AO can play for more then the tender (right) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AO can play for more then the tender (right)

mia4ever

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Rosenhaus also said if he is unable to work out a trade or a long-term deal with the Dolphins, Ogunleye will hold out and not play for the one-year tender of $1.824 million.
It's seem that well all find out the FINS intention about AO :

after this post i will surely let this POst die

the FIN can offer AO a one year deal until more cap space become available
like (one year 2.0 and 1.0 million in play peformance)net 1/3.0 million

AO do not have to play for the tender this year just a one year deal
are am i off base

The Dolphins have to give Ogunleye at least 1.824 million dollars this season. The Dolphins could offer Ogunleye more than the tender, but not less. However, Ogunleye has a deadline to sign the 1 year, 1.824 million dollar tender, and if he doesn't sign it, the tender automatically lowers to around 400K.

Yes. That's what happened last year. O-Gun was an exclusive rights FA and was tendered at $375,000. Incentives were negotiated into his 1 yr deal. It's possible, but apparently not likely, that something similiar could be done.

I predict, if not traded, he will end up playing the last 6 games for $170,000 (proration from $412,500) and become a UFA. Fins can reduce the tender in June to 110% of his 2003 salary of $375,000 and that is $412,500. If he becomes UFA, then Fins would have the option of tagging him

instead of placing the fran.tag on AO
can the FO place the Tras.Tag on AO, which carry a 1st round tag

I wonder what could be done with voidable years on the deal to perhaps give Wale some comfort in the event he gets hurt. If he's healthy, he can void them and be a FA. If he gets hurt or underperforms badly, he knows he has say $3-4 million a year coming in over the coming couple of years.

mia4ever said:
instead of placing the fran.tag on AO
can the FO place the Tras.Tag on AO, which carry a 1st round tag
the transition tag only gives us the right to match an offer. There is NO compensation if we can't match.

Clumpy said:
I predict, if not traded, he will end up playing the last 6 games for $170,000 (proration from $412,500) and become a UFA. Fins can reduce the tender in June to 110% of his 2003 salary of $375,000 and that is $412,500. If he becomes UFA, then Fins would have the option of tagging him

The $412.5k has to come up $250k for last year's incentives. In my last post I said he made $150k in incentives off the top of my head and decided to check out the details since we are talking about the June 15th tender.

The June 15th tender can be reduced to 110% of the previous year salary but has to include "all other terms of his prior year contract carried forward unchanged."

Last year's incentives for Wale were:
$25k for the pro-bowl
$75k for 10 sacks
$100k for 12 sacks
$125k for 14 sacks
$100k for most team sacks.

He made:
$25k for the pro-bowl
$125k for 15 sacks
$100k for most team sacks

Total $250k in LTBE incentives for 2004 only if the tender is reduced on June 15th. I can't see any reason it won't be reduced if he is holding out. $412.5k plus $250k = $662.5k tender on June 15th.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom