Are a couple crappy wins really worth it guys? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are a couple crappy wins really worth it guys?

No, I don't recall RG3 being drafted first overall, because he wasn't. Really, if you bothered to actually look at the history of the 1st overall pick in the NFL draft, quarterbacks drafted 1st overall are much more likely to win championships and become Super Bowl MVPs. I posted about that back in 2011. You always want to have that first pick in every round, but especially in rounds 1 and 2.

I’d love to see that study. Did it start before 2000 and all the rule changes? Since 2000 the first overall pick has won 4 out of the 18 Super Bowls and none without the last name of Manning (if were considering Eli the first overall pick). Furthermore both of Eli’s and one of Peytons were backed by stellar defensive performances. What team does the QB we were tanking for in 2011 play for again? How many Super Bowls does he have?

“That guy” is a very subjective term when it comes to QBs. Many HoF QBs are a product of the systems they played in. Does Brady win 6 Super Bowls if NE doesn’t pick him and he goes undrafted? Does Brees rejuvenate his career after 2 rotator cuff surgeries on his throwing arm in San Diego if he does not end up in New Orleans? Tua might be a great NFL QB down the road. That doesn’t mean he will be great in Miami. It’s all about finding the players who do the things the coaching staff wants and building around them. I don’t think it matters how many games we win; we will get the QB the coaching staff and FO wants come April.

Honestly, no. I can't blame athletes for trying to win. But we went from the #1 pick a few weeks ago, to possibly the #6 pick with this win. Don't be surprised if we blow this treasure trove of draft picks just to move back up to #1. Ugh. That would be the worst possible thing we could do, and we'll probably do it.

Gosh, I hope you're wrong.

My nipples perk up (tmi?) at the thought of drafting 3 first rounders. THREE first rounders. Man, oh man. A Madden game can become reality.

But, hey, if they've made their decision- go get him.

We'll probably be in position to draft 1 of the top 3 QBs. I'd sit back and take the one that falls.

After all, it's Tua this and Burrow that but, ALL of Finheaven, admit to yourselves that we just don't know. We haven't a single idea of what these guys will become in the NFL. Are the odds greater with the #1 prospect? Ofcourse.

The front office has proven they know how to make moves. The coaching staff has proven/are proving themselves keeping a bunch of less than mediocre players working hard. I'm with whatever decision they make.

Doesn’t matter if some fans are rooting for wins. Doesn’t mean Miami will win. If that was the trick, we would have won Super Bowl after Super bowl.

Well the number1 pick would be nice to have. The top 5 or 6 QB’s in the NFL where all taken from the 10th pick on.

True but we could have traded that #1 pick for a kings ransom and took another teams future. Or took the top QB in the draft to make if easy for our FO.

the thing is we may actually have a good staff. if they can win with this team, or I should say keep this team in games is a huge accomplishment. nothing is ever guaranteed when it comes to the draft. we just have to let it play out.

Gosh, I hope you're wrong.

My nipples perk up (tmi?) at the thought of drafting 3 first rounders. THREE first rounders. Man, oh man. A Madden game can become reality.

But, hey, if they've made their decision- go get him.

We'll probably be in position to draft 1 of the top 3 QBs. I'd sit back and take the one that falls.

After all, it's Tua this and Burrow that but, ALL of Finheaven, admit to yourselves that we just don't know. We haven't a single idea of what these guys will become in the NFL. Are the odds greater with the #1 prospect? Ofcourse.

The front office has proven they know how to make moves. The coaching staff has proven/are proving themselves keeping a bunch of less than mediocre players working hard. I'm with whatever decision they make.
Yeah, everyone was certain it was Tua all the way … now he may be the 3rd QB drafted, who knows. Whomever is the best prospect, that's who I want. Someone that will take THIS offense and make it great.

This fan base on this site is pathetic after these games. One week we lose bad it’s fire the coaching staff we should be trying to win

next game we win and it’s Flores is ****ing up tank mode how dare he

I’m ecstatic with this coaching staff right now and it gives me hope. A good coach and staff are just as important as the QB if not more.

If it keeps going this way then let the chips fall where they may and Grier better be a good GM. If so, he’ll make something happen. I’ll worry about that when the time comes. Right now I’m having fun watching Flores and his staff and watching some young talent blossom before our eyes.

Flores was never in on tanking. What’s wrong with you people

This fan base on this site is pathetic after these games. One week we lose bad it’s fire the coaching staff we should be trying to win

next game we win and it’s Flores is ****ing up tank mode how dare he

I’m ecstatic with this coaching staff right now and it gives me hope. A good coach and staff are just as important as the QB if not more.

If it keeps going this way then let the chips fall where they may and Grier better be a good GM. If so, he’ll make something happen. I’ll worry about that when the time comes. Right now I’m having fun watching Flores and his staff and watching some young talent blossom before our eyes.

Flores was never in on tanking. What’s wrong with you people

People are angry because these wins may mean that the Dolphins approach to a rebuild may be different than their own.

What scares me the most about Tua and Burrows is that they both come from powerhouse teams.
Teams well coached and game planned and ballers all around them.
Is this the true reason for these guys success ?

I’m not even sure we can give too much credit to the coaching staff yet. We beat a bad Jets team and a Colts team on their 3rd QB. Pointless wins that will hurt our draft position in all rounds. Totally not worth it.

A dumb post. We hired Flores and it’s looking good at this point and his staff also. Keep living in the past dude, you’ll find it’s a miserable place

A dumb post. We could have said the same thing about Gase after making the playoffs the first year. Time will tell with Flores. So far he has been far from perfect. He couldn’t make it work with Minkah And now Minkah is on his way to a allpro season. Flores wins 2 games and you think thats enough to claim he is the savior? With this franchise nobody gets the benefit of the doubt. Ill need to see success before ill believe it.

I know it's great to see our team win. And I know there is no guarantee that the #1 QB will be a great pick. But having to settle for the 3rd or 4th qb in the draft will not make chances better.

The bottom line is it has been DECADES of misery for all of us. Iamagine how much easier things will be if we get "that" guy at qb.

I am numb to the losing at this point.

I am thrilled that we found a coach. That is huge. But until we find a qb we will be the same mediocre team we have been watching for 2+ decades

:mad:
Simple. The players and coaches are trying to win, the fans have zero input in the result and the FO stripped the team of talent to lose.

The record and draft will take care of themselves. Just enjoy the ride.

Back
Top Bottom