Are the Patriots Tanking? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are the Patriots Tanking?

Gonzofinfan

Super Donator
Reaction score
I'm just curious your thoughts it may be a jump to conclusions for me, I know its not an outright tank job but he is casting off most of their experienced players this season.

I find it odd that they didn't pick a QB at any point in this draft leaving it all on Brian Hoyer and Jarrett Stidham seems foolish to me, They also took a kicker in round 5 which sends me the message your getting rid of Gostkowski and trying to create more cap space.

They definitely lost a ton of Free Agents again this season so in essence I think there is a legit possibility the patriots roster as currently compiled is about a 4-6 win team unless all along we find out it was Bellichick not Brady that is the key to New Englands Success.

I however wonder if in the Back of Hoodies head he is planing on being at a high enough draft pick to grab the top QB next year..

I also found it odd they never took a qb. I dont see Bill tanking a season, but if he has a so-so season, much easier time trading up for whoever he wants

Belichicks too old and too proud to sit through 16 games of tanking. Their defense is still going to be a solid unit and Brady wasn’t lighting the world on fire last year and they still won the division. If they can limit the turnovers from whoever the QB is they’ll be in the mix for the playoffs.

Cam, Winston or Dalton will be announced in the coming days would be my guess. Or just to give Dolphin fans a heart attack the Packers opt to start Love era now and ship Rodgers to the Patriots.

I'm thinking there's a good chance Belichick will be in for a rude awakening. Obviously the Pats have a good system and Belichick is money when it comes to the defense, but he will find out just how valuable Brady was to that team.

The Pats might have to win a lot of 7-6 and 9-7 games this year. It's not out of the question they go from first to worst with that offense.

Back
Top Bottom