your ability to get playmakers in those positions that matter most.

Jake Long isnt so great at nullifying those playmaking, pass rushing, DEs and OLBs anyway. That in itself makes him much less valuable at even his own position. Unless he were willing to play for the average starting LT salary, and I know he isnt, I wouldnt bother signing him. In fact, Id trade him already.

I think Miami lets him walk... horrible path to take. I'm not sure if he will want to stay here and he might end up with the tag. But you never know with jeff ireland running the show.

I would not be crushed it Miami traded him now for picks. But it better not be a damn 2nd or (2) 3rd round picks!!!!!!!!!!!

Jake Long would be great on a team that had a good OL and talent. He is wasting away here for the most part... I think he wants to leave, why else would he not already have a new contract?

P.S. I cannot stand jeff ireland...lol.

No way in hell I would pay him top 5 OL money. Not because I dont think he is a top 5 OLman. He probably is. I just dont see the value in that position anymore with how the game is played.

The refs have taken over protecting the QB at the instruction of Goodell. While you still need a LT to keep your QB from getting pressured and as a result either getting sacked or turning the ball over, its not like a QB is going to get "killed" as its always phrased around these parts. Name the last starting QB to take a hit IN THE POCKET and as a result miss signifigant time? Was it Palmer? Brady? Isnt that why they put those rules in?

The league knows there are only so many good QBs and they are what drive their product. They cant risk them getting injured. So now you can still sack the QB, but you cant HIT him....... ANYWHERE. You must tap him on the shoulder, and gently wrap your arms around him and fall over. Otherwise, its a 15 yard penalty and a 2 million dollar fine.

This rule makes the LT less signifigant.

But, the biggest reason the LT is no longer nearly as signifigant as years past...... the game has moved almost to a 7 on 7 flag football type of game. You win by passing the ball. The QB is given all the rules he needs to pick a defense apart and put points on the board. CBs can not breathe on WRs. Seperation is easier to get and the QBs can stand back there and fire without fear of getting clobbered.

QB, WR, TE, CB, and pass rushers are the guys who matter in this game. Those are the top 5 positions. You get playmakers in those spots, you win. Paying a LT top dollar will hurt your ability to get playmakers in those positions that matter most.

Jake Long isnt so great at nullifying those playmaking, pass rushing, DEs and OLBs anyway. That in itself makes him much less valuable at even his own position. Unless he were willing to play for the average starting LT salary, and I know he isnt, I wouldnt bother signing him. In fact, Id trade him already.

I agree with what you're saying to an extent, but if it were really so true that the LT isn't as important as he once was, shouldn't the salary teams are willing to pay reflect that?

I would trade him for a first in a heart beat under most circumstances if we had someone competent to replace him. Problem is with Martin showing he's far from ready I'm weary about who'd be taking his spot. Bottom line though is we'd be flat out crazy to pay him top 5 LT dollars given the lessor importance of a top tier LT and his recent injury issues over the last couple years.

Back
Top Bottom