Are we done in FA? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are we done in FA?

So you’re sayin you’re on the fence… What would you say to a 2nd rd pick with Tennessee covering 6 million of his 10.3 salary and they give us the sixth back in return?

I'd say no.

I know I talk about unknown rookie vs known.quantity.

However, prospects like Noah Sewell, Campbell etc... to me would be worth the investment over Henry for 1-3 years.

Now if Miamis intentions are to draft a RB at 52, then I would rather trade it for a know quantity in Henry, Ekeler Cook etc.

But at 52, a tackle who slides, LBER, safety, CB etc would be the better play IMO.

I stated earlier, a 4th is probably the highest I'd consider.

If Henry is willing to take 5-6 million a year for 3 years I'd be willing to entertain a 2nd or 3rd.

I look at things like thus.

Im a Sewell gut. But pick your player who's available in the 2nd. Maybe you like a TE or CB.

But for my scenario, I'll say Sewell.

So I would rather draft Sewell at 52, keep Mostert and Wilson and use the 6 million for Henry on O line depth

Rather then have Henry.

However, there is NO player in the 4th round I can honestly say would be worth the investment over Henry EVEN if he's a 1 year rental.

And of course, here’s the devil himself always coming on here to defend himself. Get someone else to evaluate OL talent, Chrissy-poo. Thee that doth spouteth like yee do of the most evil devil may be reflecteth of one’s own ghastly image within his mirroresque! 🎃

I'd say no.

I know I talk about unknown rookie vs known.quantity.

However, prospects like Noah Sewell, Campbell etc... to me would be worth the investment over Henry for 1-3 years.

Now if Miamis intentions are to draft a RB at 52, then I would rather trade it for a know quantity in Henry, Ekeler Cook etc.

But at 52, a tackle who slides, LBER, safety, CB etc would be the better play IMO.

I stated earlier, a 4th is probably the highest I'd consider.

If Henry is willing to take 5-6 million a year for 3 years I'd be willing to entertain a 2nd or 3rd.

I look at things like thus.

Im a Sewell gut. But pick your player who's available in the 2nd. Maybe you like a TE or CB.

But for my scenario, I'll say Sewell.

So I would rather draft Sewell at 52, keep Mostert and Wilson and use the 6 million for Henry on O line depth

Rather then have Henry.

However, there is NO player in the 4th round I can honestly say would be worth the investment over Henry EVEN if he's a 1 year rental.
Wow it sounds like there’s some hair on that fence? Oh hey, most awesome Gryphonk! Didn’t see who I was talking to there… We haven’t done battle in a long time! Ha ha, well anyway… Need to support my position and yeah seems like you like to ride that fence! Hence, my 1st sentence?

Wow… Fence, hence, sentence. 🤔 hmmm.

Last edited:
I think they can focus both on FA and draft simultaneously as they both work together. I'm hoping for Wagner. Aside from that, I'm good FA wise.
Yup totally agree that Grier can walk n’ chew gum simultaneously.

la vida loca workaholics GIF
We all livin’ Davida-Loco! 🧜‍♀️🕺🏼

Wow it sounds like there’s some hair on that fence? Oh hey, most awesome Gryphonk! Didn’t see who I was talking to there… We haven’t done battle in a long time! Ha ha, well anyway… Need to support my position and yeah seems like you like to ride that fence! Hence, my 1st sentence?

Wow… Fence, hence, sentence. 🤔 hmmm.

Sure, guess you could say that. Always a gray area. Nothing is absolute.

I was saying No to the 2nd rounder simply because I personally would not draft a RB in the 2nd round this year

Back
Top Bottom