AP Source: No Player Vote Wednesday on NFL Deal | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AP Source: No Player Vote Wednesday on NFL Deal

datruth55

Hungry for defense
Club Member
Reaction score
I am the bearer of bad news.

WASHINGTON -- A person familiar with the NFL negotiations tells The Associated Press that players will not vote Wednesday on a deal to end the lockout.

The person says there remains work to do to finalize an agreement between owners and players. The person spoke to the AP on condition of anonymity because the process is supposed to remain confidential.

The NFL Players Association's executive committee and representatives of all 32 teams met Wednesday in Washington, but some participants left in the afternoon after reviewing portions of a tentative deal. A second person tells the AP on condition of anonymity that players are going to relay information to teammates.

Owners are meeting in Atlanta on Wednesday, and could vote Thursday.

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/07/20/2323072/ap-source-no-player-vote-wednesday.html#ixzz1SgKLaTsd

I will follow up with more bad news. Talk on NFLN is that a deal this week is not guaranteed and the longer this goes on the more likely this whole thing blows up. It is getting ugly and like I have said all along, don't buy into the buzz.

I've been literally removing myself from all of this offseason CBA talk. Not until this past week had I saw on ESPN that it looked like there was no more talk, that it was basically a sure thing. I made the mistake of getting excited and hyped for the year and whatnot and now my buzz has flatlined.

No big deal IMO at all. Until every word and every I is dotted the correct way, nothing will be even presented to vote on. Deal is coming as soon as all the suits agree on the wording.

apparently it wasn't said that "there will be no deal voted upon". it can be done via conference call and have given the nflpa committee the full go-ahead to finalize the deal.

Back
Top Bottom