Are we better or worse? position by position | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are we better or worse? position by position

mega-fin-love

Just trust me
Reaction score
I'm looking at this years team compared to last years team.

QB= same. No real changes here. Tanne will start and Moore will back him up.
WR= better. Lost Bess but Gained Wallace and Gibson = better
TE= worse. Without Keller we pretty much have a below average group. At least last year we had Fasano.
RB= worse. No matter how you slice it we have the same group as last year except no Bush. Hopefully Miller explodes.
OL= worse. We lost Long and really didn't gain anyone other than Clabo.
DL= better. Jordan should make this unit better.
LB= debatable. Dansby and Burnett were pretty big names and solid players. We did get younger and faster though.
S = same. I don't really see much difference here
CB = better. Brent Grimes>Sean Smith
K = better. Do I really need to say anything here.

By my count we got better at 4 positions and got worse at 3 positions. All of the debatable positions I'm not going to get into because well...they are debatable. With the recent media picks ( almost every one picking the Browns ) I figured I would break it down a little. Can anyone argue any of these results? Just curious. Seems pretty clear to me.

I think the RB position is debatable. Bush would give you big runs once in a while but there was no consistency. for all the big runs, there were 5 questionable decision making ones which would put the team in bad situations that ended up in 3rd and longs. While Miller is unproven, I feel like is going to take whats there most of the time without trying to be to fancy, and when he's gets to the 2nd level, he has just as much a shot at getting to the end zone as Reggie did... I'm not saying we got better but I definitely don't think we got worse...

everybody is sleeping on Lamar Miller, this guy is going to explode. better north and south runner then reggie was. he gets the ball and runs straight up field, no more dancing reggie

QB is better, tannehill improved
RB draw, I will be fair miller is young but I feel like he is better then reggie as a runner
WR is much better no need to explain
TE is worse
OL is worse slightly, untill martin shows it on the field, I feel like he can
DL is better, Ordick is about to explode, vernon is improved and Jordan is well a beast
LB draw, I hear alot about the speed and ability to blitz and cover better. I love Ellerbe hes a beast but Wheeler idk yet
CB is better, Grimes is a legit #1 corner. when Taylor and Davis get healthy we will be fine
S is the same but you can argue Jones improved

I feel like in essence your just going by addition/subtraction...but overall we got better EVERYWHERE besides the TE and RB positions. Oline is debatable because we still dont know how Martin will play, youre basing your answer on the preseason. Plus we added a top 10 RT in Clabo. TE we lost Keller and Fasano and our backup is now starting with a rookie and a 2nd year player in Egnew who is worthless from what we have seen. RB is same minus Bush, but we can only hope the coaching staff knew what they had in Miller to not upgrade that position at all, besides adding Gillislee. We did gain experience at the QB position, and rest of the returning starters and beleive it or not that does count for something. Jones/Clemmons will have a full year of playing together and our Dline is also back with the addiditon of Jordan and surprise rising of Vernon. LBs are already looking better due to their coverage ability and speed, plus blitzing of the QB looks a lot better as well. Overall we only got "worse" at TE, and thats only due to an injury which was obviously unexpected, if not the only real position of downgrade was RB.

I feel like in essence your just going by addition/subtraction...but overall we got better EVERYWHERE besides the TE and RB positions. Oline is debatable because we still dont know how Martin will play, youre basing your answer on the preseason. Plus we added a top 10 RT in Clabo. TE we lost Keller and Fasano and our backup is now starting with a rookie and a 2nd year player in Egnew who is worthless from what we have seen. RB is same minus Bush, but we can only hope the coaching staff knew what they had in Miller to not upgrade that position at all, besides adding Gillislee. We did gain experience at the QB position, and rest of the returning starters and beleive it or not that does count for something. Jones/Clemmons will have a full year of playing together and our Dline is also back with the addiditon of Jordan and surprise rising of Vernon. LBs are already looking better due to their coverage ability and speed, plus blitzing of the QB looks a lot better as well. Overall we only got "worse" at TE, and thats only due to an injury which was obviously unexpected, if not the only real position of downgrade was RB.
we didnt have keller last year, so his loss cant be factored in if your comparing last year and this year. Fasano did leave so I guess we are worse, unless Sims steps up

QB= better, Tannehill will be well improved

WR= better.

TE=Unlucky, With Keller we were going to improve, now we are slighlty behind last season, I liked Fasano and we will miss his td's

RB= unsure - im not sure about Miller yet but the way Bush danced frustrated the life out of me

OL= A little worse at the start of the season - Martin will be fine especially after a few games and Clabo is an upgrade over Martin at RT

DL= Better - OV improved, Odrick better at DT and I love Jordan

LB= improved, blitz and speed

S =improved - after a year together our pair will work better

CB = better. Brent Grimes! And Taylor will be good when healthy

K = better

Has the OP been watching Jake Long in St.Louis? Apparently not!

With one year under his belt, and better weapons to throw to, I would have to say better.

Agreed

TE= worse. Without Keller we pretty much have a below average group. At least last year we had Fasano.
Agreed, hope Simms proves to be something special early.

RB= worse. No matter how you slice it we have the same group as last year except no Bush. Hopefully Miller explodes.
Agree, but if Miller continues to be the runner he was last year, with more attempts, this drastically swings to better.

Agree, pretty scary if these guys don't eventually get their act together.

Agreed, pretty exciting how good these guys actually could be, especially once Dion starts feeling comfortable.

LB= debatable. Dansby and Burnett were pretty big names and solid players. We did get younger and faster though.
Agreed here also, we may lose a little against the run, but will have better blitzing, and pass-coverage.

I agree.

Agreed, and I think Peterson will continue to do a good job for us.

Agreed, it will be great to know that if we need FG between the 40 and 49, it can be made, and if it's 50 or beyond, also very possible.

With one year under his belt, and better weapons to throw to, I would have to say better.

Agreed

Agreed, hope Simms proves to be something special early.

Agree, but if Miller continues to be the runner he was last year, with more attempts, this drastically swings to better.

Agree, pretty scary if these guys don't eventually get their act together.

Agreed, pretty exciting how good these guys actually could be, especially once Dion starts feeling comfortable.

Agreed here also, we may lose a little against the run, but will have better blitzing, and pass-coverage.

I agree.

Agreed, and I think Peterson will continue to do a good job for us.

Agreed, it will be great to know that if we need FG between the 40 and 49, it can be made, and if it's 50 or beyond, also very possible.

I was trying to leave out opinion and just look at facts alone. Yes, I think Tanne will have a better year but we don't know that. He may have a worse year/ sophmore slump. I think Miller should have a pretty big year but...that fact is last year we had Bush, Miller, and Thomas and now we have the same minus Bush. I'm trying to view things without my blinders on. Yes the Dolphins will be much better if everything we hope goes right does. I'm trying not to assume anything and just look at what we have .

TE may have question marks around it right now, but something tells me Sims is going to be great with a little play time. He really showed something the last game.

In general I agree with everything you said. The personnel evaluation was spot on.

I would add though that we had one of the youngest teams in the league and many of those young players should be significantly improved in year two. Guys like our inexperienced rookie QB Tannehill, new starters/contributors Miller, Vernon and Martin.

The returning veterans should also be improved because we changed every major scheme on offense and defense last year, so the veterans will have a handle on it more this year than they did last year.

We changed our OL blocking scheme from power blocking to zone blocking. We switched from a down field passing game to a west coast rythem passing scheme. We changed from a flex 34 to a solid 43 on defense. We ran less overloads to create pressure. Lots of schemes changed.

I'm looking at this years team compared to last years team.

By my count we got better at 4 positions and got worse at 3 positions. All of the debatable positions I'm not going to get into because well...they are debatable. With the recent media picks ( almost every one picking the Browns ) I figured I would break it down a little. Can anyone argue any of these results? Just curious. Seems pretty clear to me.

Pretty fair

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 PM ----------

QB= better, Tannehill will be well improved

WR= better.

TE=Unlucky, With Keller we were going to improve, now we are slighlty behind last season, I liked Fasano and we will miss his td's

RB= unsure - im not sure about Miller yet but the way Bush danced frustrated the life out of me

OL= A little worse at the start of the season - Martin will be fine especially after a few games and Clabo is an upgrade over Martin at RT

DL= Better - OV improved, Odrick better at DT and I love Jordan

LB= improved, blitz and speed

S =improved - after a year together our pair will work better

CB = better. Brent Grimes! And Taylor will be good when healthy

K = better

How can u be unsure on runningback. Bush/Miller is definately better than Miller/Thomas

None of this really matters unless a couple of things.

1. Tannehill starts to turn the corner week in week out throwing TD's and not many Int's
2. Turnovers. This is the biggest stat anyone should live by. We didnt win certain games because of turnovers and not getting the ones we should have.

Back
Top Bottom