Are Players Falling To Miami Or Are Other Teams Smarter? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are Players Falling To Miami Or Are Other Teams Smarter?

JahnDho

Active Roster
Reaction score
Parker fell to Miami at 14, Tunsil at 13, Fitzpatrick at 11, even Gessicki in the 2nd.

Is Miami brass getting lucky or are other teams smarter to pass on them?

Well Tunsil did fall to us.

But yea after seeing the celebration when we took Parker after he "fell to us" (personally I wanted to add defensive talent that year, not a specific player, just someone on D) and similar jubilation when we took Fitzpatrick this year (especially with the other top S also still on the board) I certainly did wonder if it was the fortuitous coup many saw it as or if we were the first team that wanted them.

Not saying Fitzpatrick isnt a good pick, but did any team above us actually have a strong feeling about him?

Last edited:
Tunsil and Gesicki are really the only two that I would consider falling to Miami.

Parker was actually taken a little higher than I thought he should, and Minkah @ 11 was just about right in my opinion - plus/minus 2 or 3 picks.

I’m seeing a trend. Perceived value appears high. Miami has so many needs that these players they’re taking are likely going to fill a need as well as being talented. However, they haven’t been translating to the NFL well. Is that a product of a poor organization that’s doing a poor job with fit, scheme and development? Or are they just missing on these players?

Back
Top Bottom