Are We 3-2 Or 0-5??? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are We 3-2 Or 0-5???

I agree with the OP's sentiment, but also do live in reality, before I get pulled up for being delusional.

Bottom line is the rest of the season is about the team's mental toughness and resourcefulness.

If the team have the mental makeup of what we're witnessing on message boards, then the season is already in the tank. If the team have some mental toughness and the coaching staff is capable of actually earning their money, then anything can happen.

Big ifs I know, but true winners don't come from situations where its all roses. Those guys usually fall apart when adversity hits.

The guys that weather the storm and rise are the ones that succeed.

The cheats up North are a prime example... All hell breaks loose and they seem like ****, but they right the ship and then come the end of the season are in the games that matter.

Yes, Miami looked like **** vs NE and vs Cin they managed to do what bad teams do, snatching defeat from the Jaws of victory. But sandwiched in between that I saw a defense that is getting better and held one of the league's best Os in check in their home town. I also saw a running game that averaged over 5 a carry.

The old adage is "to win in the Nfl, you have stop the run and run the ball". While Tunsil was on the field, no one can argue we weren't able to run the ball. Once he was out all hell broke loose and our QB's flaws were exposed by a p*** poor O line effort and coaching failure.

The questions are:

- whether the players are tough enough to get over an emotionally draining game, or will they let that define their season
- are the coaches capable of self-scouting and finding the answer to maximise what they actually have

Not saying things will turn around. However, I for one am over Cin and looking forward to seeing whether this team responds like they did in 2016 after 2 awful losses to Cin and Ten (go back and watch them if you are sadistic, they are on par with the last 2 games in terms of play, effort, coaching, everything), or if they do exactly what everyone is saying and just roll over and die.

It’s the way we are losing. Not showing any growth. The defense actually looks passable but the offense is embarrassing again. But you’re right we are 3-2 with a winnable game at home coming up. Gotta keep the faith I suppose

Not showing growth offensively. I’m pretty happy with the growth of our young defense.

True, I wanted William Jackson so bad that draft lol, Cincy has an underrated roster with good depth as well but after the NE game I expected us to make a statement and show the world we're legit but we laid an egg.

Jackson’s turned out to be a very good player. #1 corner

It’s not just the record, it’s all the offense that we have seen. It’s bottom of the NFL stuff. We are on track for that 8-8 I predicted. That’s assuming the defense can win us eight games.

just curious cause it seems like its all doom & gloom all the time with a lot of posters on here lol. Last time I checked, we still have a winning record and are playing AT home this coming Sunday vs da Bears (very winnable game) . I seem to recall we turned around a very sloppy / ugly start to the 2016 season and made the playoffs. Gotta stay positive folks. Go Fins!
You must be new here lol

Any chance Tunsil a go this Sunday? I don’t see any way our offense moves the ball against bears D. It won’t be on the ground. Secondary probably bears weakness? We’re going to need our defense and special teams to win this one. Not impossible, but seems unlikely

The offense can be fixed. Get Tunsil back and we have a good shot against the Bears. Without Tunsil, I'm not sure if we can run the ball, in thruth, with Tunsil I'm not SURE we can run the ball. If we're having success running the ball then stay with it. Gase's biggest failing is going away from what works in games. Keep coming at them until they stop you. Then slow down the rush the way NE does. Use the Bears aggressiveness against them. Don't ask this o-line to pass block for very long, they can't. Get the ball out very fast. NO HOLDING THE BALL LOOKING DOWNFIELD WHILE BLITZERS KNOCK THE HELL OUT OF YOU. MOVE YOUR FEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Buy time, throw it on the run or else run the ball. At 2.5 seconds either throw the ball or start moving.

When Miami drops to 3-3 this Sunday what’s the narrative then? Still .500 and only a game back of NE so there’s still hope?

Bah humbug. Miami has no track record other than screwing us over. They can’t be trusted.

UnripeCavernousBilby-size_restricted.gif
haha "Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!"
Love that movie.
remain-calm.jpg

Tunsil has been looking very good this season.

Look at how good his feet look on that 2nd set of clips. I mean that’s just a walk in the park for the left tackle. Almost overset on one and got split inside. Not a bad recovery though.

He’s easily our top grade on offense. Keep ballIng Laremy

No, you are just not recognizing that:

- receivers are dealing with the press better
- backs are getting in the groove
- Gesicki is more comfortable with routes even when he manhandled
- Young LBs are growing each week
- Same for Minkah which is scary good

I am sure there plenty of growth areas I left out, but that is enough to make my point.
For those that have been watching "the growth areas" for 15 or so years now, it is recognized, each time they grow. I don't know what would make you think it can't be seen. We want more than that. It's been too long. We are going to turn in to The Bengals of the 90's or the Browns of the last decade. But it's great to know the backs are getting in the groove!

It’s the way we are losing. Not showing any growth. The defense actually looks passable but the offense is embarrassing again. But you’re right we are 3-2 with a winnable game at home coming up. Gotta keep the faith I suppose
This. 10 first downs per game is our new norm until garbage time. Since 2016 actually. Give playcalling to someone else.

Back
Top Bottom