Aqua's evaluation of Culpepper vs. Pittsburgh | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Aqua's evaluation of Culpepper vs. Pittsburgh

Aqua4Ever04

Active Roster
Reaction score
I'm going over the film of the game right now, and I'm making not of all of Daunte's plays.

At the end of the first half, here is his list of stats and notes of balls thrown. (I will update it as I finish the tape.)

13 completions on 23 attempts, 198 yards, 4 underthrows, 3 over throws, 2 drops, 1 batted pass

1st half notes: A perfect strike to McMike over the middle for 10, and a BEAUTIFUL lob shot to Welker for 31 yards. He only took one shot downfield in which he underthrew to Chambers. Would've had a TD, but it bounced of Chambers' face mask on a perfectlly thrown jump ball. He had 3 staight incompletions inside the 10. One was a drop, one was thrown way out of bounds, and the other never really had a shot over the middle.

With what he was given, I think Daunte played a pretty good half of football.

EDIT: The Dolphins threw the ball 70% of the time in the first half.

2nd half notes: First pass play of the second half, Daunte escaped pressure and delieverd a perfect strike to Marty Booker. Daunte's mobility allowed Marty to get into space where he then took off for a 50 yard gain. Daunte is one of about 3 or 4 QBs who can make a play like that IMO. Terrible overthrow in the back of the end zone where he had Chambers wide open.

he will be better this week, if we run the ball we win

he was just rusty that and chris had a bad game until the second half when him and cpep got into a pretty good rythym, on the 3rd and 2 in the 4th i thought instead of pitching the ball back 4 yards, i thought maybe a quick slant to chris or have mcmike go on an out

Why do people continue to talk about a game that is a week and half old you have to move forward.

Okay as I'm finishing the film, I am seeing some horrible throws and decisions by Daunte. Throw out that 4th quarter, he played a very good game. Basically, he just had 1 bad quarter and I am 100% confident, that he is one of the best QBs in the NFL.

I'm not going to tally the 4th quarter totals. My list on the first post is the first 3 quarters statistics.

Brown42000 said:
Why do people continue to talk about a game that is a week and half old you have to move forward.

Oh I'm sorry, I'll never bring that game up again okay? I just don't understand why it's so difficult for you to just stay out of the thread if you have nothing constructive to say. I think that would be the east route, don't you? By the way, it's only a week old. It's not like there has been another game since then. People were talking about the New England game last year for several weeks after.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Oh I'm sorry, I'll never bring that game up again okay? I just don't understand why it's so difficult for you to just stay out of the thread if you have nothing constructive to say. I think that would be the east route, don't you?
I'm just trying to look forward I hate talking about a loss and just when I thought the talk about the Steeler game was done you have a thread like this, but whatever.

all aqua is doing is giving his opinion on the game, he is trying to put some confidence down to all the whiners.

he is just showing what he thought, if you didnt want to see what he said dont read the thread

brandon1986 said:
all aqua is doing is giving his opinion on the game, he is trying to put some confidence down to all the whiners.

he is just showing what he thought, if you didnt want to see what he said dont read the thread

Thanks Brandon, and you're right. I'm just putting my input in and trying to give all the complainers one more reason to jump back on before it's too late.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Thanks Brandon, and you're right. I'm just putting my input in and trying to give all the complainers one more reason to jump back on before it's too late.
The complainers who jump off after one game aren't real fans and if they jump off let them stay off.

Brown42000 said:
The complainers who jump off after one game aren't real fans and if they jump off let them stay off.

True that. I've been saying that a lot lately and I couldn't agree more with you.

This week we should be able to run, look what NE did against the Jills last week. That should help Daunte's game immensely.

its hard to make plays when you have 0 running game.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Throw out that 4th quarter, he played a very good game. Basically, he just had 1 bad quarter and I am 100% confident, that he is one of the best QBs in the NFL.

So he's one of the best qb even though he had a horrible qtr which happens to be crunch time?

Back
Top Bottom