Are the Dolphins better off after Parcells? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are the Dolphins better off after Parcells?

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Accountability is the only word that matters this week.
While the Dolphins offense is preaching “finish the job,” referring to the team’s red zone struggles, and the defense stresses “do your job,” in regards to unit’s numerous breakdowns, my focus has been making sure everyone takes ownership for what’s happening.
We’re only two games in and this season is at a turning point. The Dolphins will either stop the bleeding by pulling out the season’s first win on Sunday against the Cleveland Browns, or this FRANCHISE will begin to code.
The course will be decided by how well Tony Sparano and his coaches get the team to play, and how well the players execute the game plan. There are injuries that need to be overcome, but I’m not interested in accepting any excuses. The Green Bay Packers didn’t make any when their injury-depleted team won the Super Bowl.
Even if an upset is pulled off (yes, that’s what it’s gotten to considering the Browns are favored) all won’t be well in Davie.
http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_football_dolphins/2011/09/are-the-dolphins-better-off-after-parcells.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+sports%2FMiamiDolphinsweblog+%28Miami+Dolphins+|+Sun-Sentinel+Blogs%29

They spent three years trying to build a team using an outdated football philosophy. It didn't work and the architect skipped town with all of the money. Seems legit.

5ae37d71348e423ca369e692e3df51be-1.jpg

Parcells was a jerk who took Waynes money and did nothing for it. He never had his heart in it and frankly pisses me off. a Dream job with dream money and he is an ungrateful snob, who just laid the responsibility in Sparano/Irelands hands. He didnt deserve to get paid the money he did! I lost my respect for Tuna

Last line is funny. You know you're in deep **** when it's considered to be an upset when you beat the Browns. He appointed 2 incompetents at HC and GM so clearly we are not better off even though he's gone. All remnants of Parcells need to be washed away this offseason.

Kinda...

Two part answer really.

Right now we're not because we're still average. We're just good enough to finish around .500 which is the worst possible spot to be in in the NFL.

Soon, we'll be much better off because we're on our way down to the bottom of the league which is where you need to be when you can't get it done in free agency and you refuse to draft a franchise QB. Eventually you get to the very bottom and everyone gets fired and you have no where to go but up. Eventually, someone will draft us a franchise QB.

Kinda...

Two part answer really.

Right now we're not because we're still average. We're just good enough to finish around .500 which is the worst possible spot to be in in the NFL.

Soon, we'll be much better off because we're on our way down to the bottom of the league which is where you need to be when you can't get it done in free agency and you refuse to draft a franchise QB. Eventually you get to the very bottom and everyone gets fired and you have no where to go but up. Eventually, someone will draft us a franchise QB.

You would just think someone is going to draft a franchise QB eventually.

like matt ryan. uh, dude really aint makin it happen.

we need a QB who can get the ball in the endzone and a defense that is top notch. a coach who knows how to accomplish this with regularity.

Back
Top Bottom