Are the Patriots Tanking? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are the Patriots Tanking?

I don't think you need to tank or have a very good QB when you have other teams' signals. I think the fact that they never stopped or at least not for long when they were caught in 2007 was established late last season. There are few QB's who can read a field and make a throw on time and on target at a moment's notice. But when you know where the route is (over 80% of the time according to Flutie) you really just need a good arm. There are more QB's with a good arm when they know where to throw than when you have to figure it out on the fly. I acknowledge that brady can probably read a field now, having been around for 20 years, but most guys never get the 20 years with training wheels, so we never hear of them.
BTW the league is still pretending to do an in-depth investigation on the latest incidence of Spygate. The draft is over so who knows, they may go with just a token fine, which is nothing in the NFL. Wait it out until nobody remembers / cares. Although this goes against the statement released to teams by Goodell in 2015 on cheating. Same strategy must apply for Kraft's personal misconduct last year.:munch:

I think Belichick is satisfied with his QB situation and his defense will once again be one of the best in the entire league. I think the Patriots and Bills will be the main contenders for the AFC East and it would not surprise me in the least if the Patriots win the East. I don’t see them winning the AFC and going to the Super Bowl but as long as Belichick is the head coach of the Patriots, they are going to be a factor in the AFC every year.

Back
Top Bottom