Are All Interceptions Equal-check out Henne! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are All Interceptions Equal-check out Henne!

To me this just shows how well our defense played when they were suddenly thrust back onto the field via Henne pick. No doubt Henne was a major factor in a few of the games we lost.

It does'nt matter what stat we put up for Henne he's still going to be a B/UP..........

Henne didnt take alot of chances..We all know that ..But did that get us a winning record last year?

Nope 7 and 9.... Henne threw picks when they counted tho too..The Browns game came right to mind..

If he is throwing this many INT's when playing conservative do we dare to explore how many he will throw when playing aggressive?

A couple of points to raise here.

1. NOTE that they say multiple times in the explanation that their analysis is INCOMPLETE. It only covers how costly the interceptions were on the offensive side of the ball. It did not cover how costly the interceptions were on the defensive side of the ball. In other words, you give the other team the ball on your own side of the field, the other team is likely to score from it. Almost all of Chad Henne's interceptions were thrown on his own half of the field.

2. Maybe I'll be accused of being a glass-half-full guy but if anything I find this to be even more concerning about Chad Henne. When you throw 19 interceptions you know you've screwed up and you need to take that number down. But this study provides evidence that the offense wasn't bad because Chad Henne threw interceptions. They didn't come in 30th in the league in scoring because of interceptions. That's concerning, to me...because I've been saying all along the interceptions are not what made Henne a bad starting quarterback. If you dialed down his interceptions to a modest 10 instead of 19, the offense still would have only jumped one spot in the rankings...from #30 to #29. That's it. With Brandon Marshall, Davone Bess, Brian Hartline, Anthony Fasano, Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams...that's just damn disturbing. Would it really matter than Henne had an 83.0 QB Rating? He'd have still not been getting the job done.

1. NOTE that they say multiple times in the explanation that their analysis is INCOMPLETE. It only covers how costly the interceptions were on the offensive side of the ball. It did not cover how costly the interceptions were on the defensive side of the ball. In other words, you give the other team the ball on your own side of the field, the other team is likely to score from it. Almost all of Chad Henne's interceptions were thrown on his own half of the field.

2. Maybe I'll be accused of being a glass-half-full guy but if anything I find this to be even more concerning about Chad Henne. When you throw 19 interceptions you know you've screwed up and you need to take that number down. But this study provides evidence that the offense wasn't bad because Chad Henne threw interceptions. They didn't come in 30th in the league in scoring because of interceptions. That's concerning, to me...because I've been saying all along the interceptions are not what made Henne a bad starting quarterback. If you dialed down his interceptions to a modest 10 instead of 19, the offense still would have only jumped one spot in the rankings...from #30 to #29. That's it. With Brandon Marshall, Davone Bess, Brian Hartline, Anthony Fasano, Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams...that's just damn disturbing. Would it really matter than Henne had an 83.0 QB Rating? He'd have still not been getting the job done.

Dare I say that if we were better in the Red zone last year we could have had a slightly better year?

I think most would agree with that.

Is this list suppose to be impressive? Ronnie and Ricky averaged 3.6 yards. Fassano is a below average TE. No deep threat in that list. I am suprised you didn't put Jake Long, but he was the only OL to play worth a crap? The one thing that should be mentioned here isn't. That is the crappy play calling of the OC. It sucks for who ever is behind center when one the DB knows what route the receiver is going to run and 2 the defense knows that there is no chance of a 3 step drop. Henne needs to play better....duh, just like the other 2 QB that started in the last 2 years for us. The big thing is in order the really judge a QB, the offense can't be a fiasco like ours was.

Fasano is actually, when considering receiving AND blocking, one of the better TEs in the league.

But this is a passing league and he's a sub-par receiver

I just want to take this opportunity to say that I can't stand Mark Sanchez. Thanks!

Dare I say that if we were better in the Red zone last year we could have had a slightly better year?

I think most would agree with that.

If you're better in the red zone, you're always better as a team.

But I would say Miami's problems had more to do with getting INTO the red zone, than what they did when they actually were in the red zone.

Is this list suppose to be impressive? Ronnie and Ricky averaged 3.6 yards. Fassano is a below average TE. No deep threat in that list. I am suprised you didn't put Jake Long, but he was the only OL to play worth a crap? The one thing that should be mentioned here isn't. That is the crappy play calling of the OC. It sucks for who ever is behind center when one the DB knows what route the receiver is going to run and 2 the defense knows that there is no chance of a 3 step drop. Henne needs to play better....duh, just like the other 2 QB that started in the last 2 years for us. The big thing is in order the really judge a QB, the offense can't be a fiasco like ours was.

Disagree with almost everything, right down to the fact that Ronnie and Ricky averaged 3.9 yards per carry not 3.6, and they averaged 4.0 yards per carry on 1st and 2nd down. The Falcons, Packers, Ravens and Colts didn't average much (if any) more in the ground game. They did alright on offense.

And I think with a better quarterback, a WRs unit that features Brandon Marshall, Davone Bess and Brian Hartline would become the envy of many teams. Anthony Fasano one of the most underrated TEs in the league, had a great year.

CK's points are more then valid. It was/is the same concern I had watching last season. Some drives Henne looked like a damn superstar and then bamn three plays to stall a drive, kick/punt. I am not sure if that is on the offensive coordinator, Chad Henne, the receivers, backs or as I would like to say, it is a team sport so all of the above.

One more point to raise in this analysis that has to do with the opposite side of the ball, defense. The fact that in 2010 the defense took the ball away and capitalized far less on the opportunities they had compared to the 2009 and 2008 teams lead to far less offensive opportunities. The more you have the ball the better the chance that you score points.

More then one factor lead to the troubling offense last season, Henne deserves his fair share of the blame but other people need to look in the mirror as well.

Disagree with almost everything, right down to the fact that Ronnie and Ricky averaged 3.9 yards per carry not 3.6, and they averaged 4.0 yards per carry on 1st and 2nd down. The Falcons, Packers, Ravens and Colts didn't average much (if any) more in the ground game. They did alright on offense.

And I think with a better quarterback, a WRs unit that features Brandon Marshall, Davone Bess and Brian Hartline would become the envy of many teams. Anthony Fasano one of the most underrated TEs in the league, had a great year.
That is why we are so bent on keeping them both right?

eli manning threw 25 int's? carson palmer 20? wtf? i guess that throws some perspective in here when considering henne's competition.

eli manning threw 25 int's? carson palmer 20? wtf? i guess that throws some perspective in here when considering henne's competition.
The Henne haters are going to hate and blow stuff way out of proportion. Bottom line is yes Henne needs to play better, but he needs not only players around him, but an offense that has worked this Century without the band-aid of a gadget offense that temporilily masked how inept of an offense as a whole we have, regardless of who the QB was.

Back
Top Bottom