Are Dolphins finally the team they expected to be? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are Dolphins finally the team they expected to be?

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Dave Hyde Sun Sentinel Columnist 8:02 p.m. EST, November 19, 2011

The season is done. The era is over. The water is boiling. The moving truck is beeping on back.

But now, only now, do we get to see if this Dolphins team in November is the one some of us thought it could have been back in September when everything still mattered.
Suddenly, everyone (including me) is picking the Dolphins to win against Buffalo today. Suddenly, everyone is treating a Sunday afternoon like it's a "Dinner is served" bell.

Suddenly, the Dolphins defense looks capable of big plays and there's this feeling Matt Moore is doing as much as the injured Chad Henne would have at quarterback.

For the last two games against competition admittedly below sea level, the Dolphins played like a competent team. Again. Maybe even a decent team. Again. Maybe even …

"Playoffs, man," linebacker Karlos Dansby asked.

Uh, no.

"No reason we can't run the table," he said.

This is their competitive DNA finally kicking in. But they'd have to win their final seven games, and you have to do some creative analysis to conclude that is possible. Let's just have a show of hands for who is on board for that. Well?

Anyone?

"It can be done," Dansby said.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/columnists/fl-hyde-dolphins-1120-20111119,0,2890449.column

I don't think so at all, after all we were supposed to have Henne as our starter and not Moore. I think those 2 games were won because the teams we played stunk! We are considered a trap team now. Nothing more nothing less. Its a shame we had to start 0-7. So typical of coach Sparano. He knows nothing of how to start off with a winning or .500 record. Its 0-2, 0-3, 07, 0 and whatever every single year with this bumb. I want him out asap!

P.S Just look at that guy in San Fran! Pretty much same personel as last year with Singleteray. Coaching is everything in the NFL, unless your QB is the coach like Manning than coaching can change the mood of an orginization in a little matter of time. We better not wiff on getting a coach that can lead these group of men in that lockeroom!

I don't think so at all, after all we were supposed to have Henne as our starter and not Moore. I think those 2 games were won because the teams we played stunk! We are considered a trap team now. Nothing more nothing less. Its a shame we had to start 0-7. So typical of coach Sparano. He knows nothing of how to start off with a winning or .500 record. Its 0-2, 0-3, 07, 0 and whatever every single year with this bumb. I want him out asap!

P.S Just look at that guy in San Fran! Pretty much same personel as last year with Singleteray. Coaching is everything in the NFL, unless your QB is the coach like Manning than coaching can change the mood of an orginization in a little matter of time. We better not wiff on getting a coach that can lead these group of men in that lockeroom!
I hear you. But what if all the S4L talk lit a fire under the team(I was included in this crowd). My worst nightmare is we finish the season strong and Ireland and Sparano are retained. I may commit Hari-Kari if that happens.:rolleyes2:

People, they beat the Chiefs and the Redskins. Let me know when they beat a real team.

I hear you. But what if all the S4L talk lit a fire under the team(I was included in this crowd). My worst nightmare is we finish the season strong and Ireland and Sparano are retained. I may commit Hari-Kari if that happens.:rolleyes2:
It hasn't seemed to light a fire under the Colts.

At the beginning of he season every loss costs us something. Now every win cost us something. As fans we just seem to get screwed coming and going. Now to top it off the Dolphins will probably win three more games down the stretch and and miss out on the top 3-4 QB's in the draft and Ross will decide to give Tony another year because of the progress,

And next year we will repeat it all over again just like the last 10 years...

The team is finally playing like we all thought they would. Will it last ? Probably not and i still think Tony's gone and we get our QB in the draft. In the mean time just enjoy the few wins we pull out. The future will take care of it's self.
I'd love to see our win streak go to 4 with wins over Buf and Dallas.Too much to ask ? Probably but after almost a year of nothing but loses at least we have something to root for. It's thanksgiving soon. Eat , drink and root for your team. As a fan that's really all we can do.

now those odd games against Cleveland, Houston, San Diego, and the collapse against NY and Denver loom large...go just 2-3 in those and you're 4-5 and actually not that far off the pace.

Back
Top Bottom