Are our wins impressive? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are our wins impressive?

BahamaFinFan78

Active Roster
Reaction score
After what has happened to the Falcons, I'm not so sure our win against them seems so impressive anymore, but the win against the Colts seems even more impressive, considering they stuck it to San Fran and Seattle. What do you think? What about the Browns win?

The Browns have a very good defense, currently 3-2 and we beat them in their building.

The Colts have looked great so far and Miami has been the only team to beat them, again in their building. Which just happens to be the Colts only home loss since September 2012.

The Falcons have talent they just can't seem to put it together. Miami found a way to beat them, just like the Jets and Patriots found a way. But not lets not pretend Miami struggled to beat them and the rest of the AFC East rolled over them. Pats only beat them by 7, Miami by 4 and the Jets by 2.

Our wins are still impressive, especially the Colts game. Most teams have a tough game sprinkled in here and there, but Miami got a rough 5 game start to the season. The Dolphins at 3-2 after that schedule in my opinion is more impressive than any other 3-2 team in the league based on their schedules.

The nice thing is that after the bye Miami gets some relief from the schedule makers. Bills twice, Jets twice, Panthers, Chargers, Buccaneers and Steelers. Of course we still have our real tough games against the Patriots twice and the Bengals. I know everyone is all caught up in what happend most recently and think the theme of the past two games will continue through the entire season, but this Dolphins team can still make noise this year. They probably will go 3-1 or 2-2 against the Bills and Jets. I would expect a 4-0 or 3-1 record against the Panthers, Chargers, Buccaneers and Steelers. Then throw in a 2-1 or 1-2 record against the Patriots and Bengals. So that should put Miami anywhere between 9-12 wins. I still stand by my 9-7 preseason predicition.

Most believed the first 5 games would doom the Dolphins (putting them in a hole to deep to dig out of), but they fought and won....two of those victories in other team's houses who have winning records. 3-2 with the easier part of the schedule remain....should be fun.

Most believed the first 5 games would doom the Dolphins (putting them in a hole to deep to dig out of), but they fought and won....two of those victories in other team's houses who have winning records. 3-2 with the easier part of the schedule remain....should be fun.
Exactly I remember most "experts" thinking that the first five games were so tough that Miami would be thinking draft by the time the bye week came. Remember Heath Evans? He thought the Browns would crush us on opening day and that the team would probably be 1-4 going into the bye. Pete Prisco had us going 0-5. We had a tough first give games and came out of it very well and almost pulled out a fourth win. I doubt there are many fans that wouldn't have taken a 3-2 start prior to the season.

Going forward, those Jets and Bills game don't seem as easy now do they? (Except now that the Bills don't know what they are doing at QB)

Going forward, those Jets and Bills game don't seem as easy now do they? (Except now that the Bills don't know what they are doing at QB)

Well when you are averaging just under 5 sacks a game no win is going to be easy. Atlanta has 5 of their 11 sacks against us. That's concerning.

As the season has gone on though, who would have thought Atlanta would be the worst team we faced going into the bye?

Any win in the NFL is tough. Wins are tough to come by.

The win over CLE is impressive (although we faced a totally different offense than others...we still faced the same D). And IND is still an impressive win. ATL lost to the Jets, Phins, and Pats by a combined 13 points I believe. Tough luck for them. They had an opportunity to win every game.

I think we will beat the Bills in 2 weeks, unless the o-line is even worse then what we've seen over the last 2 weeks. We will have our Hands full with the Jets unless Geno Smith the TO machine shows up. If Smith plays a clean game vs us we could be in big trouble as the jets D-line should absolutely eat our olines lunch. We need Wake, Ellerbee and Patterson be be ready to go for our trip to Foxboro and we need a better plan tha Philip Wheeler and Rashaad jones for Gronk.

After what has happened to the Falcons, I'm not so sure our win against them seems so impressive anymore, but the win against the Colts seems even more impressive, considering they stuck it to San Fran and Seattle. What do you think? What about the Browns win?

Cleveland with Hoyer (though he's hurt now) and Gordon are playing better than when the Dolphins played them in Week 1.
Beating Indy at their place is impressive based on their wins vs. SF and SEA.
Beating ATL at home was impressive even though ATL is 1-4. They've lost by 6, 4, 7 and 2 to New Orleans, Miami, New England and the Jets who combine for a 15-5 record.
Losing to NO and BAL isn't a catastrophe considering those teams are good but the loss to BAL is a conference loss and it was a winnable game even after all that.

Atlanta is terrible. I am not crowning the Jets just yet.

I thought the Falcons win was a quality win, but I think any reasonable observer now looks at Atlanta and says they're just a bad football team right now due to injuries and Mike Smith's horrible game management.

Colts win was a very high quality win. A lot of people now think they are the 3rd or 4th best team in the NFL.

Bye week comes at a great time for us. Made it through the gauntlet at 3-2 and now have a chance to get healthy and go over what has happened the past few weeks. The NO game played out like many expected and we probably should have won the BAL game (field goal away from at least tying it). All of the AFC East teams have issues right now so we're in pretty decent shape.

From what I've seen so far, I expect to beat BUF in two weeks (if we're truly a playoff team, no excuse for dropping this one). After that two critical games against CIN and NE which could go either way. Beyond that the schedule really softens up and we could have a chance to run the table. Our OL and RB problems are not going to magically go away so we need to learn how to manage them (can be addressed through the play calling). AFC East is totally up for grabs right now so it would be disappointing if we didn't take advantage.

Back
Top Bottom