Are Dolphins Picks Ready For Prime Time? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are Dolphins Picks Ready For Prime Time?

So Be

Club Member
Reaction score
Miami has lots of draft picks, who will be counted on this year, in order to make a payoff run. We have Tannehill, Miller, DT, Sims, Clay, Egnew, Martin, Jerry and, Pouncey, on O. We have Vernon, Misi, Jordan, Taylor, Davis, and count jones as well.

These are players who are playing on their rookie contracts, and account for almost half our starters. Have we finally drafted some talent to contend?

Is our team's glass half full or, half empty?

Half full. Good young talent on D....with a D that is already a top 5 unit. Get those young kids healthy and ready to contribute. A solid D that now has the ultimate movable chess piece in Dion Jordan, who is a valuable weapon especially against the threat of Qbs that can run the option.

On offense, i see us using Egnew on alot of screens the way he was used at Mizzou. Throughout the preseason we saw alot of Egnew blocking. I'm guessing they wanted to get that aspect of his game up so that RT would have more options when he's on the field. Miller will be a stud as long as he stays healthy and DT looks like he could be much improved in the zone blocking scheme. Sims can be a do-it-all tight end in the Fasano mold. Tannehill is figuring the game out.

Moral of the story: we haven't had a glimpse yet of how this offense will use Wallace or Egnew. Lots of hitches, screens...lots of creativity with a lot of talent capable of big plays. I'll wait to declare Egnew a bust til after this season....now is the time for him.

We show we are ready when we play the Saints on Monday Night and win.

Talent wise I'd say the Browns are More Loaded due to years of losing. I'm hoping our Coaches can coach up and get more out of our players. prime example is Coyle had tha knack of turning no names in Cincy into productive DBs. If we beat the Stains soundly than we are ready for Primetime!!!

We show we are ready when we play the Saints on Monday Night and win.

Atlanta in game #3 will tell where we are, after beating the Browns and Colts. They have more overall talent.

I agree SB. We should be able to beat the Browns and the Colts. Atlanta has the better QB and WR's. Their coaching staff is better too. They are on par with the Pat's, Saints, and Packers IMHO.
Starting the season at 2-0 is critical to making a playoff run and having a winning record.

---------- Post added at 12:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 PM ----------

Atlanta in game #3 will tell where we are, after beating the Browns and Colts. They have more overall talent.

Beating the Falcons on Monday night football would really improve our power rankings

I agree SB. We should be able to beat the Browns and the Colts. Atlanta has the better QB and WR's. Their coaching staff is better too. They are on par with the Pat's, Saints, and Packers IMHO.
Starting the season at 2-0 is critical to making a playoff run and having a winning record.

---------- Post added at 12:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 PM ----------

Beating the Falcons on Monday night football would really improve our power rankings

Yeah, and they bring a lot of fans with them to Miami. I think we need two wins to have a decided Phans advantage.

I think beating the Saints will be a easier game to win than Indy and Atlanta. Indy will be on the road which will give them a pretty good edge and Atlanta is just pretty good period. Lets not forget we are now playing more home games again earlier in the season this year "which" should translate to an edge for the Dolphins. I also look at the Baltimore game as a possible win as it will be a home game, before our break and you have a Ravens team that has lost a lot of key players along with a Superbowl win that sometimes comes with a bit of a hangover.

I'm ignorant of the Browns Roster outside of:

The Rb, The Cb(Hayden), The recent DE pick and maybe the QB. What-else do they have?

Talent wise I'd say the Browns are More Loaded due to years of losing. I'm hoping our Coaches can coach up and get more out of our players. prime example is Coyle had tha knack of turning no names in Cincy into productive DBs. If we beat the Stains soundly than we are ready for Primetime!!!

Back
Top Bottom