Are any of you concerned about Van Noy going to NE? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are any of you concerned about Van Noy going to NE?

Do you think Miami's defense will suffer this year as a result of Kyle Van Noy going to New England?

• Total voters
He is a good player but not a game wrecker. He will make some plays against us but it's not like we will have to game plan around him.

All those years we spent like crazy in the off-season never worked out for us. I'm hoping for the same results from NE. I can't even think of any team in history that benefited from overspending in FA. Not in the long run anyway.

I agree with you.

I think some people in this thread have misunderstood me. I'm not making him out to be a great player and that I'm so sad we lost him. I'm asking if you think he could deliver enough information about our defense to Belichick to hurt the team.

Look, I was disappointed by Van Noy's play last year. He was a liability in run defense, and even though his forte is supposed to be pass coverage, he was burned quite a bit. Plus, that time Josh Allen trucked him was flat out embarrassing. I was surprised when he was cut, but I understand why. He was given a nice, fat contract and despite his decent sack total, he underperformed. I get it. I than Van Ginkel will be a much better player, once given more reps.
Players and coaches change teams all the time and I would assume they pass along any information they feel might help their new team beat their former team. I don’t think Van Noy going to the Patriots is going to affect the outcome of the games when the two teams meet in regards to the information he might might give to the Patriots about the Dolphins defense and offense.

The game is going to come down to which team plays better on game day. Just as it does in every game played in the NFL.

Aggressive? You’re reaching Dude
LOL...Oh, c'mon, man! You tell me that I "might want to give up watching pro sports" if I believe what I wrote, implying that I know nothing about how professional sports works. You threw a thinly veiled insult at me, and when I called you out on it, you then said I'm overreacting. That's being passive aggressive -- and then doubling down on it. Even though I did nothing to insult you, you threw one at me. I have no problem with someone who throws and insult at me if I did something to them. I just don't get people that act douchey to strangers on message boards. I don't know if I pissed you off in another thread or something. If I did, I'm sorry. There are a good deal of posters in this thread that strongly disagreed with me, but did it civilly. That's all I ask for.

LOL...Oh, c'mon, man! You tell me that I "might want to give up watching pro sports" if I believe what I wrote, implying that I know nothing about how professional sports works. You threw a thinly veiled insult at me, and when I called you out on it, you then said I'm overreacting. That's being passive aggressive -- and then doubling down on it. Even though I did nothing to insult you, you threw one at me. I have no problem with someone who throws and insult at me if I did something to them. I just don't get people that act douchey to strangers on message boards. I don't know if I pissed you off in another thread or something. If I did, I'm sorry. There are a good deal of posters in this thread that strongly disagreed with me, but did it civilly. That's all I ask for.
Relax, don’t get all excited. At the end of the day we’re not changing the world. And stop having anxiety of other players moving on to NE, that’s sports

I'm concerned about Kyle Van Noy going back to New England this year. He seemed extremely bitter about being cut and I know he'll probably do anything he can to try and make the Dolphins look foolish for doing so, including giving Belichick as much information about our defense as he can. This isn't a nose tackle or defensive end going to a division rival - this is a quarterback of the defense going to a division rival. Coach Flores and Coach Boyer are smart guys and I'm sure they'll change things up so this year's defensive playbook isn't exactly the same as the one Van Noy learned. I just hope it's enough. I have bad memories of us cutting Keith Byars back in 1996 and him giving the New England coaching staff everything he knew about our offense, which was quite a bit.

What do you all think?

I am more worried that I will forget that I have a pizza in the oven!

Back
Top Bottom