Are We Better Off ??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are We Better Off ???

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
At 3-7 are the Dolphins better off than last year??? All our fans were very optimistic with the head coaches change. I know that Saban needs time to turn this franchise around. But the proverbial question is, do our fans have the patience for this rebuilding effort??? In today's era you must win now and very often.. I've been a Dolphin fan since the early seventies and I never would have imagined that the Dolphins would have now become a struggling franchise. :fire:

It does seem that Dolphin fans are quite impatient, but we must wait. Unlike with Wanny last season, our team is on the right tack and in a season or two, we will be a great franchise once again.

we are better off. we're going to establish a foundation of success. instead of skipping from rock to rock like we did before. but building takes time.

MallSanta said:
It does seem that Dolphin fans are quite impatient, but we must wait. Unlike with Wanny last season, our team is on the right tack and in a season or two, we will be a great franchise once again.

That's up for debate, well sorta. When Bates took over it seemed like the team was on the right track. They did post a 3-4 record and had a chance to win all 7 games. This year we have been completely out of at least 3. As bad as last season was we were really only out of one game. That's right you can go up and down the 2004 schedule and you won't find more than one game we didn't have a chance to win going into the forth quarter. If anyone wants to challenge me on that go ahead, I will go over the schedule and explain myself.

BAMAPHIN 22 said:
At 3-7 are the Dolphins better off than last year??? All our fans were very optimistic with the head coaches change. I know that Saban needs time to turn this franchise around. But the proverbial question is, do our fans have the patience for this rebuilding effort??? In today's era you must win now and very often.. I've been a Dolphin fan since the early seventies and I never would have imagined that the Dolphins would have now become a struggling franchise. :fire:
We are better off now. We don't have to worry this offseason about a complete Front Office cleaning like last season. Chemistry is building, and our rookie coaching staff is learning how to work in this league. It is better to fail now and learn from your mistakes. I feel better about the team now then I did last season.

Saban4prez said:
we are better off. we're going to establish a foundation of success. instead of skipping from rock to rock like we did before. but building takes time.

I like your optimisim... I guess winning cures everthing...But when you are losing you can point out every deficiencies or everything thing that is going wrong.

BAMAPHIN 22 said:

I think this is the most impatient fanbase in all of professional sports (well, maybe other than the NY Yankees). The expectations people had for this team this year are just unreal. You don't sink all the way to 4-12 and then turn it around overnight. The only teams that have ever done anything like that were either destroyed by injuries in the 4-12 season or coming off several 4-12 seasons where they stocked up on high draft picks.

Saban has done a lot of things to show he's heading in the right direction (thinking of the future by not wasting draft picks for AJ Feeley and Lamar Gordon types, getting younger, building depth, etc) while still trying to put a competitive team on the field. It just takes time.

I think we are better off. I tried explaining my feelings about the team and it's future to some degree in the thread "On positive from today!!" But some fans seem to think getting a high draft pick after this season will solve all of our problems, and would liek to see us lose the rest of our games. I just can't imagine how losing every game would help the team in the long run(even with a high pick). I'll never root against this team, even if it means a 6 win season and the 12th pick overall.

Frisches13283 said:
I think we are better off. I tried explaining my feelings about the team and it's future to some degree in the thread "On positive from today!!" But some fans seem to think getting a high draft pick after this season will solve all of our problems, and would liek to see us lose the rest of our games. I just can't imagine how losing every game would help the team in the long run(even with a high pick). I'll never root against this team, even if it means a 6 win season and the 12th pick overall.

I feel like I've been banging my head against a wall around here trying to explain the same point. I just cannot hope for this team to lose.

Back
Top Bottom