Are there any MODs Online that can help me? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are there any MODs Online that can help me?

Wildbill3 said:
With what?

Hey, my brother (FinNasty) wrongfully got banned.
http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=121522
FinNasty said:
Mod Edit: This isn't the first time you've known that you posted a thread in the wrong forum. Take 24hrs off to learn the rules.

But the thing is, it was the first time. Ever since the rule changes, he has obeyed the rules and always posted threads in the correct forums. This was the first time he wrongly posted a thread in the main forum, and it wasnt his 2nd offense, so he doesnt deserve to be banned.

He had a quick question. And once it was anwsered, he would have deleted the thread himself if he could... But he understands and obviously has been warned. Can you please remove his ban?

Just yesterday he posted an off topic thread in the main forum.

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=121367

Here's some others in the past:
http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=89788
http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=116843

So in essence, he hasn't always followed the rules and he doesn't always post in the correct forums. If he has a quick question, he can do it in the proper forum. This is the reason we made the new rules, so that the other forums would receive more traffic.

byroan said:
Just yesterday he posted an off topic thread in the main forum.
http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=121367
Ok, I dont think he realized that it was a bad forum to put this in. It was a humorous link he was trying to pass along.

byroan said:
This thead is from August, way before the main rule changes were made. Since then, he has properly posted this stuff in the right forum... Here is an example...
http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=121173

byroan said:
Again, he was just passing along a funny link.

He obviously knows now that even if they are just humorous things, that they dont belong in the main forum. And he has never been written or PMed a warning from a MOD.

EHord25 said:
Ok, I dont think he realized that it was a bad forum to put this in. It was a humorous link he was trying to pass along.

This thead is from August, way before the main rule changes were made. Since then, he has properly posted this stuff in the right forum... Here is an example...

He obviously knows now that even if they are just humorous things, that they dont belong in the main forum...

The thread from august was not made way before the rule changes. The rule change he broke was made back in may of 2002. As quoted from the TOS.

Off Topic
Added: May 01, 2002 - Please keep posts where they belong. If you wish to talk about politics for example, please post it in Political | War Forum. If you wish to talk about other NFL teams, post it in "General NFL." And, of course, if you wish to talk about YOUR MIAMI DOLPHINS, post it in the Miami Dolphins forum! If an Admin or Mod find that you have posted an off topic post, it will be moved to the appropriate forum.

He also knew it shouldn't have been posted in the main forum:

I know this will get moved... Please leave it here MODs.

And he has never been written or PMed a warning from a MOD.

Again, from the TOS.

Please note that you may be banned/suspended without notice for a FIRST offense.

This was the second time in two days he posted an off topic thread in the main forum.

EHord25 said:

He obviously knows now that even if they are just humorous things, that they dont belong in the main forum...
The rules in question have been around for longer than the rule changes you refer to.

And as Byroan stated, anybody can be banned at any time, with or without warning. I want to thank you for contacting us about this in the proper forum. If you still feel your brother is being treated unfairly, please email an Admin.

Warning System:

1st Offense – minimum of warning given via PM/post depending on severity

2nd Offense - Minimum 24-hour ban depending on severity

3rd Offense – Week Ban or Permanent ban depending on severity

Please note that you may be banned/suspended without notice for a FIRST offense.
If you feel you can behave in a mature manner, please feel free to contact us.

Wildbill3 said:
The rules in question have been around for longer than the rule changes you refer to.
Off Topic
Added: May 01, 2002 - Please keep posts where they belong. If you wish to talk about politics for example, please post it in
Political | War Forum. If you wish to talk about other NFL teams, post it in "General NFL." And, of course, if you wish to talk about YOUR MIAMI DOLPHINS, post it in the Miami Dolphins forum! If an Admin or Mod find that you have posted an off topic post, it will be moved to the appropriate forum.

Warning System:
1st Offense – minimum of warning given via PM/post depending on severity

2nd Offense - Minimum 24-hour ban depending on severity
3rd Offense – Week Ban or Permanent ban depending on severity

If you feel you can behave in a mature manner, please feel free to contact us.

I understand that it was the 2nd time in 2 days. But like I said, the one yesturday, he didnt know that it was a bad place to put a humorous thing that he thought all Dolfans would enjoy. (Note: there is no "MODS please move this..." etc.)

He would have really appreciated a warning via PM/post.

EHord25 said:
I understand that it was the 2nd time in 2 days. But like I said, the one yesturday, he didnt know that it was a bad place to put a humorous thing that he thought all Dolfans would enjoy. (Note: there is no "MODS please move this... etc.)

He would have really appreciated a warning via PM/post.
[/indent]
We'll take that into account for future reference. IF this truely had been his first go around, he would not have been banned. Please direct any further concerns to Admin.

Wildbill3 said:
We'll take that into account for future reference. IF this truely had been his first go around, he would not have been banned. Please direct any further concerns to Admin.

You can check all of the threads "byroan" posted. None of them have a warning from a MOD in them. Is there anyway you can lift the ban?

And who is Admin.?

EHord25 said:
You can check all of the threads "byroan" posted. None of them have a warning from a MOD in them. Is there anyway you can lift the ban?

And who is Admin.?
I'm not going to go into the semantics of knowing the difference between right and wrong. He didn't need a warning because he already knew he was breaking the rules, and on more than one occasion. As I said earlier, we'll take your views on the matter into account, but for right now the ban remains.

Wildbill3 said:
I'm not going to go into the semantics of knowing the difference between right and wrong. He didn't need a warning because he already knew he was breaking the rules, and on more than one occasion. As I said earlier, we'll take your views on the matter into account, but for right now the ban remains.

I understand and so does he. But like I said, he would have appreciated a warning.

When is the ban over?

EHord25 said:
I understand and so does he. But like I said, he would have appreciated a warning.

When is the ban over?
It is only a 24 hour ban. I know, I have a hard time going a few hours without checking finheaven... Anyway, just learn the lesson and we won't have to do this again.

Back
Top Bottom