Are the Dolphins purposely tanking in the 2nd half? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are the Dolphins purposely tanking in the 2nd half?

Newmpiece17

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
This is the first full game I have watched. (Usually watch redzone for my own sanity). But from what I have seen and heard here is that the team has been staying competitive before completely collapsing in the 2nd half (Bills, Chargers). Even though that stupid package with one D linemen let up that stupid play at the end of the first half, it was causing havoc the rest of the half. But they completely stopped doing something that was working in the 2nd half. Why?

Seems like they should have been happy to go to half at 14-3, why not run the clock out? Then all Blitz 3rd and 20 which also has X with soft awful coverage to give up 7...Sorry I just dont buy it.

Come out in the first half and do nothing but cookie cutter pass plays while we were still up...

Not that I am complaining. If this is what they are actually doing, I love it.

We will never know.

But the real question is if we can hold up the tank for the second half, of the season

We will never know.

But the real question is if we can hold up the tank for the second half, of the season
Lol...yes..if the second half of our season is anything like our second half of football games...

You bet your @$$ they are. They make it entertaining for the 1st half and then an all out collapse in the 2nd half. Why? Because they have too. They were told by management to do so. Yeah its hard to watch. They make it look pretty in the 1st half, but then they go vanilla the rest of way bull$hit!. I watched every ****ing single game this year and its the same ****ing thing every week. So yes sir! They are purposely losing games there is no if's, there is no ands, and there is no buts about it. If anyone can't see it their blind. Plus, the staff is in on it too and Flores and his staff are actors in it. But, they had no ****ing idea it was going to be like this. Plus, their are a lot of terrible teams this year and they were not expecting teams to do similar **** like we are doing but, in a casual disguised way (BENGALS, YETS (they should not count because they always suck and have sucked since 1969), FALCONS, BRONCOS, BROWNS, and REDSKINS and us are all competing for #1 its the goddamn truth. Plain and simple. But, too many bottom dwellers this year and its scaring all of them because they want TUA. There is no way around it. You have to suck the worse in order to do so. But, is it right? **** no!! Because there no guarantees in this sport or any other sport period.

Last edited:
They play hard for a half (or in this weeks case most of it) to basically practice for next season,rate personnel & try plays against defensive sets ....the second half ? Its all out tank mode and the players are in on it because you can see the air is gone out of the balloon from the 1st series to the final snap of the ball. Players get paid win or lose...

There are a lot of teams doing it this year and its on the NFL for not fostering more parity and a solid path for teams to improve over time. I for one hope the NFL suffers more lost viewership and fans over it because in 20 years of NE domination they have sat back and done NOTHING.
Tank & tank it until the wheels fall off

I don't think the coaching staff has made any halftime adjustments in any game this season. Last night Pittsburgh played most of 2nd half with a 6th Offensive Linemen. Miami didn't adjust. I think that answers all of anyone's suspicions?

If they aren’t then we have a serious coaching problem. But I think it’s more that once the other team makes its adjustments, we can’t keep up because we have about 0.5 talented players on the team. Is the coaching staff complicit? In so much as there isn’t much they can do. Not going to win a game with this roster. It is all part of the plan though.

It would be illogical to tank the first half and not the second half.

I am just glad for us be in the game into the 3rd qtr these past 3 games.

Back
Top Bottom