Are we done in FA? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are we done in FA?

Yeah, because Henry, in his prime, won all those Championships.

You, obviously, have faith that DH would still be hungry, willing and able to make a huge difference, rather than just play out the string for an unfamiliar team/surroundings. Having seen how that type of thing has worked out for this franchise before, I don't have that much confidence in him being that huge of a difference maker.

There is legitimacy to both lines of thought, though, and having a different opinion doesn't make others stupid as you purport. It isn't as "black or white" as you make it sound, and the "your was is the only way" attitude wears thin after a while.

I mean it's fine to have a firm opinion, which you have expressed (literally) a hundred times, and stand by those convictions, but there are no guarantees in this situation, as you keep stating there are.
Your lead-in is absolutely hyperbolic nonsense. They had Tannehill and never had the tandem of Hill and Waddle weaponry-wise in front of Henry.

Why would we sign Henry if we didn't immediately gather that he has the fire in the belly and do a fair amount of investigation to substantiate that? You're using past experiences to cite the "my way is the only way". It isn't but I'm much more effective at selling my thoughts than most. If you can't convince me otherwise, I stand victorious!

Your lead-in is absolutely hyperbolic nonsense. They had Tannehill and never had the tandem of Hill and Waddle weaponry-wise in front of Henry.

Why would we sign Henry if we didn't immediately gather that he has the fire in the belly and do a fair amount of investigation to substantiate that? You're using past experiences to cite the "my way is the only way". It isn't but I'm much more effective at selling my thoughts than most. If you can't convince me otherwise, I stand victorious!
Apparently the powers that be disagree. Maybe my basic premise is exactly why they went a different direction. We will never know for sure.

Now, that doesn't make them right, and you wrong. Likewise, nothing makes you "right" either.

If it makes you feel special to count non provable opines as victories, fine by me.....

Apparently the powers that be disagree. Maybe my basic premise is exactly why they went a different direction. We will never know for sure.

Now, that doesn't make them right, and you wrong. Likewise, nothing makes you "right" either.

If it makes you feel special to count non provable opines as victories, fine by me.....
la vida loca workaholics GIF

I looks like Miami is done for now. What's confusing is Miami was reportedly only $50k under the cap, but yet somehow managed to re-sign Van Ginkle. Not sure how they managed that, without having to make a corresponding move? Like an extension, release/cut or restructure. I was hoping they'd have announced a contract extension to either Wilkins or Williams, if not both. Hopefully something else is coming, that hasn't been announced publicly yet?

I looks like Miami is done for now. What's confusing is Miami was reportedly only $50k under the cap, but yet somehow managed to re-sign Van Ginkle. Not sure how they managed that, without having to make a corresponding move? Like an extension, release/cut or restructure. I was hoping they'd have announced a contract extension to either Wilkins or Williams, if not both. Hopefully something else is coming, that hasn't Bern announced publicly yet?
There was some error with Ramsey's contract showing the right stuff I think. That was fixed cap wise which gave us the cheddar.

Disagree to an extent. Penalties can be reduced with training. They aren't innate.
One part of the poor OL play, in addition to talent, is the musical chairs OL - new guys in/out/changing positions. Anyone who follows OL play knows familiarity with the guy on either side is important. Having poor to average blocking TEs didn't help.
Grier doesn't draft OLmen. I'll not beat that dead horse
I see it as a two-fold problem; first, other teams are able to evaluate/draft better o-linemen than Miami, and second, ever since Philbin was hired the team has wanted fancy blocking schemes but the linemen drafted mostly suck at executing those blocking schemes.

I would say yes, but what we need to remember is that grubby team in New jersey are building a superteam as well.
If Odell lands there with expected rogers. I would expect a move to happen.

I now do not care who evaluated anything in the past. MC wanted better coaching, not doe, fired, next. I like it.

Agree. Not a fan of giving any RB 16m in the first place.

Beyond that, I certainly don't want to extend a back at that age to a multi years deal, which is what you would have to do, and I really don't want to give away any more draft picks.
It really is this simple...

if we can get him for a 6th or 7th, and at about half that salary...... sure why not

It really is this simple...

if we can get him for a 6th or 7th, and at about half that salary...... sure why not

Exactly.

That's why I change every day on going after Henry lol.

I've read Titans willing to pay a decent portion of his salary. To the tune of him costing around 6.9 million against the cap.

I'm not trading a 2nd for Henry.

But if you're telling me at that price I would happily give up a 4th or lower.

Even if it's a 1 year rental.

Just my opinion. 2nd or 3rd nahhh, not really. After that absolutely.

Also, I get the concept just draft a younger guy.

However, nothing is guaranteed with Chardonay or Robinson, Vaughn etc....

But you know what you're getting with Henry.

Also Henry and Sourbutt assist with O line help as well so....

Depends on what we'd give up ultimately.

Exactly.

That's why I change every day on going after Henry lol.

I've read Titans willing to pay a decent portion of his salary. To the tune of him costing around 6.9 million against the cap.

I'm not trading a 2nd for Henry.

But if you're telling me at that price I would happily give up a 4th or lower.

Even if it's a 1 year rental.

Just my opinion. 2nd or 3rd nahhh, not really. After that absolutely.

Also, I get the concept just draft a younger guy.

However, nothing is guaranteed with Chardonay or Robinson, Vaughn etc....

But you know what you're getting with Henry.

Also Henry and Sourbutt assist with O line help as well so....

Depends on what we'd give up ultimately.
So you’re sayin you’re on the fence… What would you say to a 2nd rd pick with Tennessee covering 6 million of his 10.3 salary and they give us the sixth back in return?

They better not be, because a certain GM that is protected at all costs on here can’t draft worth a crap.
Sorry bud, read that late nite post…begged the mods to play the mercy card. fer ya…best not mention the word “crap” for at least a week, 🎃 while she blows over. 💨

Back
Top Bottom