AOL Fanhouse: Offseason Winners and Losers | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AOL Fanhouse: Offseason Winners and Losers

finsforce

Practice Squad
Reaction score
LOSER: Joey Porter.
Porter, the former Steelers linebacker, is a nine-year veteran who should have learned how to conduct himself as a professional by now, especially after getting a contract with a $20 million guaranteed bonus from the Miami Dolphins. But he got in a fight with Bengals tackle Levi Jones in Vegas, an incident that Jones describes as less of a "fight" than a "sucker punch with six buddies backing him up." Porter was lucky he managed to escape serious punishment for the incident, getting charged only with a misdemeanor and fined but not suspended by the league.

WINNER: Ted Ginn.
After Ginn suffered a serious leg injury in Ohio State's loss to Florida in the college national championship game, his draft stock appeared to drop. Instead, Ginn was chosen by the Miami Dolphins with the ninth pick in the NFL draft, guaranteeing that he'll get an eight-figure guarantee on his rookie contract. Dolphins fans weren't happy that their team chose Ginn over quarterback Brady Quinn, but they'll be thrilled if Ginn is as exciting in the NFL as he was at Ohio State.

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/07/23/nfl-2007-off-season-winners-and-losers/

Man Oh Man is right. That guy can outright fly. And some of those returns were ALL HIM!! Like that return against what looks like Indiana where he was surrounded by 4 defenders and somehow jukes all of them. The way this guy can hit a hole is trully amazing. How about all of those WIDE OPEN TD catches? There is no way any wr can have that many open receptions unless he is simply TOO FAST BABY!!

I hope Ginn is really sumthin special. Maybe Porter will be that piece to the D to give the Dolphins top 3 in the league

Funny, it didn't say anything about Porter's ability, only about his stupid choice to punch Jones. At least there were no guns involved and he cooperated with the law after the incident. You could even say he was a winner because he had such a poor showing in 2006 and the Dolphins were still willing to give him such a nice contract.

I think everybody is excited to see what Ginn can do in the NFL! He will bring something to the return game that has been missing for many years.

This is more about money and not about football. The fact that Porter is a "loser" because he is out a few game checks and the fact that Ginn is a "winner" because he is due big dollars means nothing to me unless they produce on the field.

[mod]Please don't circumvent the profanity filter. [/mod]

I liked the write up on Ginn and I think he will prove his worth very quickly when we finally have good field position on kick offs. Whatever he can add to us receiving wise will just be gravy. I also don't know why they have to slam Peezy for his fight in Las Vegas or call him a loser. He just stood up and took care of his business...sometimes you have to be a man and whoop some ***, even if it costs you in the wallet. :wink:

man i hope ginn goes well for us. also porter though i am still pretty skeptical of both moves, hopefully both of them pan out and we will have picked up 2 very good players that can help in a push for playoff football this year. boy do i miss post season football.

i also think Porter got lucky and i for one am happy he did...Ginn, lets just hope he proves everyone wrong and be able to helps us in both special teams as well as on offense.

Back
Top Bottom