April Draft Thoughts | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

April Draft Thoughts

Charles Harris was a terrible pick when we made it. I still have no idea what the hell they thought they saw on tape, because he never looked like a good player to me.
All of finheaven agrees with you. Every scout or personal who had any input on drafting Harris should be purged from the Miami Dolphins yesterday .

Lots of threads ... so will combine as many of my thoughts into 1 ....

Needs: #1 WR [don’t have], #1 CB [X while very good is already on creecky knees + and may want more $$$], EDGE (DE/OLB) [not ‘really‘ a NE style thing, more scheme ... but]

Considerations: T [are we good or not], C [same], S [could use upgrade, but not essential], MLB [like the McKinney signing, but is likely short term, and he isn’t a pillar of health either], RB [think we are ‘good enough’ now that we have a short yardage back] ...

Picks: 6, 18, 36, 50, 81 ... so 5x picks in top 100 ...

6: CHASE, PITTS are my 2x primary picks ... not sure either will be there with ATL + CIN picking in front of us ... While SEWELL should be in play for both, neither may go that route ... CB is also in play for ATL ... I prefer CHASE - a true outside threat, which is what we need the most.

For me, if they aren’t there - I would like to trade down as far as DEN - 9 ... and get WADDLE or PARSONS ... WADDLE is versatile, talented and FAST.

18: HORN, OJULARI are my 2x primary picks ... both could be there, particularly OJULARI. BOTH are primary needs [even with IGGY in RD 2 last year ... and OJULARI is perfect for our NE style DEF ... I would also consider trading back a few spaces to ~ 22 and still take OJULARI ...

36: Several ways to go here, but I would NOT take a RB here ... though I do like WILLIAMS ... depending on how things go ... COLLINS, BASHAM, NEWSOME, GRANT and I do like HOLLAND or even a COSMI ...

50: This is the ‘depends’ pick ... meaning ‘depending‘ how the FO feels about C, T, and RB ... since there is a long way to 81 ... so, I DO like HUMPHREY (A LOT) and WILLIAMS [earliest I would go RB] ... you could go MAYFIELD...

This is also why I do NOT want to trade UP from 18 ... and why if it fell right I would trade down from 6 or 18 or even both to get another pick(s) in this area !

81: Again, another it depends on what happens above, but I like ... ST BROWN, RODGERS, GAINWELL, TRYON, MEINERZ, COX ... GAINWELL is an underrated RB in this draft ...
Cornerback? Seriously? We have invested in X, massive contract Byron jones, and a number one last year in Iggy. Dude, corner is probably the position we need to invest in the least in terms of a high draft pick.

All of finheaven agrees with you. Every scout or personal who had any input on drafting Harris should be purged from the Miami Dolphins yesterday .

Purges from the NFL. IIRC, there were reports 2-3 more teams had Harris as a target in mid-R1.

Cornerback? Seriously? We have invested in X, massive contract Byron jones, and a number one last year in Iggy. Dude, corner is probably the position we need to invest in the least in terms of a high draft pick.
Brother, yes .. dead serious ... IF you take X out of the equation ... exactly how confident are you ... it IS a passing league. I’m in the minority... but I would take a top CB over a RB ...

Brother, yes .. dead serious ... IF you take X out of the equation ... exactly how confident are you ... it IS a passing league. I’m in the minority... but I would take a top CB over a RB ...
Probably yes..top CB over RB @18..but RB is still a more pressing need..take BPA! Always!

Well if it’s a passing
League then shouldn’t we also invest in the guys who actually catch passes and score touchdowns. X is it going anywhere as of yet. We already drafted a corner last year in the first round who hopefully will take a step
Forward. We need to invest in positions that set Tua up for success. We draft a corner in the first or second round again this year and we should shoot our front office.

Well, can agree to disagree I guess ... if you think that TUA is going to ‘light’ it up this year ... I think you will be VERY disappointed ... even if we drafted PITTS (or SMITH, CHASE or WADDLE), WILLIAMS (or ETIENNE or HARRIS) and a WR in the 1st 4x picks ... which ain’t happening anyway ...

It isn’t how we are going to play ... DEF is going to rule this team, just like it did in NE ... regardless of Brady ... here TUA ...

Well, can agree to disagree I guess ... if you think that TUA is going to ‘light’ it up this year ... I think you will be VERY disappointed ... even if we drafted PITTS (or SMITH, CHASE or WADDLE), WILLIAMS (or ETIENNE or HARRIS) and a WR in the 1st 4x picks ... which ain’t happening anyway ...

It isn’t how we are going to play ... DEF is going to rule this team, just like it did in NE ... regardless of Brady ... here TUA ...
I predict Tua will throw 32 tds

Back
Top Bottom