Are We 3-2 Or 0-5???

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by AphexPhin, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Teenwolf

Teenwolf You are an animal

Sorry about that ;-)

opticblazed likes this.
  2. opticblazed

opticblazed Well-Known Member

No worries I saw the end result also

3. Eight_one

Eight_one Active Member

I agree with the OP's sentiment, but also do live in reality, before I get pulled up for being delusional.

Bottom line is the rest of the season is about the team's mental toughness and resourcefulness.

If the team have the mental makeup of what we're witnessing on message boards, then the season is already in the tank. If the team have some mental toughness and the coaching staff is capable of actually earning their money, then anything can happen.

Big ifs I know, but true winners don't come from situations where its all roses. Those guys usually fall apart when adversity hits.

The guys that weather the storm and rise are the ones that succeed.

The cheats up North are a prime example... All hell breaks loose and they seem like ****, but they right the ship and then come the end of the season are in the games that matter.

Yes, Miami looked like **** vs NE and vs Cin they managed to do what bad teams do, snatching defeat from the Jaws of victory. But sandwiched in between that I saw a defense that is getting better and held one of the league's best Os in check in their home town. I also saw a running game that averaged over 5 a carry.

The old adage is "to win in the Nfl, you have stop the run and run the ball". While Tunsil was on the field, no one can argue we weren't able to run the ball. Once he was out all hell broke loose and our QB's flaws were exposed by a p*** poor O line effort and coaching failure.

The questions are:

- whether the players are tough enough to get over an emotionally draining game, or will they let that define their season
    - are the coaches capable of self-scouting and finding the answer to maximise what they actually have

Not saying things will turn around. However, I for one am over Cin and looking forward to seeing whether this team responds like they did in 2016 after 2 awful losses to Cin and Ten (go back and watch them if you are sadistic, they are on par with the last 2 games in terms of play, effort, coaching, everything), or if they do exactly what everyone is saying and just roll over and die.

AphexPhin, AXAFinFan and Teenwolf like this.
  4. Birdmond

Birdmond A True Fan Donator

Not showing growth offensively. I’m pretty happy with the growth of our young defense.

Martel13 likes this.
  5. Aqua ‘N Orange

Aqua ‘N Orange A True Fan

Jackson’s turned out to be a very good player. #1 corner

Jerrysanders likes this.
  6. FINOMINAL

FINOMINAL Scout Team

It’s not just the record, it’s all the offense that we have seen. It’s bottom of the NFL stuff. We are on track for that 8-8 I predicted. That’s assuming the defense can win us eight games.

7. truedolfan57

truedolfan57 A True Fan

You must be new here lol

Goin` Deep likes this.
  8. Jerrysanders

Jerrysanders FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Tunsil has been looking very good this season.

Aqua ‘N Orange likes this.
  9. njFinsForever

njFinsForever Offensive Mindset

Any chance Tunsil a go this Sunday? I don’t see any way our offense moves the ball against bears D. It won’t be on the ground. Secondary probably bears weakness? We’re going to need our defense and special teams to win this one. Not impossible, but seems unlikely

10. BSQ

BSQ Scout Team Finheaven VIP

The offense can be fixed. Get Tunsil back and we have a good shot against the Bears. Without Tunsil, I'm not sure if we can run the ball, in thruth, with Tunsil I'm not SURE we can run the ball. If we're having success running the ball then stay with it. Gase's biggest failing is going away from what works in games. Keep coming at them until they stop you. Then slow down the rush the way NE does. Use the Bears aggressiveness against them. Don't ask this o-line to pass block for very long, they can't. Get the ball out very fast. NO HOLDING THE BALL LOOKING DOWNFIELD WHILE BLITZERS KNOCK THE HELL OUT OF YOU. MOVE YOUR FEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Buy time, throw it on the run or else run the ball. At 2.5 seconds either throw the ball or start moving.

11. DuderinoN703

DuderinoN703 We? What the **** we? Finheaven VIP Donator

When Miami drops to 3-3 this Sunday what’s the narrative then? Still .500 and only a game back of NE so there’s still hope?

Bah humbug. Miami has no track record other than screwing us over. They can’t be trusted.

dolpns13 likes this.
  12. AphexPhin

AphexPhin A True Fan

haha "Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!"
    Love that movie.
    [​IMG]

13. Aqua ‘N Orange

Aqua ‘N Orange A True Fan

Look at how good his feet look on that 2nd set of clips. I mean that’s just a walk in the park for the left tackle. Almost overset on one and got split inside. Not a bad recovery though.

He’s easily our top grade on offense. Keep ballIng Laremy

Goin` Deep and royalshank like this.
  14. Finland

Finland Pro Bowler

For those that have been watching "the growth areas" for 15 or so years now, it is recognized, each time they grow. I don't know what would make you think it can't be seen. We want more than that. It's been too long. We are going to turn in to The Bengals of the 90's or the Browns of the last decade. But it's great to know the backs are getting in the groove!

15. royalshank

royalshank Not a Game-Changer Finheaven VIP Donator

This. 10 first downs per game is our new norm until garbage time. Since 2016 actually. Give playcalling to someone else.