Are the Patriots Tanking? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are the Patriots Tanking?

Cam, Winston or Dalton will be announced in the coming days would be my guess. Or just to give Dolphin fans a heart attack the Packers opt to start Love era now and ship Rodgers to the Patriots.
They don't have much cap space this year. Next year they do. Belichick may get lucky if the season is cancelled which is not out of the question or Newton or Winston play for bare bones.

I'm thinking there's a good chance Belichick will be in for a rude awakening. Obviously the Pats have a good system and Belichick is money when it comes to the defense, but he will find out just how valuable Brady was to that team.

The Pats might have to win a lot of 7-6 and 9-7 games this year. It's not out of the question they go from first to worst with that offense.
Their offense sucked last year that D carried them through the season.

Who really cares, last year with Brady, and something extremely crucial to play for, Miami went into NE (where nobody looks very good, let alone win), and out-classed, out-fought, and out-played the Patriots to a Miami victory.

This is not to say in 2020 Miami should be/will be a playoff team, or the new Beast of the East, but the signs are there of one team declining, while another in the quietest of ways is making huge strides faster then people are noticing.

Brady is pretty much doing what every great QB does, runs off to team X hoping for Y. I personally think Brady is average now, thus BB's action is very logical.

I suspect his QB choice is also Dalton, but time will tell.

Definitely not tanking, but definitely not the dominant perennial division champs anymore back to reality.

Last year in the first 8 games of the season against an ultra-soft schedule they only gave up 61 points. Last 8 games against a tougher schedule they gave up 164 points.

We'll see how the defense fairs if Stidham doesn't maintain long drives like Brady did and turns the ball over frequently.

In 2007 the Patriots set all-time records for offense scoring 589 points against a difficult schedule and they didn't score less than 20 points in a single game (although they did in their 19th game against the Giants to lose the SB, 14-17). Heck, they scored less than 31 points only 4 games that year.
In 2008 when Brady got hurt against an ultra-soft schedule for the entire year, that team had the same offensive players as the year before (except for Brady of course) including Randy Moss and they scored less than 20 points 7 out of the 16 games, 24 or less in 10 games.

BB got spoiled rotten for 18 years with TB there. He's gone now!

Defense went from allowing 7.7 ppg in 1st half of season as team went 8-0 to 20.5 ppg in 2nd half of season as team went 4-4, then lost in the playoffs. Three of the Pats losses the offense put up 20, 22, 28 points.

I'm looking at this a good thing and an opportunity for the Dolphins to reclaim their rightful place in this division. At the top! :)

Andy Dalton is a good fit for the Patriots, and is 32 i think. Burrow will start in Cincy, no need for Dalton to stay

Pateiots are probably an 8-8 team unless BB tanks it on purpose.

The Patriots though are not the team to worry about in the division. The new Bill in the division is the Buffalo Bills. McDermott has built a nice team, and with their new additions will be better than last year.

I will say that I don’t think Belichick has it in him to tank, and I definitely don’t think he has it in him this late in his career.

But I will also say I’m certain that he doesn’t give a flying **** what ANYONE thinks.

Back
Top Bottom