Are any of you concerned about Van Noy going to NE? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are any of you concerned about Van Noy going to NE?

Do you think Miami's defense will suffer this year as a result of Kyle Van Noy going to New England?

• Total voters
I thought better than Ok but it depends on the definition of Ok. To me guys like Clamming Chowder and Sam Euguaven were “ok”. So for me, KCN was better than ok. Not losing sleep over it though.
Clamming Chowder hah that's pretty witty. He was as mediocre as they come. Sam Euguaven is definitely below that, a bottom 30% player. I would tend to agree with you that KVN is a step above CC and a big step above Euguaven...

Van Noy was a decent player when healthy but wasn’t worth the money he would have made this coming season if he had remained with the Dolphins. Obviously he will have extra incentive when the Patriots play the Dolphins but I am not worried about him anymore than any other player on the Patriots.

Pats are going to give any team problems. Not saying they’ll make the playoffs, they’ll just be a pain to play against.

I worry because I believe he is a real good player that played injured last year..I don’t know why we got rid of the player except they must of saw serious decline in his play

I worry because I believe he is a real good player that played injured last year..I don’t know why we got rid of the player except they must of saw serious decline in his play
I think there were 10 million reasons + AVG can actually do more things.

He may not have the veteran savvy yet, but I would rather give him the opportunity to gain that experience.

An
I think there were 10 million reasons + AVG can actually do more things.

He may not have the veteran savvy yet, but I would rather give him the opportunity to gain that experience.
Can’t debate that, they are similar players.

I guess it’s the right move with Gink, McKinney and Baker..

Not sure though

Flores worked for BB. Prob know each other like the back of their hands

They believe Van Ginkel can give them the same or better production than Van Noy did at a much cheaper price. Also with their faith in Baker and the trade for McKinney, Van Noy would have been paid millions while his playing time would have been greatly reduced.

While Van Noy played fairly well when he wasn’t injured. The reality is Van Ginkel played better than Van Noy over the latter part of the 2020 season.

Naw, not worried. He’s past his prime and isn’t going to impact the game all that much.

I agree with you.

I think some people in this thread have misunderstood me. I'm not making him out to be a great player and that I'm so sad we lost him. I'm asking if you think he could deliver enough information about our defense to Belichick to hurt the team.

Look, I was disappointed by Van Noy's play last year. He was a liability in run defense, and even though his forte is supposed to be pass coverage, he was burned quite a bit. Plus, that time Josh Allen trucked him was flat out embarrassing. I was surprised when he was cut, but I understand why. He was given a nice, fat contract and despite his decent sack total, he underperformed. I get it. I than Van Ginkel will be a much better player, once given more reps.

VN should be grateful to Miami. He got way more money last year than he was worth and more than NE or anyone else offered him.

Back
Top Bottom