Are Landry & Ajayi Legitimate #1 WR/RB Combo? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are Landry & Ajayi Legitimate #1 WR/RB Combo?

Perfect72

It's Only Happened ONCE!
Reaction score
Jay Ajayi and Jarvis Landry are legitimate #1 running back/wide receiver.

Each player topped 1,000 yards on Saturday night. It’s only the second time in franchise history the team has had a running back and wide receiver accomplish the feat in the same season. Before the season, some wondered if Arian Foster would be Miami’s workhorse back. Nope. Before the season, some wondered if DeVante Parker would surpass Landry as Miami’s go-to wide receiver. Nope.

It is entirely possible that in Ajayi, Miami has a Top 10 running back. And entirely possible that in Landry, Miami has a Top 10 wide receiver. And for coach and playcaller Adam Gase, those are two outstanding weapons to build an offense around.

LINK: http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachp...stant-takeaways-miami-dolphins-34-ny-jets-13/

Your Thoughts? :ponder:

Landry is a great slot/ yac receiver and Ajayi is a very good back. We still need Parker to be that alpha outside presence (which he is when healthy) and Ajayi is good enough for rb to not be considered a need.

I would say no. I think Ajayi is a number one running back, but as good as Landry is, he is a slot receiver who should not really be the number one option the passing game filters through.

When Parker isn't banged up he's the alpha. Problem is he's always banged up

He better step it up vs that Bills secondary. He was supposed to be much healthier than recent weeks yesterday but he was still a ghost like vs the cardinals. Gray and Sims jumped off the screen compared to him. He's due for a breakout game next Saturday. I think he lights the league on fire next year if he's gets a full offseason of reps and comes into week 1 healthy. He simply oozes too much talent/natural ability not to.

Landrys tackle breaking reminds me of mark clayton, smaller guys that refuse to go down not to mention fantastic hands. watching landry run after the catch is amazing. i think any team in the league would take one, or both of those players without even taking a moment to consider.

my answer is yes...while ajayi has strugged to get much production the last few weeks overall he is a very good rb. He breaks tackles and can make something out of nothing. Our run blocking hasnt been all that great with Pouncey and Albert out. Pouncey does make a big difference in the run blocking. I think AJayi is a legit back and i even like our backups. They play their roles. Damien Williams is a decent pass catching back but he still makes some boneheaded plays and i wouldnt mind if he was replaced but i also wouldnt care if it was Ajayi, Williams and Drake again next year.

When it comes to Landry he is just a stud. Even when hes not catching the ball hes laying the wood on blocks. Him and Odell Beckham have the most catches thru the first 3 seasons of a career. I would like to see Landry in the endzone more often but Landry would be starting on 31 other teams in the league. He is just too good of a player even though he doesnt have top flight speed he runs good routes and has great hands...people tend to overreact and act like Landrys slow, he may not be Antonio Brown fast but he does have the speed to break one, like he did last night. Jarvis is very good after the catch at making people miss and gaining the extra yards. I want to make sure we lock him up because he is a leader, a vocal one but mostly by his play on the field. 110% all the time.

He better step it up vs that Bills secondary. He was supposed to be much healthier than recent weeks yesterday but he was still a ghost like vs the cardinals. Gray and Sims jumped off the screen compared to him. He's due for a breakout game next Saturday. I think he lights the league on fire next year if he's gets a full offseason of reps and comes into week 1 healthy. He simply oozes too much talent/natural ability not to.

In all fairness, Parker should have another 30 yds last night if Moore had placed to ball where needed. Instead of underthrowing him for a pick. Maybe the chemistry just needs more time? They have 2 weeks to figure it out before our super bowl run, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ajayi is definitely a #1 rb. A lot of teams don't have a "star" #1 WR but rather a combination of good players with a variety of skill sets. I believe that's what we have. I would still like to focus on the o-line (Pouncey and Albert too injury prone) and get a top tight end in the offseason. Also, we need to pay Landry, he has earned it.

Back
Top Bottom