Are We 3-2 Or 0-5???

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by AphexPhin, Oct 11, 2018.

1. AphexPhin

AphexPhin A True Fan

just curious cause it seems like its all doom & gloom all the time with a lot of posters on here lol. Last time I checked, we still have a winning record and are playing AT home this coming Sunday vs da Bears (very winnable game) . I seem to recall we turned around a very sloppy / ugly start to the 2016 season and made the playoffs. Gotta stay positive folks. Go Fins!

zach attach, Danny68, andyahs and 3 others like this.
  2. Martel13

Martel13 Since '84 Super Donator

It’s the way we are losing. Not showing any growth. The defense actually looks passable but the offense is embarrassing again. But you’re right we are 3-2 with a winnable game at home coming up. Gotta keep the faith I suppose

3. lbmclean_nocal

lbmclean_nocal Well-Known Member

getting our asses blown out, then throwing a game away and now facing the Bears?

sunshine ain't exactly pouring out of my ***

4. NBP81

NBP81 Yippi ka yay mother******! Finheaven VIP Donator

Nevermind that our 2 losses have come against playoff teams on the road, that 95% of the board had those 2 games pegged as losses before the season started, that Fins are tied for 1st in the division, that during the 2 losses, Fins lost 2 DTs and 3 starting OLs... They really should be 5-0, anything less warrants firing everyone....

5. AphexPhin

AphexPhin A True Fan

oh I definitely get the frustrations from the fans but jfc a lot of these posters coming out the woodwork are something else haha. I do agree that the Cincy loss was a demoralizing one . We were up 17 in the 2nd half. no excuses from me about that one . just horrible & Tannehill's TOs were basically what I would call "nightmare scenarios " lol.

I am pretty confident we can get these next two games in the W column though.

Travis34 and Martel13 like this.
  6. Dolph N.Fan

Dolph N.Fan A True Fan

Because the team isn’t getting any healthier and are dropping like flies. Every injury to a starter seems to drop Miami down 2 pegs. If the O-line still had all 5 starters I wouldn’t be as concerned.
    Not to mention the losses are because of the same problems Miami can never seem to solve:

Lack of depth
    Penalties
    3rd downs
    Slow starts
    Weak pash rush

Same Old same old.

Phins28 and dolpns13 like this.
  7. MiamiDolfan85

MiamiDolfan85 DA M.I.A IS WHERE I STAY

Aww, you poor basturd....

8. Lionstone

Lionstone A True Fan

No, you are just not recognizing that:

- receivers are dealing with the press better
    - backs are getting in the groove
    - Gesicki is more comfortable with routes even when he manhandled
    - Young LBs are growing each week
    - Same for Minkah which is scary good

I am sure there plenty of growth areas I left out, but that is enough to make my point.

kevphin likes this.
  9. Danny

Danny Finheaven VIP Finheaven VIP

3-2 with so grey. You're trying to make all black and white but it's not that simple. The reason people here are down on the team is because they've seen this team with the same problems that have followed the team for years now. We've seen this team win 2, 3 and sometimes even 4 games in a row only to let us all down.
    And the biggest frustration is that the same areas that have been a problem for years are still a problem now. I don't think people want to be gloom and doomed but we've seen this movie before and most people here don't trust the team anymore. I'm sure that if the team would fix their old problems posters would come around.

10. John Biello

John Biello Perennial All-Pro

If they want a W against the bears they better plan in running gore and drake into the ground. If they expose this Oline to obvious passing situations the osweiler and fales better be ready to take their lumps as well

11. Blake the great

Blake the great A True Fan

Bless your heart

opticblazed and Avigatorx like this.
  12. Pitbull13

Pitbull13 Pitbull13

We're 3-2 playing like 0-5

dnespins, FinsGonnaRock06 and artdnj like this.
  13. Martel13

Martel13 Since '84 Super Donator

I agree with you on Minkah and the LBs had a good game last week. The rest very debatable. What else you got

opticblazed likes this.
  14. artdnj

artdnj Time is Now Finheaven VIP

Chi is going to play stop the run imo big time. The oline and 17 will be forced to make plays through the air. #stacked box

elite14eva likes this.
  15. AdamC13

AdamC13 Awe "Tight End" my favorite position!

Part of the negativity could be years of frustration along with Miami giving fans hope starting off 3-0 and having a two game lead.

If the playoffs started two weeks ago, Miami gets a first round bye. If they started today, Miami doesn't even make the playoffs.

Had Miami started off 0-2 with the caliber of play the past two weeks and now are on a 3 game winning streak many fans might be a lot more positive.

Beyond that, anyone watching Miami play the past two weeks realizes the Fins aren't a playoff caliber team and are getting worse offensively, although that doesn't seem even possible. The Pats were giving up 28ppg until they played Miami and Cincy was giving up 28.25ppg.

Defensively and ST Miami has played well enough, but the offense has been so horrendous Jason Allen and the Bills have actually out performed Ryan Tannehill and the Fins.