• Tanking

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • Neither, we're gonna roll like that past 20 years

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters

Phindog

Active Roster
Reaction score
A good portion of the fans seem to like the word Tank or some just dont want to think that the team is just rebuilding.

As much as some think it's the same, it's not. Rebuilding takes 2-3 years. Tanking even though it's harder to do could be done in one season if a team is eyeing a specific player.

Though rebuilding is too strong a word for what they are doing, I am sure they are rebuilding if it's true they are handling the lines this year, and going QB next year...Which I also don't believe 100%, because if they get a chance at one of the two top QBs this year, they might pull the trigger.

After doing a little research I confirmed my theory, I'd like to see what the status quo is.

They are rebuilding. There is 0% chance this team is going to try to lose. Just what I've gathered listening to this staff, doesn't feel like a tank job. They are building for the future. Starting extension talks with X should serve as a big indicator that its not a tank job.

I think a lot of this is semantics. Honestly, if they are not going to sign a vet QB (which I am ok with) nor draft a guy high that could start now, they are not going to win a lot of games which puts them in a great spot for next year's QB draft class. So are they going to throw games? Of course not. But will the team they field in 2019 really be able to win more than 5 games without a bona fide NFL starting QB? Not sure about that. There's going to be a lot of purging of players coming to clear the cap for 2020.

Ross is the one IMO closing his check book for free agents unless they are cheap stop gap players.

So in other words we're gonna be on a see-food diet in 2019, we can look but cant touch.

If Luke Falk, Jake Rudock, or David Fales is behind center in game 1 on...it's a tank job.

Last unofficial tank job was 2011...guess who was the captain of the ship that year?

First off The Dolphins have been crap for going on 2 decades...

Tanking = getting worse, ( which probably for Us, is just about as difficult as getting better). We have to get worse than the almost mediocre we've been forever. Think the only way of actually Tanking, is pretty much just not showing up.

Giving up the move for Murray or Haskins, probably means a solid DL most likely and a draft of hopefully better players at needed positions. So, better players at needed positions and possibly a dabble here and there of better FA's and we are going to get worse and will have a better shot at a higher 2020 draft pick ?....lol, ya and theres that bridge for sale in Brooklyn.....

IMO its a QB now whether Murray, Haskins, Rosen, Garrapalo, Carr or whoever. There seem to be some good to decent guys coming to the surface to go after and who knows what will open up in this off season. But the opportunity is there This Year and I'm looking forward to seeing if the FO is on the same page......hey JMO...

Back
Top Bottom