Are a couple crappy wins really worth it guys? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are a couple crappy wins really worth it guys?

I feel like you have these cliche sayings saved so you can just insert these meaningless phrases when appropriate. How many years can you post jibberish like 'enjoy the ride' until you realize how ridiculous you sound? This is around year 20 of irrelevance, give or take. How's that ride treatin ya? You enjoying it?

I feel like I am in the twilight zone with the reaction to these wins. Of all fan bases, this one should know about meaningless wins when Matt Moore took us out of the Andrew Luck sweepstakes and we got Ryan Tannehill. But here we go with generic cliches to justify picking 7th in the draft as teams ahead of us get franchise QBs while we are going start fitzpatrick after hes eligible for Medicare in the offseason.

I feel like I am in the twilight zone with the reaction to these wins. Of all fan bases, this one should know about meaningless wins when Matt Moore took us out of the Andrew Luck sweepstakes and we got Ryan Tannehill. But here we go with generic cliches to justify picking 7th in the draft as teams ahead of us get franchise QBs while we are going start fitzpatrick after hes eligible for Medicare in the offseason.

Those wins didn’t take us out of anything. Instead of drafting Tannehill and Jonathan Martin, imagine they draft kuechly and Russell Wilson. The franchise would still be set up and they didn’t have to lose out to achieve it.

Those wins didn’t take us out of anything. Instead of drafting Tannehill and Jonathan Martin, imagine they draft kuechly and Russell Wilson. The franchise would still be set up and they didn’t have to lose out to achieve it.

I think we missed out on about 4 playoff appearances and an AFC title game. And you act like our front office is stellar at talent acquisition. We need layups at the QB position. Luck and Tua were/are layups. More power to you if you have faith in Grier to find a future hall of famer at QB in the 3rd round. We cant even find guards in the third round.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fitzpatrick is turning into the best safety in the NFL and Tunsil is now rated as one of the best LT‘s in the league. These two were choices made by the Dolphins in the first round of the draft but unfortunately they
are playing their best football for the teams the Dolphins traded them to.

It is very hard to stomach, but necessary. The only way that Flores was going to change the culture was getting rid of all the disgruntled players and starting fresh. I hated seeing it, but now realize it had to be done.

Finding out our coach is a good one by having him coach up a group of scrubs for a few wins........yes it's a win win. We win games, we know our coach has a good system, we lose we get good draft picks. I'd rather have a good coach with a good system and know that going into the next draft.

No, I don't recall RG3 being drafted first overall, because he wasn't. Really, if you bothered to actually look at the history of the 1st overall pick in the NFL draft, quarterbacks drafted 1st overall are much more likely to win championships and become Super Bowl MVPs. I posted about that back in 2011. You always want to have that first pick in every round, but especially in rounds 1 and 2.
I like this post. Let me ask you this. Of all the Superbowl winning teams in the last 30 years, how many won a Superbowl with a QB drafted #1 overall?

when going qb hunting, not sure theres much difference between 1 and 4 or 6.... tua is NOT a cant miss, nor anyone else.

A lot of fans have DMarinoitus, thinking a QB will cure all. Even WITH DMarino and back when Fins had good coaching and ownership, they werent exactly dominating the NFL most years.

people who think a higher draft pick is going to magically change this franchise are delusional. Fact is, Miami had a good enough QB recently. It’s all the OTHER stuff that matters along with it. Bret Stafford is a good QB. What have the Lions done?

If Flores is changing the culture and building, and some success comes his way- REJOICE!

Because really that is what’s needed mostof all if this ship is ever getting turned.

Last edited:
How did "losing all the picks" work out for Ditka when he traded away EVERYTHING for one player; Ricky Williams?
It would be foolish to expend our picks to move up.

Talk about apples and oranges.

And even if you insist on making such an outlandish comparison (i.e. moving up for a RB in 1999 vs. moving up for a QB in 2019), the Saints won their division and made the playoffs for the first time in nearly a decade following that move.

Still.... not sure where you're trying to go with that one.

I know it's great to see our team win. And I know there is no guarantee that the #1 QB will be a great pick. But having to settle for the 3rd or 4th qb in the draft will not make chances better.

The bottom line is it has been DECADES of misery for all of us. Iamagine how much easier things will be if we get "that" guy at qb.

I am numb to the losing at this point.

I am thrilled that we found a coach. That is huge. But until we find a qb we will be the same mediocre team we have been watching for 2+ decades

:mad:
you gonna go out there and break some legs and post some death threats or something? because that's how you go to jail. you could always try to go to a game and throw some **** at the players and boo them every time they do something positive? Other than those idiotic choices how exactly do you plan to ensure the dolphins lose games? Might as well suck it up and either root for them to win, or lose, but don't bitch about "was it worth it?!" because nothing that happens on that field is affected by the online community.

Talk about apples and oranges.

And even if you insist on making such an outlandish comparison (i.e. moving up for a RB in 1999 vs. moving up for a QB in 2019), the Saints won their division and made the playoffs for the first time in nearly a decade following that move.

Still.... not sure where you're trying to go with that one.
Only if by 'following that move' you mean two years later in a season where Williams only played 10 games, then I guess you could call it a success. But in reality, trading all of his picks for Williams wasn't.....Ricky ended up playing 38 games in New Orleans over three years and ran for 3,100 yards and only a 3.8 ypc average. He was a good player in New Orleans but did not meet expectations. And the team was 20-28 in that three year span, so, no, we aren't talking about the team breaking out.

I know it's great to see our team win. And I know there is no guarantee that the #1 QB will be a great pick. But having to settle for the 3rd or 4th qb in the draft will not make chances better.

The bottom line is it has been DECADES of misery for all of us. Iamagine how much easier things will be if we get "that" guy at qb.

I am numb to the losing at this point.

I am thrilled that we found a coach. That is huge. But until we find a qb we will be the same mediocre team we have been watching for 2+ decades

:mad:

Dangerous Animal.jpg

I think were seeing something fairly spectacular here, everyone forgets or just brushes aside the fact that Grier traded or flatly got rid of 80% of the football talent on this team, half of better talent left Grier has on IR. What Flores has accomplished he really should not of been able to accomplish without being a special coach and having assembled a special staff...when other coaches talked about Shula in the early day's they said he would beat you with his team and then could take yours and beat you still. We are seeing some of that in Flores. .

Have to say both Grier and Flores have done there jobs rather well, the arrow is pointing up for the Dolphins.

Back
Top Bottom