AP top 25 Poll after 4 weeks | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AP top 25 Poll after 4 weeks

#3 LSU comes to Gainesville in a couple weeks. Both teams will almost certainly be undefeated unless LSU manages to lose to mighty Towson, or if the Gators get tripped up by Open Date. CBS has a tough decision to make for that 3:30 slot between LSU-Florida or Georgia-South Carolina.

LSU is going to have to correct some things if they want to come out of that trip to Gainesville with a win. Mettenberger looks a lot like the Senior version of Jarrett Lee to me... with a stronger arm. I can certainly see why Aaron Murray beat him out at UGA. He's a statue in the pocket and looked rattled in his first SEC road game. Their offensive line is also a little suspect in pass protection, especially with Chris Faulk out.

On the other hand, I'm very impressed with the 2nd half adjustments Will Muschamp has been making, particularly against Tennessee and Texas A&M.

If Florida wants to win against LSU, they'll have to run the ball between the tackles with Gillislee. Driskel gets better every week. However, he'll run himself into 6 sacks against LSU if he tries to play like he's playing against that front 7.

I think it's sad that we're already this deep into football. I love football and wish it was all year

The halftime adjustments are very impressive. It just gets really irritating when in the 1st half our defense can't get off the field on 3rd down to save their lives. But with our week 2 win coming against A&M instead of USF or UAB, this team is already on pace to have a better season than the last two. I'm very impressed with Driskel thus far. It looks like as a sophomore he's starting to live up to all the hype surrounding him coming out of HS. 9-3 would have me thrilled after the last two seasons. And if we manage to actually surpass that, then that FSU game at the bottom of the schedule might actually regain some of the fire from the 90s that has been non-existent for most of the last decade.

The injuries have piled up on us the last few weeks so this bye week is coming at a great time.

Alabama's 2nd string is underrated IMHO. They are coached by Nick Saban after all. I think that makes them at least top 5. I mean really, Florida St is up there. You have to figure the Noles would be at least a 7 point underdog in a would be matchup with them.

The trick to beating LSU starts with your offensive line. You have to run between the tackles right at Mingo on 1st and 2nd down, keeping yourself in manageable 3rd down situations. If you're in 3rd and long all game, their front 4 will make it a long day for the quarterback, and their DB's are too good in coverage to force throws. Even if you're not getting any yards, you still have to stay committed to the run game.

Secondly, attack the flats in the passing game. Make their linebackers run sideline to sideline to cover your backs and TE's out of the backfield. You'll have some opportunities to hit 'em deep with wheel routes in one-on-one situations versus their linebackers if you keep attacking the flat in the passing game. There's not many offenses that have the matchup advantage in their favor over LSU when it comes to your receivers vs. their secondary.

I think the strategy for LSU defensively against Florida is going to be the same adjustment Muschamp made for the 2nd half of the Texas A&M game. LSU will play a lot of Chavis' stock C2 against a mobile quarterback in Driskel and force him to beat 'em from the pocket. DB's wont turn their back and run with receivers in man coverage so Driskel can scramble to convert 1st downs. They'll be in zone reading his drop, forcing him to make accurate throws in tight windows with timing.

There ain't nothing like the chess matches that go on the SEC anywhere else.

Can't wait to see WVU in the coming weeks.

U of L holding steady at #19. Charlie has to get this young team refocused over this bye week. I think finally facing a conventional offense in Pittsburgh on 10/13 will do wonders for this underacheiving defensive line. I'm sick of this spread - quick hit gimmick offenses we've faced so far. It will also help MIKE Preston Brown do what he does best: attack the running game and get TFLs. He has looked "uncomfortable" in coverage against this spread attacks.

or if the Gators get tripped up by Open Date.

Reminds me of the time they trolled dannyboycane over on scout where everyone was insisting to him that BYE was a team and danny was getting furious trying t correct them in usual danny fashion :lol:

Reminds me of the time they trolled dannyboycane over on scout where everyone was insisting to him that BYE was a team and danny was getting furious trying t correct them in usual danny fashion :lol:

:bobdole: That guy takes everything so seriously.

:lol: makes me want to join that board.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

:lol: makes me want to join that board.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

Danny addressing the rumors that he was killed in a bear attack, died of swine flu, is delinquent on child support and various other things. Dude has to have asperger's or something lol.

[video=youtube;yurU4YieBq4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yurU4YieBq4[/video]

Back
Top Bottom