April Draft Thoughts | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

April Draft Thoughts

I pointed this out earlier in another thread, but I went to NFL.com and used Zierlein's numerical ratings (those are about as official as these things get), and there are a number of prospects who fit at 18. Oweh is ranked #19 there, for instance, and several others are in the low-mid 20s.
BPA might well be an edge.
i hear ya. They just need to be careful. Charles harris was ranked in the 20's and he got drafted around that area, but it did not turn out well. I am inclined to wait till 2nd round to go edge. Really need a guy who can come and help at that 18th pick. though i bet they trade down and grab a third and 5th.

i hear ya. They just need to be careful. Charles harris was ranked in the 20's and he got drafted around that area, but it did not turn out well. I am inclined to wait till 2nd round to go edge. Really need a guy who can come and help at that 18th pick. though i bet they trade down and grab a third and 5th.
I've been pretty open about my beliefs on here. I'd go Edge with both 1b and 2a, if we select a receiver as predicted with 1a.

Our pass rush is bad, and that's a shame because our CBs are so good. If we could actually generate some pass rush with just 4 or 5 men, our CBs would just blanket the opposing receivers. All that Cover Zero stuff they've been forced to endure would really be reduced.

I think we've fixed the run defense with the two DTs, and 3 LBs that we signed in Free Agency, but none of those 5 men rush the passer well.

Give the defense two edge rushing prospects and the offense can have every other pick that we have.

I am all in on Sewell with pick 6 we can get a top notch receiver at pick 36. Use pick 18 on an edge player then running back at pick 50
Id love for one of the 3 Harris, Eteinne or Williams to be there at 50 but doubt it. Harris is projected to go round 1 and the other two before middle second. Too early sure but if you want one of the 3 waiting till 50 is a gamble.

I see 2 options depending on how the board plays out and what Grier/Flo want:

A. Offensive Heavy B. Mix Defense Heavy (after slight trade back and picking up a 1st in 2022)
1a. Chase/Pitts/Smith 1a. Surtain/Horn
1b. Harris/Williams 1b. Parsons/Tryon/Rousseaux
2a. Creed/Dickerson 2a. J. Williams
2b. Edge/LB 2b. Amon Ra St. Brown/Dyami Brown

Just not where the value lies. RB should be a second rounder or very late first imo
Agree.....although the three top RB - Harris, Ettienne and Williams could all be gone by 36. There are a number of teams that need a RB - Jets, Pitt, JV, Falcons and Miami. As much as I like Williams at 36, I think he will be gone. And if not, I dont think Miami will pick a RB at 36. I think they will run with Gaskins and Ahmed. Not my choices, but DE, C, LB, OT, S are bigger issues to the FO than RB.
Personally, if we take a RB, then Carter from NC I think would be a good pickup in the 4th or 5th round.

I'd go Pitts then Phillips. Then take whi hever top 3 back is available then with our second 2nd rounder I take a wr. This draft is full of good wr and there will be ones still available imo

Yeah. Like, how much did Edwards-Helaire help KC in that Super Bowl?
Exactly why I am fine not going RB till atleast 2nd round.

The best offense in Football was shutdown due to defensive pressure. The SB cost 2 or 3 linemen their jobs from KC if I am not mistaken

If Mahomes has .5 seconds or even 1 second longer to throw or decide, that SB is completely different.

I will be happy if we get one of the pass catchers. However, thus is why I would prefer Sewell at 6 over everyone else.

Don't matter how many WR'S we have if Tua doesn't have time to throw.

That extra .5 seconds could be the difference between a sack or a 68 yard TD bomb to Fuller. The difference between a 3rd and 5 conversion on a quick slant to Parker or a batted dow pass at the LOS.

Perfect examples. Just look at the Arizona and KC games. Look at the 3rd quarter of the jets game. When Tua had time and was able to utilize his strengths, Tua looked legit. It also helped that our OC opened up the playback as well.

If we don't address the line, then I would go with the WR who created the most separation the quickest which was Smith if I am not mistaken

Washington really wants Trey Lance, our 6ths for Chase Young and 19th pick in the first. Maybe we send back a third. Having picks back to back. We get a game-changer and beast in Chase. Imagine Chase in our defense, with the changes we have made at lb , with our secondary. The draft is deep in wideouts, with a lot of very good guys projected to be available there. Bateman , Toney Maybe take Harris at 19. Or swallow up someone who is falling.
No way is chase young available imo

Feel decent about what I put out here .... I was off on the DE/EDGE, because I crossed PHILLIPS off the board due to his concussions, and for me personally I moved from OJULARI to PAYE, for many of the reasons i used for OJULARI ... but the position was there ...

I didn’t consider EICHENBERG, because I thought he’d be gone by then hence MAYFIELD even with a trade-up like we did ...

would have NEVER gave any thought to TE though ...

but overall. 👍👍👍. and great draft!!!

Back
Top Bottom