Are any players safe? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are any players safe?

steveincolorado

R.I.P. Max
Reaction score
I just got done watching the 1985 playoff game against Cleveland. Guess who's playing QB? Bernie Kosar. With all the talk of how close Saban and Belichick are with being friends and how thier systems are close and how close they are about the team concept and who they sign and ect. It got me thinking, We all think with our hearts that there are a couple of current players that are going to be Dolphins no matter what, Who cut Mr. Cleveland Brown, the one Browns player that was going to retire as a Brown and nobody could touch him? I believe it was coach Belichick. We can all talk about how he failed in Cleveland and blah, blah, blah, but that tells me that no one player is above the organization. I'am not saying lets get rid of so and so, but don't be surprised if coach Saban makes some bold moves.

I also want to add that every player that Saban brings in won't be a stud. He'll sign 80 guys plus whatever we send to Europe, and he'll have to cut 40 or so guys. Some of his moves won't pan out. Some people on here say that we won't be any good for 2-3 years and that we're rebuilding. So far, by the moves he's made, we're not rebuilding. He's only cut a handful of players and really the moves he's made are no different than any other team.

Does anybody else see us starting 5-6 rookies like coach Johnson did in 1996? At this time I don't. I don't see a major overhaul in the roster at this point in time. Just my opinion.

steveincolorado said:
I just got done watching the 1985 playoff game against Cleveland. Guess who's playing QB? Bernie Kosar. With all the talk of how close Saban and Belichick are with being friends and how thier systems are close and how close they are about the team concept and who they sign and ect. It got me thinking, We all think with our hearts that there are a couple of current players that are going to be Dolphins no matter what, Who cut Mr. Cleveland Brown, the one Browns player that was going to retire as a Brown and nobody could touch him? I believe it was coach Belichick. We can all talk about how he failed in Cleveland and blah, blah, blah, but that tells me that no one player is above the organization. I'am not saying lets get rid of so and so, but don't be surprised if coach Saban makes some bold moves.

I also want to add that every player that Saban brings in won't be a stud. He'll sign 80 guys plus whatever we send to Europe, and he'll have to cut 40 or so guys. Some of his moves won't pan out. Some people on here say that we won't be any good for 2-3 years and that we're rebuilding. So far, by the moves he's made, we're not rebuilding. He's only cut a handful of players and really the moves he's made are no different than any other team.

Does anybody else see us starting 5-6 rookies like coach Johnson did in 1996? At this time I don't. I don't see a major overhaul in the roster at this point in time. Just my opinion.

I can only see us starting 3 rookies this year. One will be at RB, one at S and if we switch to 3-4 then one at LB.

PhinDude88 said:
I can only see us starting 3 rookies this year. One will be at RB, one at S and if we switch to 3-4 then one at LB.

The question I have for you then is, how can we say that we are going to maybe start 3 rookies when there's been no draft yet? We as fans have no clue what coach Saban is thinking. I'am excited as he)), but only because there has been a change. Who knows maybe he and Rick will have a draft were we are going to find 5 or 6 starters, but really I have no clue.

steveincolorado said:
The question I have for you then is, how can we say that we are going to maybe start 3 rookies when there's been no draft yet? We as fans have no clue what coach Saban is thinking. I'am excited as he)), but only because there has been a change. Who knows maybe he and Rick will have a draft were we are going to find 5 or 6 starters, but really I have no clue.

That is how many i think will start in my opinion.

Believe it or not i feel like we don't need to rebuild excet on some spots on d. when smad leaves poole/howard. good there. Thomas 2-3 yearsleft in comes Pope good there. Really no young de's to replace taylor but if go to a 3-4 who cares. seau after this year in comes moore(Still not sold on him though more sold oynbendyagio or however its spelled. but my point is wanny picked upquit a few good young player with the exception of Jamar(toast) Fletcher. the problem was he was a terrible coach

Bigjbizzle2 said:
Believe it or not i feel like we don't need to rebuild excet on some spots on d. when smad leaves poole/howard. good there. Thomas 2-3 yearsleft in comes Pope good there. Really no young de's to replace taylor but if go to a 3-4 who cares. seau after this year in comes moore(Still not sold on him though more sold oynbendyagio or however its spelled. but my point is wanny picked upquit a few good young player with the exception of Jamar(toast) Fletcher. the problem was he was a terrible coach

How come you can't spell Ayanbadejo?:)

Back
Top Bottom